British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

Somebody laughingly called Nicholls a poor mans Hans Andersen. That's an insult to Hans who is a brilliant rider , a winner , not a serial complainer and excuse maker.

I totally agree.

I can't comment with any authority on last night's incident as I was engrossed in the egg-chasing, but it does seem that the consensus is that Scott was incredibly lucky that the referee was so inept. :rolleyes:

However Bomber does seem to have gone off the boil at this level post-Cardiff and really should set his sights higher than the infamous "6 points per meeting" if he wants to be considered as a winner rather than an also-ran. IMHO he should never have got into this position in the first place.

Oh, and well done Rune. :approve:

Somebody laughingly called Nicholls a poor mans Hans Andersen. That's an insult to Hans who is a brilliant rider , a winner , not a serial complainer and excuse maker. He just laughed off the failings of the track that almost certainly cost him a place in the final. :o  :lol:

Hans Andersens roll of honour in 2007 includes?! A second place in a GP?

Scott Nicholls has a 2nd place in a GP too, plus his team has won an EL title and is in the final of two more competitions.

Now which one is a winner? As by my reckoning, Hans has won nothing this season. 5th or 8th in the GP series? Who really cares, neither have won it! Not even made the podium, in that respect they're both losers as I can't see Hans being happy with being 5th in the World and bragging about it.

Hans Andersens roll of honour in 2007 includes?!  A second place in a GP?

Scott Nicholls has a 2nd place in a GP too, plus his team has won an EL title and is in the final of two more competitions.

Now which one is a winner?  As by my reckoning, Hans has won nothing this season.  5th or 8th in the GP series?  Who really cares, neither have won it!  Not even made the podium, in that respect they're both losers as I can't see Hans being happy with being 5th in the World and bragging about it.

Well SCB you are wrong Hans A is Team Champion in Sweden for 2007 with Dackarna. Scott's team was knocked out in the semis.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Now which one is a winner?  As by my reckoning, Hans has won nothing this season.  5th or 8th in the GP series?  Who really cares, neither have won it!  Not even made the podium, in that respect they're both losers as I can't see Hans being happy with being 5th in the World and bragging about it.

Of course hes not happy , why would he be. But he has won three Gps and a World Cup . Not to mention National Titles. Well a League title but thats hardly soley down to him. I said not to mention them , lol ,.as the English title laughingly called British isnt worth squat. B) Cant think of anything Nicholls has ever won , well nowt worthwhile any way. B)

Edited by boxer123

S Nicholls..56 GPs..0 wins

H Andersen..42 GPs..3 wins

zzzzzzzzzzz.....

feel free to nod off :P Nicholls started it , lol :D

Edited by boxer123

Good points f-s-p, but it's the British way of life you're trying to change  :P

At the moment 'the public' love Chris and hate Scott...and last night's race was perfect for the moaning majority to scream about.

I'm glad Scott's in, and Rune Holta as well. In the whole series they entertained me a lot more than Chris did. He had one good GP before a brilliant Cardiff and nothing since. He should be much better next year, and hopefully he learnt something in Germany.

Bomber is certain, as is AJ, of a wildcard place. So I'm happy with the result and have no problem with how it came about  :)

You completely messed my chances to stir things up... :lol:

I dont really like Holta, but where did he find that speed... Everytime he got his bike straight it absolutely catapulted.

I dont really like Holta, but where did he find that speed... Everytime he got his bike straight it absolutely catapulted.

Well, Holta has an advantage in that department - he's probably about the lightest guy in the GPs.

I make a wild assumption here and assume the rules of the GP are in written form somewhere and covers the event of a tie at the end of the GP series? Actually, several questions have arisen over this years series and decisions have been made that have caused much debate on this forum.

Question: Anyone have a copy of the rules?

Or are they in Ole Olsen's head?

I don't believe they could have just come up with a run-off.

Well there is some absolute piffle on here....

First of all let me state it was a racing incident, Bomber got knocked and slid off, Scottie was very lucky to get away with it.

However it was not in any way malicous both were racing very hard ie NIcholls took bomber out on the first corner and then Bomber passed Nicholls and made him shut off, they both went onto the corner a bit too hot, I think Bomber tried to shut the door but left a gap which Nicholls tried to go through.

Somebody laughingly stated that Nicholls even looked at Bomber before knocking him off, well of coourse he looked at him after all they were in very close proximity at 60 mph on bikes with no brakes, do you really think he should ride with blnkers on?

It also makes me laugh about how people state nicholls is jealous, really? how do you know that? I see them every week at Brandon and I see no problem between them......

First of all let me state it was a racing incident, Bomber got knocked and slid off, Scottie was very lucky to get away with it.

However it was not in any way malicous both were racing very hard ie NIcholls took bomber out on the first corner and then Bomber passed Nicholls and made him shut off, they both went onto the corner a bit too hot, I think Bomber tried to shut the door but left a gap which Nicholls tried to go through.

Somebody laughingly stated that Nicholls even looked at Bomber before knocking him off, well of coourse he looked at him after all they were in very close proximity at 60 mph on bikes with no brakes, do you really think he should ride with blnkers on?

It also makes me laugh about how people state nicholls is jealous, really? how do you know that? I see them every week at Brandon and I see no problem between them......

The most sensible post on this thread, now i know why you are a Sir.

Bomber will be angry it happened and Scotty will be sad it happened to Bomber but they are both racers and respect each other. As i stated before no malicious intent

Wolfy!!!

It was a cynical move, diving into a gap that wasn't there, deliberately engineered because he was on his way out of next year's GP series, and there was no way that Hans/Nicki was going to........Hang on, wrong rider, it was Scott Nicholls.

It was a typical racing incident, nothing malicious, just both riders going for the same bit of track. If Bomber doesn't get the expected nomination for next year, it will all be the ref's fault because he didn't stop the race and exclude Scott for being the cause of the stoppage.

Except it wasn't the ref who knocked Bomber off of his bike.

Not all of us have been piffle-mongers though eh! Sir J :P