British Speedway Forum

Sorry if this was mentioned in one of the other threads but not had the time to go through them all.

At the end of last nights broadcast (just watched the end when I got back as the rest was crap) several riders refer to $200,000 next year, what is this for and has it been announced?

Yup - they announced it during the meeting that next years prize for the final GP of the year would be $200, 000

Shame if its going to be at that venue again tho' - not a passing track at all, gating was everything...

I know venues have committments to other sports - but surely there's a case for moving such a big prize round so that every rider gets a chance at a track that suits their riding style?

Wouldn't a big money prize at Cardiff be something?

Think they are doing it at the last one because the championship has been decided before the last round last few years.

I thought there was going to be a super GP series within the GP series? The winner of the temporary GP's will win the $200,000. So it's a 4 round series.

I thought there was going to be a super GP series within the GP series?  The winner of the temporary GP's will win the $200,000.  So it's a 4 round series.

Really? First I've heard of that! Where did you hear about/ read that SCB?

Here

And i heard it from Mr Rising at the after meeting press conference.And then asked another person there,to confirm i heard correctly :rolleyes:

Bloody stupid idea (I would think that though haha) ............ spread it out over the series, up all the riders wages!

Bloody stupid idea (I would think that though haha) ............ spread it out over the series, up all the riders wages!

Absolutely.

They are. ;)

I thought there was going to be a super GP series within the GP series?  The winner of the temporary GP's will win the $200,000.  So it's a 4 round series.

So that's Cardiff, Copenhagen, Gelsenkirchen, and ...

Brighton?

:blink:

:unsure:

Sorry if this was mentioned in one of the other threads but not had the time to go through them all.

At the end of last nights broadcast (just watched the end when I got back as the rest was crap) several riders refer to $200,000 next year, what is this for and has it been announced?

:unsure: I reckon I might be persuaded to go to next years event if they pay me the $200,000. It would take at least that to get me to travel out there again to watch that kind of cr@p racing :angry:

Edited by Beeone