Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

I take it you are now not going to call scott the beggar anymore now he has qualified of his own right.  :blink:

Keep up Steve! He's going to be called "The Cheat" for the next 12 months, before presumably reverting back to "The Beggar" after that. ;)

Both are Cov legends in my eyes! Scotty made a genuine mistake, the ref should have been the one to make him pay and he did not. Feel for Bomber but i am sure after the anger has gone he will forgive Scott as it was not malicious.

Wolfy!!!

Here here Wolfy, IMO there was nothing malicious at all what Scott did. I LOVE both Bomber & Scott, but having seen Bomber ride since he's been at Coventry week in week out, and the numerous times I have seen him squeeze through gaps that weren't physically there and stay on the bike makes me wonder why he didn't when IMO he was only clipped.

Both are Cov legends in my eyes! Scotty made a genuine mistake, the ref should have been the one to make him pay and he did not. Feel for Bomber but i am sure after the anger has gone he will forgive Scott as it was not malicious.

Wolfy!!!

You know something Wolfy i reckon some people on here are trying in there own crazy little minds to create bad feeling in the bees camp.Everyone knows are team spirit is above anyone else's & they like to grab at any little chink in the armour they see.The eyes are green you see.Yes Scott did make an error of judgment,yes the ref should have made a decision other than not making one,but hey the 2 of them will still be buddies for a long time yet.

You know something Wolfy i reckon some people on here are trying in there own crazy little minds to create bad feeling in the bees camp.Everyone knows are team spirit is above anyone else's & they like to grab at any little chink in the armour they see.The eyes are green you see.Yes Scott did make an error of judgment,yes the ref should have made a decision other than not making one,but hey the 2 of them will still be buddies for a long time yet.

Well said, there's a whole lot of jealousy going on here.

Glad Scott qualified as I doubt he would have got a wild card again and him and his pit crew knew this. The whole race had Scott and Bomber trying to pass each other, Scott saw the gap and went for it as any other rider would have done in his situation. The boy can't win if he hadn't have attempted it everyone would have had a go and because he has everyone pounces on him. No wonder he had a go at that bunch of Swindon fans on his way back to the pit after the run off who were shouting abuse!!

And from what I saw there was no bad feeling over any of it, Scott went into Bombers pit to make sure he was ok.

Why are people making more out of this than is needed??? The boys will be fine on Friday at Brandon over it.

Well said, there's a whole lot of jealousy going on here.

Get over yourselves Bees fans! You're starting to sound as paranoid as Man Utd fans over this one. What has jealously (or Coventry for that matter) got to do with it at all? I can only speak for myself, but my view would have been the same whoever Scott and Bomber ride for, and wherever they had happened to finish in the league.

Some very shrewd judges (including Bees fans) have stated that Nicholls should have been excluded on Saturday, giving Bomber the automatic pick. It was inevitable that both would have been in next year's series anyway as the promoters will always try to keep 2 Brits in the 15, and the stats testify that there was nothing between them over the 11 meetings.

I don't think that anyone can begrudge Coventry their success this year, they have been awesome. It would take a bit more than a few critical posts on here to upset morale surely? :rolleyes:

Seb I think what people are reacting to is the fact that some people are stating there is bad feeling between the 2 riders ever since Bomber joined the gp's this season.

And I'm fairly certain he will not be at Ipswich next season, why on earth would Coventry want to get rid of, in all honesty, probably their most successful Captain.

Its not always about what clubs want though is it Badge? Ipswich didn't want to let Scott go to Coventry but he went because he wanted to. Now i'm not saying Scott wants to leave Coventry as i have no idea what his intentions are, but it certainly wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world to see him riding elsewhere and it wouldn't be a great shock to me at least, to see him as Ipswich number 1. He did say a few weeks ago "not likely" about an Ipswich return, but things change.

Get over yourselves Bees fans! You're starting to sound as paranoid as Man Utd fans over this one. What has jealously (or Coventry for that matter) got to do with it at all? I can only speak for myself, but my view would have been the same whoever Scott and Bomber ride for, and wherever they had happened to finish in the league.

Some very shrewd judges (including Bees fans) have stated that Nicholls should have been excluded on Saturday, giving Bomber the automatic pick. It was inevitable that both would have been in next year's series anyway as the promoters will always try to keep 2 Brits in the 15, and the stats testify that there was nothing between them over the 11 meetings.

I don't think that anyone can begrudge Coventry their success this year, they have been awesome. It would take a bit more than a few critical posts on here to upset morale surely?  :rolleyes:

Seb,this hasn't even been aimed at anything you've said(paranoia :blink: ).I think i've also said a decision should have been made to stop the race but had it been i'm not even sure it's Scott that would've been out.As you say it's all irrelevant anyway.Well done with your final comments & we'll be seeing you guys soon. A bit more gumption this time please :P

I can't belive that Scott has just done that to his team mate and compatriate!!!!!!!!!!

it's quite simple, they were both going for it, nicholls knocked him off and should of been excluded, poor referee, it wasn't intentional tho, they will both be back to fire us to the treble, c'mon u bees!

I am a HUGE Scotty fan and although i most def agree he should have been exculded and was shocked but pleased that he wasnt, how can people say it was malicious! He saw a gap he went for it end of. Any other rider would have done the same. True bomber won in Cardiff but what has he done since. Scott may not have won anything but at least his form has been consistent and althoght you should not let your personal life interfere the guy has had other problems this year. People should stop pointing the finger it was a racing incident, spoiled only by a blind referee. am sure Scotty thought he would be excluded too. Bomber will get an automatic pick for next year. Scotty probably not.

If it had been any rider other than Scott the Coventry fans would have them hung, drawn and quartered by now!  :P  :D

I think this thread proves who most Coventry fans would keep if they had to choose between them. It looks like Scott has finally got that legend status he has wanted for so long.  :rolleyes:

Go LW! :D

Here here Wolfy, IMO there was nothing malicious at all what Scott did.  I LOVE both Bomber & Scott, but having seen Bomber ride since he's been at Coventry week in week out, and the numerous times I have seen him squeeze through gaps that weren't physically there and stay on the bike makes me wonder why he didn't when IMO he was only clipped.

I think the important bit is highlighted.....In these cases, he was the one doing the squeezing and it's much easier to stay on a bike when you know what you're about to do.

I think this thread proves who most Coventry fans would keep if they had to choose between them. It looks like Scott has finally got that legend status he has wanted for so long.  :rolleyes:

Too right he has. Skippering us to 2 League titles and a KO Cup in 3 seasons after our barren years!!

It was good to see a referee actually have the balls to make the correct call on Saturday. I get sick and tired of riders who make inside passes getting excluded. Bomber made a complete hash of his entry to the bend and left a gap that Scott could have flown a 737 into. Guess what the tale would be on here if Bomber had done the same to Nicholls? That's right well done Bomber, Nicholls is rubbish and got what he deserved! You anti Nicholls brigade are so boring and predictable!

Still, will look forward to seeing both in the series next year, but if we had to lose one at Coventry, I would favour retaining our inspirational captain who can actually be bothered to raise his hand to the fans after a race!

All in all, a rubbish GP and one that I'm glad I only paid twenty quid to get into. Horrendous organisation and zero security inside, enabling the Poles to completely ruin the event for most others there.