British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

It was a shocking decision by the referee and a move of utter desperation by Nicholls, team mate or not , he should hang his head in shame that he could do nothing else but just knock his fellow competitor of.

Nonsense it was hard riding but not utter desperation. Plus we all know Bomber likes to bail out, just ask Hans....

Only joking about the second bit

Plus we all know Bomber likes to bail out, just ask Hans....

I wouldn't joke about that. Glad you said it! :approve:

the GP series was over many rounds not just Saturday so the finger cant be pointed at Scott for Chris not getting the points to automatically qualify.

Does the same not apply to Nicholls then? Surely he had had just as many rounds to get sufficient points to automatically qualify and shouldn't have needed to knock another rider off in a run-off to get the job done.

So yes, the finger can be pointed at Scott for Chris not being an automatic starter in next year's GP. Anything that had happened prior to that run-off is irrelevant to the issue in question - Nicholls' move on Harris that ended up with one of them on the deck.

Nonsense it was hard riding but not utter desperation. Plus we all know Bomber likes to bail out, just ask Hans....

Only joking about the second bit

Of course it was, he took away Harris opportunity to race and turn the bend that isn't hard, its unfair.

I have said before and i will say again the bloke is a moody, bad loser no brain plum. Must admit i cant stand him and he brings nothing to the g.p. Will he be floating around outside the top 8 next year again, YES.

Chris on the other hand is a good racer and a nice chap and i know he will be in next year ;)

Perhaps I saw a different race to others then. It appeared to me to be a mild nudge on the left side in the middle of the bend - many riders do not fall when receiving this type of contact which is very common on the first turn and was completely different to taking out a front/back wheel or t-boning. The real issue for me is why was a run-off held, especially considering the absolutely awful track where 'racing' was non-existent, with gate picks being blind. The WC is decided over many rounds, as well as qualification for next year, so some form of count back would have been the fairest way to do it (or a run-off on all the tracks!!!) ;)

But what form of countback?

Ah yes, the type that favours your particular agenda to have both of your men qualify. The fairest means would surely have been a standard deviation of the results over the course of the year. This would give priority to the rider with the greatest consistency of scores over the GP season.

But what form of countback?

Ah yes, the type that favours your particular agenda to have both of your men qualify. The fairest means would surely have been a standard deviation of the results over the course of the year. This would give priority to the rider with the greatest consistency of scores over the GP season.

No agenda here I'm afraid. I'm not concerned how, as long as it was fair and known to all. Whoever was then included out of the three of them then I couldn't argue with it and neither could they.

Edited by SPEEDY69

No agenda here I'm afraid.  I'm not concerned how, as long as it was fair and known to all.  Whoever was then included out of the three of them then I couldn't argue with it and neither could they.

Then this was "fair and known to all", since it's been in the rule book all season.

Then this was "fair and known to all", since it's been in the rule book all season.

Touche! However I don't think it's fair as it depends which track is the last one on the calendar and also the way the gates were picked seemed made up on the night to me - mind you, I haven't read the rule book!! However, I think all three will be in the GPs next year and deserve to be and so the run-off was a little pointless in that sense. I know many didn't think Holta would get a nomination but I think, as Polish Champion, he should have, were it needed. :)

To be fair to organisers what were they supposed to do but have a run off. What would have happened if the top 3 had all ended up on the same points a run off of course at the final venue

If this had been between any other rider and Scott then i imagine this thread would be alot less childish. 3 riders in a GP run off !! its not a practice session. Racing is hard at that level, people have said before that scott does not race hard enough to win a GP !! 

If it had been any rider other than Scott the Coventry fans would have them hung, drawn and quartered by now! :P:D

I think this thread proves who most Coventry fans would keep if they had to choose between them. It looks like Scott has finally got that legend status he has wanted for so long. :rolleyes:

S Nicholls..56 GPs..0 wins

H Andersen..42 GPs..3 wins

:rolleyes:

I take it you are now not going to call scott the beggar anymore now he has qualified of his own right.

:blink:

If it had been any rider other than Scott the Coventry fans would have them hung, drawn and quartered by now!  :P  :D

I think this thread proves who most Coventry fans would keep if they had to choose between them. It looks like Scott has finally got that legend status he has wanted for so long.  :rolleyes:

But quite a lot of us are greedy & want both,which is likely to be so LW :approve::wink:

If it had been any rider other than Scott the Coventry fans would have them hung, drawn and quartered by now!  :P  :D

I think this thread proves who most Coventry fans would keep if they had to choose between them. It looks like Scott has finally got that legend status he has wanted for so long.  :rolleyes:

Both are Cov legends in my eyes! Scotty made a genuine mistake, the ref should have been the one to make him pay and he did not. Feel for Bomber but i am sure after the anger has gone he will forgive Scott as it was not malicious.

Wolfy!!!