British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Old copies of speedway publications

My father has copies of old Speedway star's, News and stars etc. etc. dating back to the mid-late 60's early 70's. Does anybody know if these would be classed as collectables and if so where we could take them?

If you find out let me know, my little bro inherited all my nans' and mums' Stars from years gone by and has them along with my 80's collection stashed in his loft, so if they are... he will think he has big mice one night when he hears me rattling around in his loft for MY collection lol ;)

I would be interested in buying some/all depending on how much you want and postage costs obviously. However the best way of selling them is on E-bay auction site.

You need to register which is free, and I would suggest you sell them in years or volumes. Put a minimum fee of say £5 a year and see how you get on. Stars often come up on e-bay and sell around that price. Take a batch of 52 to the post office well packaged, and see how much postage would be, and you can add that to the description of your items.

I am not a trader and just collect the Stars I want. Hopefully a trader will see this thread and may offer you better advice.

I only sent one copy last week and it cost 57p, so 52 should come to errr....something like £29 postage. :shock:

Gem

Kinda off topic and not much use to you now but is it not still the case if you send it as a 'newspaper' rather than all wrapped up its cheaper?

I used to get football programmes from my friend down South like that and she would put her letter inside as it was cheaper than sending by normal mail!

Worth looking into for anyone sending one magazine in the future....

Sorry folks-I'll shut up now

Gem

she would put her letter inside as it was cheaper than sending by normal mail!

Typical Scot :roll: :clown

Gem

she would put her letter inside as it was cheaper than sending by normal mail!

Afraid not Kev, my mum used to do the same from Dover to Nottingham!

Gem... Kinda off topic and not much use to you now but is it not still the case if you send it as a 'newspaper' rather than all wrapped up its cheaper?

I'll remember that for the future - thanks Lioness.

It must be correct because I would imagine that's how Penegan would send out copies of the Speedway Star to subscribers, otherwise they would have gone bankrupt by now. :?

Oi Mr Hammond!

I would like to point out it was someone from down south (deepest darkest Birmingham actually) sending to me not the other way round.

So....as usual we have the reputation for something you Sassenachs beat us at hands down! lol :twisted:

Sorry Kev I really shouldn't bite so easily! makes winding me up no fun :P:oops:

Sorry Kev I really shouldn't bite so easily! makes winding me up no fun :P:oops:

No worries Lioness, I'll put your bad temper down to the drink (I know you lot like the odd tipple ;) ) :clown

No worries Lioness, I'll put your bad temper down to the drink (I know you lot like the odd tipple ;) ) :clown

Yeah this diet irn bru can be a bit vicious :clown

I'm tt Kev! :P

Ok, not quite sure how you link old copies of speedway stars etc to irn bru..... but never mind!

It'll take a few weeks to sort through all the old copies etc my father has - they're all hidden in the darkest depths of the attic - don't go there!!!!

I'm tt Kev! :P

no your not , I`m TT :lol: