Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darrol73

Keith Millard Footage Wanted

hi,

im doing a project on a local (to me ) ex racer called keith millard i was wandering if anyone knows where i might find some of keiths races,i know he joined exeter falcons in 80`s,i have joined the exeter falcons forum to try to obtain some but not had any responce.i think he also raced at milton keynes,any information about keith and any footage much appreciated

darrol :wink:

Wecome to The BSF Darrol.

I did manage to ask Shooting Star if she could ask Steve Hone a couple of days ago if he had any footage-Hopefully should hear from either of them soon mate.

Am sure the guys on here will be able to help you more than some of us could on Exeter site that viewed your post.

Trouble with some forums is the post drops down and gets lost or not seen by people,and with Exeter not racing at the moment a fair few people that could help do not look in on there at the moment.

Good luck on here mate,I am sure you will get as much info as you need.!!!

Edited by Nevs

many thanks mate,i knew keith as a kid grew up in same town,he was a real star around here,seen him a few times recently (sadly not to speak too ) hope i can track something down,i did look for some of his grasstrack racing footage too but found nothing.

i know a few grasstrack people,but only a handful

I missed the early eighties and started again in 84 but well remember from the local press when he won the under21s and was hyped up as a future champion.

Keep looking in here-people will keep adding I am sure. :)

hi darrol,

i don't have any clips of Keith that i can think of, but i'm sure i remember seeing something on youtube from Canterbury in a British Junior Championship ... worth doing a search on there.

From the 1986 Speedway Yearbook:

Keith John Millard b. 18/11/1964, Newent, Gloucs.

Exeter (NL 1981-83)

Peterborough (NL 84)

Rye House (NL 85)

Swindon (BL 82)

Poole (BL 83)

Exeter (BL 84)

British Junior Champion 1983

I can't confirm, but I think he retired, from the shale at least, at the end of 1985.

Can't help on the footage front though, sorry.

hi darrol,

but i'm sure i remember seeing something on youtube from Canterbury in a British Junior Championship ... worth doing a search on there.

There is--saw it weeks ago-just cant find the bleeding clip again.

Its on one of the you tubes threads on forum and he just happens to get a mention in the clip incidentally and the race shown but cant be found by a search.

KEITH MILLARD Exeter(81,82,83,84), Swindon(82), Peterborough(84),RyeHouse(85),MiltonKeynes(87)

NEWENT ENG 18.11.1964

British U-21 Champion 1983

Ah rite... Milton Keynes in 1987...us Glasgow fans tend not to recall too much about that season ;)

Incidentally it was still known as the British Junior Championship in 83, not U-21. Keith also represented Exeter that year in his only appearance in the NLRC.

Edited by tigerbrandcoffee

Ah rite... Milton Keynes in 1987...us Glasgow fans tend not to recall too much about that season ;)

Incidentally it was still known as the British Junior Championship in 83, not U-21. Keith also represented Exeter that year in his only appearance in the NLRC.

i give up,i spent 3 months looking for footage etc,looked for 5 hours on youtube.

cheers lads