British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

Tut-tut Boxer, time to move on!  :wink:

I watched the race as a bit of a neutral. None of the three are particular favourites of mine but I would have liked the Brits to go through. So in my opinion with no bias, I thought Scott was very harsh and lucky not to be excluded.

Never , LW lol :D True I wasnt concerned who qualified/won , I just dont like to see a rider fencing another. Lets face it both the English riders were going to be in next year whatever. B) One the under performer and the other a rookie with promise.

Can`t see what all the fuss is about, Hans and Nicki have been riding like that for years, in fact it is normal for them two. Lets hope next year Bomber will cut out this 5 point rubbish and go out to win every round that way he wont be in a run off.

Anyway nice to see Scott in next years GP.

Correct. Snidey move from a snidey bloke.

The manoeuvre Scott did on Chris was a desperation move because there was a lot at stake in that race.... Teammates is irrelevant that sort of incident is seen in every Gran Prix and is almost inevitable....

Scott made a rash passing attempt, made contact, and was, for him very lucky not to be excluded.... to see any more into the incident than that is ridiculous

A lot of people are looking for a bit of bad blood I'm sure Chris is annoyed and gutted, but is more than capable of attempting the same pass if the boot was on the other foot.

Not sure the same fuss would have been made if it was an incident with Chris and for example Rune Holta..

Its the referee's job to ensure fair play It would seen on this occasion that he failed badly...... not the first time a ref has done that tho!

Guest sjl
Can`t see what all the fuss is about, Hans and Nicki have been riding like that for years, in fact it is normal for them two. Lets hope next year Bomber will cut out this 5 point rubbish and go out to win every round that way he wont be in a run off.

Anyway nice to see Scott in next years GP.

Couldn't agree more :D

I'm no fan of Scott Nicholls, I consider him to be a bully on the track. He was exactly that tonight BUT he wasn't the villain of the piece. That dishonour goes roundly to the idiot who sat in the chair impersonating a referee.

In effect his non action tonight said you can knock another rider off if you are desperate enough and as long as it's on the last lap you will get away with it. The pratt should never referee another meeting.

I'm glad Holta won the run off. He finished with the same number of points as Harris and Nicholls but we all know that had he finished third that would have meant his exit from the GPs, whereas the two Brits will remain in the series simply because of politics/sponsors. Grossly unfair and unsporting.

I'm glad Holta won the run off. He finished with the same number of points as Harris and Nicholls but we all know that had he finished third that would have meant his exit from the GPs, whereas the two Brits will remain in the series simply because of politics/sponsors. Grossly unfair and unsporting.

Scott HAS qualified, he has finished 8th. :blink: No politics needed.

Edited by SCB

Okay, here's an interesting one. The race-off was held prior to the final, which was, of course, the climax of the night. But if Jonsson had won his semi-final, he'd have still been in with a chance of getting into the race-off. So, in that case, the £100,000 prize race would surely have been the second last race of the night.

Scott HAS qualified, he has finished 8th.  :blink:  No politics needed.

sorry got my tenses mixed up. Should have said "whereas had either of the two Brits not qualified they would remain in the series simply because of politics/sponsors". I meant had either Nicholls or Harris not qualified they would have been given a wild card but Holta would not. That's not fair regardless of personalities IMHO

I can agree with that. I think it should be the best 15 rider in the World plus a wildcard for best local/an inform rider.

That said, I don't think qualifiers is the way either, Lukas Dryml, Niels Kristian Iversen and Bajrne Pedersen are hardly top 15 riders IMO.

That said, I don't think qualifiers is the way either, Lukas Dryml, Niels Kristian Iversen and Bajrne Pedersen are hardly top 15 riders IMO.

The qualification process would, of course, be better if some riders didn't think themselves above it.

I'm still a bit confused why there needed to be a race off. EVery time in the past, as Chris Louis confirmed, when riders are tied on points the verdict goes to the one with the lowest starting number. Also, if they were having a race off, why did the same rule not apply for gate positionpick? Irrelevant in any case I suppose as Harris is guaranteed a nomination so no point worrying unduly.

Star Lady

I see the chip on your shoulder is still firmly in place

Last night i saw a terrible racing accident at Kings Lynn...tonight there are people on this thread indicating that Scott Nicholls knocked Chris Harris off on purpose....You should all be ashamed of yourselves....Unlike others i do not have rose tinted glasses and believe Scott should have been excluded but this crap about Harris outdoing him and thats why he stuffed him in the fence.....what twaddle.......worryingly a lot of it comes from the more mature posters...who really should be ashamed of themselves.....As for being a bully.....Idiotic

jaybea

The way I saw it Scott had to do something to ensure himself of a GP place for next year at any costs and he did just that and got away with it. I hope Bomber will be given a wildcard and he should but its over with now wish i was at the next coventry meeting could be interesting!!!!

Rune Holta what a legend!!!!!!!