British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
garf

Danish National U21 championship

Bjerre had passed Rune Knudsen when Rune got his engine trouble and was well ahead.

Little wonder there is confusion as it was posted elsewhere that Knudsen had the engine failure whilst leading :?

Guest Randers

Little wonder there is confusion as it was posted elsewhere that Knudsen had the engine failure whilst leading :?

Don´t know where Hanne has got her information from, but I was there and Bjerre passed Knudsen in the first bend and knudsen had his enginetrouble on the backstraight while fighting for second place.

Guest Pinstripe2k3

Did you say Niels Iversen was in the race?

Iversen is lucky to have finished runner up I see. But we all know Knudsen is the better rider 8)

Don´t know where Hanne has got her information from, but I was there and Bjerre passed Knudsen in the first bend and knudsen had his enginetrouble on the backstraight while fighting for second place.

I got it from a friend who was there...but maybe he explained it wrong..don't know... Anyway...it was too bad for Rune...but you are probably right that Kenneth would have passed him anyway :)

Guest Pinstripe2k3

i Wouldnt mind seeing him have an British mechanic down here like Niels Iversen did this year - it would probaly suit him more as his mechanic was apprantly a jerk at Newcastle.

If we could get him over for a few laps after a meeting one sunday - then who knows?

i Wouldnt mind seeing him have an British mechanic down here like Niels Iversen did this year - it would probaly suit him more as his mechanic was apprantly a jerk at Newcastle.

If we could get him over for a few laps after a meeting one sunday - then who knows?

Actually Kenneth has a British Mechanic, but you are maybee talking about Rune. ;)

I know for a fact that Rune has been working on his engines. Maybe he succeded in that ? :approve::approve:

Another thing is that Rune was gating very well in the competition, and it was only the damn chain, which dropped off as he tried to pass Kenneth inboard and caused the EF for Rune. :-( Had Rune got just one point in the heat, he would have had the silver, and that would be OK as he was riding very well. :approve::approve:

That is the only reason that PUK (Iversen) got his silver. He was the best man in the run-of, but he was unlucky in his first heat too as he fell of the bike. :-(