British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sicknote

Scott Nicholls

I like them both but that's the way Britain needed the result if we wanted to see both of them next season in the GP's.

Nothing to do with it.

Nothing to do with it.

Do you think that Harris couldn't have stayed on in that race?

Managed it there with even more contact than Nicholls gave Harris in Germany.

Clutching at straws now arent you.

Wjm

Tell me what is exactly your thoughts on the race...because mine are that Nicholls tried to go through a gap that was not there....He knocked Harris off ...but was not excluded wrongly by the referee......But i see that sort of thing in every meeting i go to

jaybea

Wjm

Tell me what is exactly your thoughts on the race...because mine are that Nicholls tried to go through a gap that was not there....He knocked Harris off ...but was not excluded wrongly by the referee......But i see that sort of thing in every meeting i go to

jaybea

100 % correct, he tried to carry out a move that he couldn't execute , went for a hole that wasn't there, its a terrible thing to do to have nothing left against you're competitor but to knock them of.

Sorry, but that's clutching at straws - completely different situations.

Wjm

So what do you suggest we do about it....Because in another context had Nicki P not speared Jagus in one of the GP'S there may not have been any need for the run off....So a irrisponsible ride from him cost Jagus his place...what shall we do about that...Its done.....it was a Nicholls mistake.....and maybe next time you meet him why dont you ask him about it and i think you will find he will say he was a lucky boy...

jaybea

Wjm

So what do you suggest we do about it....Because in another context had Nicki P not speared Jagus in one of the GP'S there may not have been any need for the run off....So a irrisponsible ride from him cost Jagus his place...what shall we do about that...Its done.....it was a Nicholls mistake.....and maybe next time you meet him why dont you ask him about it and i think you will find he will say he was a lucky boy...

jaybea

All isolated incidents and hypothetical points being made, I am talking about what did happen.

I am not wanting any thing done with it because nothing can be done with it , just doesn't say much for Nicholls that all he could do was knock his opponent of.

Why would I ask him when I can post and bitch about it on a forum ?. :blink:

Only Harris video I could find where he hasnt won from the back  :P

Well, that was only because the race was stopped - he had, after all, passed Jonsson at the time of the incident. But they happened at different stages of the corner, when Harris was in a more stable situation.

The more times I see the race the more I can't believe people use words like "shocking" ...you can only be joking surely ?!

It was a massive race on a crap track where no-one should expect favours.

I like both riders, all three in fact...but I fail to see how Harris even deserves credit from it. The mistake, if any, was his, in going too fast into the bend to hold the line. Scott was already on that faster inside line, and Bomber got in the way.

100% perfectly correctly decision by the referee.

It was no more than a shoulder barge and if Chris can't hang on to those then he's peaked already ! And I don't believe he has, so he and many of you should really get over it, and quick...

Sorry :)

Yep I saod that myself both went into the bend a bit too hot, Bomber moved off line and tried to hold onto the line Nicholls nudged him, Bomber came off a bit too easy imo.

So Nicholls got it wrong and I think Bomber got it wrong by going down a bit easy.

The more times I see the race the more I can't believe people use words like "shocking"  ...you can only be joking surely ?!

It was a massive race on a crap track where no-one should expect favours.

I like both riders, all three in fact...but I fail to see how Harris even deserves credit from it. The mistake, if any, was his, in going too fast into the bend to hold the line. Scott was already on that faster inside line, and Bomber got in the way.

100% perfectly correctly decision by the referee.

It was no more than a shoulder barge and if Chris can't hang on to those then he's peaked already ! And I don't believe he has, so he and many of you should really get over it, and quick...

Sorry  :)

thanks for putting the record straight Steve, does that mean Scott is a free man now and can travel the country without fear of being shot on sight.

The mistake, if any, was his, in going too fast into the bend to hold the line.

The real mistake was his attempt to overtake Holta on the 3rd-4th turns of the first lap - sometimes you've got to settle for what you have. And Harris had a reasonably secure second - should've concentrated on keeping the former British champion behind him.

But, as it goes, I still think the former British champion got away with it.

If the best you have is 'nicholls is dirty and desperate' I suggest you watch it again.

It's nothing more than a racing incident that unbalances harris, many other riders would have stayed on in the same situation.

Totally agree with the above.

Having watched it a few times now I believe that virtually ever rider in the top

dozen or so would have gone for that gap, it was a good switch but Nicholls didnt quite make it. He should have been excluded, but that is an issue with the referee.

It certainly wasnt close to some of the fencings that we have seen in other races over the last few years.

No need for hysteria!