Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

Guess what the tale would be on here if Bomber had done the same to Nicholls?  That's right well done Bomber, Nicholls is rubbish and got what he deserved!  You anti Nicholls brigade are so boring and predictable! .............

All in all, a rubbish GP and one that I'm glad I only paid twenty quid to get into.  Horrendous organisation and zero security inside, enabling the Poles to completely ruin the event for most others there.

I don't think that's a fair comment CB252. Bomber has had his fair share of knockers on here this year as well - admittedly less of them after Cardiff. I personally would have criticised any rider that did what Nicholls did on Saturday. You say the gap was there - in fact I believe you said you could get a 737 in it -if that was the case, how did Nicholls manage to take Bomber off?

I do have to agree with you about the GP though. I'm glad I was sat at home with a cup of tea and friends rather than have gone. But do tell- how did the Poles ruin it? It wasn't clear on the telly - but then it was all so shambolic anyway that doesn't suprise me.

I don't think that's a fair comment CB252.  Bomber has had his fair share of knockers on here this year as well - admittedly less of them after Cardiff.  I personally would have criticised any rider that did what Nicholls did on Saturday.  You say the gap was there - in fact I believe you said you could get a 737 in it -if that was the case, how did Nicholls manage to take Bomber off?

I do have to agree with you about the GP though. I'm glad I was sat at home with a cup of tea and friends rather than have gone.    But do tell- how did the Poles ruin it?  It wasn't clear on the telly - but then it was all so shambolic anyway that doesn't suprise me.

But in instances like that the rider who has made a hash of the bend often contributes to the crash by trying to turn back onto the racing line. Nicholls picked an inside line and I didn't feel particularly deviated from his line around the bend. Different people see it different ways though. I think excluding the rider on the inside is copping out alot of the time, especially if a gap has been left.

The lack of any security inside the stadium enabled to Poles to stand and sit in the stairwells instead of in an actual seat, which obscured the view of many who didn't want to stand up for the entire evening. A complete shambles!

This thread has got so childish and stupid. Why is it that no matter what Scott ever does people will always find a way to turn the screw on him.

If was ever to win a GP i hope people swollow there words but then again on here i would expect it wouldnt be a congratulations but what everybody else did wrong that enabled him to win. He scores a maximum for his country and a few say well done but most say look at the opposition? He will always be in a no win situation for most the people on this forum.It is all to easy to say what he does wrong but to people not seeing him week in and week out they dont understand what he gives. Is it only luck then since he has been at Coventry that we have had the best 3 years in recent memory.

At individual level it is hard to see him winning a world title and deep down he must feel that to, but as Captin of Coventry Bees he has been out of this world nobody can take that away from him.He will go down as one of the all time greats to ride for us and i hope in 20 yrs time people will look back and say i wish we had a scott nicholls type rider in our team.

I hope after he has lifted 3 trophies :lol: for us this season he may get the credit he is due.

If was ever to win a GP i hope people swollow there words but then again on here i would expect it wouldnt be a congratulations but what everybody else did wrong that enabled him to win. He scores a maximum for his country and a few say well done but most say look at the opposition?

Not sure if I could swollow them, but I'd certainly swallow them.

As for the maximum for his country, presumably referring to the Coventry round of the SWC, I was hearty in my praise of the guy (even to the extent that a quote of mine was used in signatures here), but did say that I suspected it would be a different story in Leszno. And it was, with only third places and a second against a higher grade of opposition.

But, after a shaky start, he's done better than I expected in the GPs this season and he's qualified by right for 2008, so fair play to the guy. It's not his fault the referee made a wrong decision.

Edited by Subedei

Too right he has.  Skippering us to 2 League titles and a KO Cup in 3 seasons after our barren years!!

It was good to see a referee actually have the balls to make the correct call on Saturday.  I get sick and tired of riders who make inside passes getting excluded.  Bomber made a complete hash of his entry to the bend and left a gap that Scott could have flown a 737 into.  Guess what the tale would be on here if Bomber had done the same to Nicholls?  That's right well done Bomber, Nicholls is rubbish and got what he deserved!  You anti Nicholls brigade are so boring and predictable!

Still, will look forward to seeing both in the series next year, but if we had to lose one at Coventry, I would favour retaining our inspirational captain who can actually be bothered to raise his hand to the fans after a race!

All in all, a rubbish GP and one that I'm glad I only paid twenty quid to get into.  Horrendous organisation and zero security inside, enabling the Poles to completely ruin the event for most others there.

Spot on CB.

This thread has got so childish and stupid.

:blink::blink: Need i say more !!

Not sure if I could swollow them, but I'd certainly swallow them.

:blink:  :blink:  Need i say more !!

I suppose not, but you do need to learn how to use the quote function.

Edited by Subedei

Is someone going to add it to youtube?

And here it is:

So, an ill-advised attempt to overtake Holta coming out of the 4th bend on lap 1 also plays a role in the downfall of Harris.

Still, the former British champion does, as Kelvin Tatum MBE so eloquently put it, have 'im off.

I have never really liked Scotty Nicholls but because he is British i want him to do well.

Nicholls will never win a gp.

Bomber is better than Nicholls.

Nicholls is a dirty rider.

Bomber should be 8th Nicholls should be out.

Bomber will get a wild card entry that is obvious.

That isn't the point though is it.

Nicholls hit Bomber and bomber fell off.

The referee was searching for his balls and is still searching now.

I suppose not, but you do need to learn how to use the quote function.

I am very sorry that after 8 posts i am still getting used to the forum.

:unsure: Some nice people on these forums isn't there ?? :blink:

And you are a Swindon Fan !!

What difference does it make what team any one supports , Harris wasn't riding for Coventry on Saturday was he ?.

What difference does it make what team any one supports , Harris wasn't riding for Coventry on Saturday was he ?.

Nope, not Coventry or Britain yet the fact they both ride for Cov and Team GB apoparently makes a hard ride a hangable offence :blink:

Nope, not Coventry or Britain yet the fact they both ride for Cov and Team GB apoparently makes a hard ride a hangable offence  :blink:

Not at all I'm sure had Hans done this to Harris it would have had this forum in melt down (although Hans wouldnt have he has the ability to pass cleanly up the inside ), I don't care who rides for who or where they are from, as a man competing against an other it was a shocking piece of riding from Nicholls, he could do nothing else but knock Harris of , how shabby is that on his part.