British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

I'm still a bit confused why there needed to be a race off.  EVery time in the past, as Chris Louis confirmed, when riders are tied on points the verdict goes to the one with the lowest starting number.  Also, if they were having a race off, why did the same rule not apply for gate positionpick?  Irrelevant in any case I suppose as Harris is guaranteed a nomination so no point worrying unduly.

No need to be confused, they should have given it to Bomber as he has won a GP, and Scott as he came second in a GP, but that would have meant one of Ole Olsens mates not being in next years GP`s.

Ah well-maybe Scott has taught Chris a valuable lesson and he will learn from it-its still a learning curve for him I would have thought and Bomber was never expected to do anything this year in GP's from many quarters-But he went out and proved people wrong at Cardiff.

He went out from what was said to score 5 points a meeting-Would that have got him through to next seasons GP?

Maybe after this it will make him even more determined and maybe just maybe Nicholls has done him a favour if Chris is in next year.

Some learning curve-bring on 2008 and come on Bomber you have done GB proud this year-go for it chap :)

Edited by Nevs

Star Lady

I see the chip on your shoulder is still firmly in place

Last night i saw a terrible racing accident at Kings Lynn...tonight there are people on this thread indicating that Scott Nicholls knocked Chris Harris off on purpose....You should all be ashamed of yourselves....Unlike others i do not have rose tinted glasses and believe Scott should have been excluded but this crap about Harris outdoing him and thats why he stuffed him in the fence.....what twaddle.......worryingly a lot of it comes from the more mature posters...who really should be ashamed of themselves.....As for being a bully.....Idiotic

jaybea

Could not agree more. There has been some utter tripe on this forum regarding Scott Nicholls. One or two numbskulls you would expect it from, but some of the others you would expect a more reasoned approach from.

It has been a tricky year for Scott. He bashed himself up pretty bad in Lonigo, but has battled hard all season and in the end has got the automatic GP spot for next year and furthermore led his club to the EL title for the second time in three years. There is a few top riders out there who would happily swap their seasons for his.

As for the personal attacks, do any of these people actually know the guy? I do not know him, but on the few occasions I have met him he has been nothing but courteous and approachable.

Not much makes me post but I was disgusted with what happened tonight. From what I could see Scott was desperate,took Chris out and got his place. I hope Scott will have the decency now to hold his hands up and say sorry and give Chris his rightful place in next years GP but I doubt it.

But what about Harris' move on Scott prior to that?  very ala Pedersen/Hancock with a gnats whisker to spare between his back wheel and Scott's front wheel.

But guess you will get the Nicholls fans and the Harris fans on here bickering it out!

Didnt knock him off though did he!!! bit of a difference...can see which one of the 2 you prefer

Star Lady

I see the chip on your shoulder is still firmly in place

The matching chip is still on your shoulder too.

Last night i saw a terrible racing accident at Kings Lynn...

Not entirely sure why that is relevant to this thread but regarding the accident you saw, read my post again. I berated the referee because in my opinion his non action last night has given carte blanche to riders in the future to dump others on the track and get away with it. Not something any of us would want and referees should be there to stop it.

tonight there are people on this thread indicating that Scott Nicholls knocked Chris Harris off on purpose....You should all be ashamed of yourselves....

I said he was desperate, as would any rider be. Harris was equally desperate there was a lot at stake. Nowhere did I say what Nicholls did was deliberate but yet again you name me and lump me in with others. I am never ashamed of my honestly held opinions

Unlike others i do not have rose tinted glasses and believe Scott should have been excluded but this crap

That's exactly what I said

about Harris outdoing him and thats why he stuffed him in the fence.....what twaddle.......worryingly a lot of it comes from the more mature posters...who really should be ashamed of themselves.....

Why should anyone be ashamed of holding opinions. Personally I don't agree with the twaddle about Harris outdoing Nicholls as has been posted on here. They finished on equal points therefore they did equally well/badly

As for being a bully.....Idiotic

What else would you call someone who barges someone else out of the way...in any walk of life. You certainly couldn't call him a gentleman. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it as you are to yours. .

jaybea

/quote]

Yet again you come on here and defend Scott Nicholls by attempting to twist what I have said simply because I don't think the sun shines out of Nicholls' rear orifice. Disagree with what I have said by all means, but don't lump me in with others who I don't agree with and have never said the same as them.

Speedway is a tough sport and any rider not prepared to rough it out will normally lose out,Scotty was tough on Bomber but NOT dirty(as some on here will have us believe) and if the Ref was doing his JOB properly,he would of excluded Scotty for unfair riding(not dirty),the man therefore to blame is the Ref.

Guest chris26

yes, scott was perhaps bordering on the line of unacceptable but regardless, they will iron their differences out over time and anyway, Scott is british, along with chris so both will once more be getting my full support next season. B)

makes me laugh how some 'so-called' British supporters appear to always turn on their own national riders when they are involved in an incident of this description. Well, how about those in this mould sod off and support some other country cause British supporters can easily do without you! :rolleyes:

Edited by chris26

They were both racing hard, Scott took Chris early in the race, chris came back and then scott went fast into the corner thinking bomber was going to move onto the middle line. Scott basically made a mistake nothing malicious at all and its the ref's fault as he is there to look at it (or not as per last night) to then make a decision.

The ref let Bomber down and not scotty and Bomber will understand that, i know some people on here think scotty would have knocked bomber off on purpose to make sure he qualified but i afraid your wrong and thankfully Bomber knows that as well and was angry at the ref. There will be no problem when they ride for Coventry this week.

Wolfy!!!!

Scott Nicholls = the poor mans Hans Andersen :P

I agree, the ref let Bomber down, but he will be there next year.

Your telling me that in that situation, any rider wouldn't have gone for that gap? Nicki, Hans etc. Bomber would have done it himself if it was the other way round. The move wasn't malicious in anyway, just hard racing. They are not team mates in the GP so that has nothing to do with it. Well done Scott for qualifying, and now Bomber will get a wild card.

Couldn't have said it better myself Jo. Scotty just rode hard and considering what was up for grabs can you blame him?

Scott was certainly lucky to get away with that but the only one I blame is the ref. Every time he officiates, he makes some weird decisions and yet still gets chosen to do the GP's.

Scott Nicholls = the poor mans Hans Andersen :P

I agree, the ref let Bomber down, but he will be there next year.

Please do not paint Scotty Nicholls with the brush of Hans Andersen, as i said before scotty went for a move with no malicious intent he made a mistake fair and square and the ref was wrong in not dealing with it. You cannot blame scotty for the refs bottle dropping.

Wolfy!!!