British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

Well I blame Subedei for Scott making such a desperate move. :P He probably reads the forum and couldn't stand the thought of another 12 months of being called a beggar (amongst other things) if he didn't qualify.

Then Middleditch went and had a word with Nicholls and Nicholls got up and walked towards Harris pit bay, when he got there Harris told him to f*** off so Nicholls turned straight back around and went back into his pit bay.

Makes interesting reading. The Coventry fans will insist there is no problem between the 2, possibly because they want the 2 to stay. But others have said the relationship between the 2 has been strained for a while and this could well be the straw that breaks the camels back. Nicholls to head south East?

If this had been between any other rider and Scott then i imagine this thread would be alot less childish. 3 riders in a GP run off !! its not a practice session. Racing is hard at that level, people have said before that scott does not race hard enough to win a GP !!

It was a tough move and i havnt heard any direct quotes from Chris or Scott yet. Directly after the incident i am sure feelings were going to be strong still but i know its not directly the same but have you never fell out with anybody you work with? it doesn`t mean you ask for a transfer does it !!

From what i can make out it is another get on Scott Nicholls back slanging match. He is great when he gets a maximum for GB and you can never fault him for his attitude at club level. Scott is not a dirty rider.

If the boot was on the other foot then Bomber would have done exactly the same as Scotty.

Rubbish, Harris would never do anything like that.

If this had been between any other rider and Scott then i imagine this thread would be alot less childish. 3 riders in a GP run off !! its not a practice session. Racing is hard at that level, people have said before that scott does not race hard enough to win a GP !! 

It was a tough move and i havnt heard any direct quotes from Chris or Scott yet. Directly after the incident i am sure feelings were going to be strong still but i know its not directly the same but have you never fell out with anybody you work with? it doesn`t mean you ask for a transfer does it !!

From what i can make out it is another get on Scott Nicholls back slanging match. He is great when he gets a maximum for GB and you can never fault him for his attitude at club level. Scott is not a dirty rider.

You may be right, but this is hardly a falling out at work of the usual sort. Chris should now be able to relax, having secured his GP place for next year. Instead, he has got to sweat on whether or not he gets in with a nomination. If he does, he will ride with the knowledge that he isn't in the GP's by right - think it doesn't matter? Ask the riders. It's also possible that, should he fail to qualify again he may not get a nominated place because he has already had one. I wonder who he will blame this on, the ref? Well, it wasn't the ref that knocked him off of his bike.

I think one of the points being made is that the refereeing was TERRIBLE! Any other heat that would have been stopped with an exclusion on any other track in the country - doesn't matter who the riders involved were. Its not a dig against Nichols per se, its just that it sends out mixed messages to riders about what is and what is not acceptable (or indeed legal)

Makes interesting reading. The Coventry fans will insist there is no problem between the 2, possibly because they want the 2 to stay. But others have said the relationship between the 2 has been strained for a while and this could well be the straw that breaks the camels back. Nicholls to head south East?

Who are the others? people who watch them every other week on the tv..... Why should Scott be seen on tv jumping for joy when Bomber does well? it is an indidual competition.....

As I said we see them every week and there seems to be no problem, they may or may not get on however as long as they continue to ride together like they have for the last 3 years bees fans will be happy.

Rob are you sure Bomber would not try to pass somebody ? I mean we are talking about the Bomber who left Nicholls no option but to shut off on the straight? Both boys were racing hard....

its fair to say the ref was rubbish, some of the starts were shocking, the track was a disgrace too!

bomber was unlucky in that decision, but what do expect scott to do? play tp the refs whisttle

personally i thought it should been a count back on race wins, but dont think they had enough fingers!

what would they have done if 5 were on the same score?

yes it was a bad refs decision but all riders should be used to that!

Rob are you sure Bomber would not try to pass somebody ? I mean we are talking about the Bomber who left Nicholls no option but to shut off on the straight? Both boys were racing hard....

No we're talking about the Bomber who was no-where near Scott when he passed but Scott lifted :rolleyes:

Scott shut off out of choice to try and get back under Harris, not because Harris forced him to.

Edited by Silver Bee

Well, my first thought on seeing the incident from on the 1st bend was that Scott took Bomber out, and we were shocked that the red lights didn't come on.Bad bad decision (or non decision by the ref)

However, what concerned me more, was the fact that with Bomber still down on the track Nicholls didn't even go check he was OK or did he want a lifty back or anything.

And before any of you ask, yes I do know Nicholls. ;)

And I'm fairly certain he will not be at Ipswich next season, why on earth would Coventry want to get rid of, in all honesty, probably their most successful Captain.

What I would like to add though, is why should it matter what nationality Scott Nicholls is, as regards to people seeing incidents differently. What I felt I saw was Scott, having been 3rd, Holta taking 2nd placed Bomber wide and allowing Scott through briefly to 2nd before Bomber re-passed Scott,...... going into the last lap, Scott then smacking into Bomber causing him to fall. And no exclusion.!! End of.

It was a shocking decision by the referee and a move of utter desperation by Nicholls, team mate or not , he should hang his head in shame that he could do nothing else but just knock his fellow competitor of.

Chris is a sure starter for the GP next year, and the GP series was over many rounds not just Saturday so the finger cant be pointed at Scott for Chris not getting the points to automatically qualify.

Well I blame Subedei for Scott making such a desperate move.  :P  He probably reads the forum and couldn't stand the thought of another 12 months of being called a beggar (amongst other things) if he didn't qualify.

Instead he'll just be known as a cheat... ;)

Was watching with my 11 year old son and we both sat with our jaws hitting the floor when the red lights failed to come on thought that when they didn't the ref would just exclude Nicholls and award Harris second, it was one of the most blatant examples of a rider knocking his opponent off that i have seen in over 40 years of watching. Nicholls was out of order and Harris has every right to be very angry- i certainly would not wish to continue 'working' with someone who had done that to me (but i'd have clocked him one for luck too!!)

It was a shocking decision by the referee and a move of utter desperation by Nicholls, team mate or not , he should hang his head in shame that he could do nothing else but just knock his fellow competitor of.

Totally agree. :D

I can't believe that there are some on here that are trying to defend Scott's action or think that it is justifiable. It was a desperate move by a man trying to qualify but it was crude and unfair. The ref should be taken off the circuit of GP refs for such a blatant miss of the incident.

Most noticable, the number of riders that patted Chris as he walked throught the pits, it showed the other riders had a lot of sympathy for his situation.

It certainly should be Holta and Chris through with Nicholls sweating on a wildcard.

:blink::blink: