British Speedway Forum
CRITCH

Defunct Tracks

JUST COME ACCROSS A COPY OF A BOOK CALLED THE POCKET SIZE HISTORY OF DEFUNCT SPEEDWAY TRACKS ISSUE 6

THE CONTACT DETAILS DO NOT WORK

AS ANYBODY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT OTHER TRACKS HAVE BEEN COVERED ,COST AND WHERE I CAN OBTAIN THEM

REAGRDS

CRITCH

The titles in this series still available are:

Doncaster, Paisley, Rochdale, Nelson, Sunderland, Romford, Castleford, Belle Vue II, London White City, Glasgow Hampden Park, Wigan, Bristol Eastville, Fleetwood, Liverpool, West Ham, Crayford, Canterbury, Hackney, Wembley.

They are a range of different prices depending on when published, size etc..

To get details and order please contact Speed-Away promotions, 19, Arundel Road, Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire FY8 1AF. Tel: 01253 733288 or e-mail at: oriolecy@btinternet.com

Also Stoke book available (last 11 copies in stock on offer at £5) and Cradley Heath book due out 8 Dec 07... Leicester Defunct is out March ‘08.

D.

PS can recommend the Crayford one..: as I wrote most of it!!!! ;)

The titles in this series still available are:

Doncaster, Paisley, Rochdale, Nelson, Sunderland, Romford, Castleford, Belle Vue II, London White City, Glasgow Hampden Park, Wigan, Bristol Eastville, Fleetwood, Liverpool, West Ham, Crayford, Canterbury, Hackney, Wembley.

Thanks for that made contact received infomation booklet today,

one day after making contact via second class post

Thanks for that made contact received infomation booklet today,

one day after making contact via second class post

Another triumph for Royal Mail :D

Edited by Shadders

If you are interested in Defunct Tracks, have a look at a new website

www.defunctspeedway.co.uk

Only slightly related.But just came across this guys site.Putting together some info and ariel pics of defunct tracks in Germany.Mainly in the North at the moment.I guess the tracks he remembers visiting.Particularly interesting for me is the track in Hamburg(link no 3).Seems that the coffee firm Tschibo have built on the site.But all the buildings follow the outlines of the track :blink::D

Defunct German tracks

Edited by iris123

Only slightly related.But just came across this guys site.Putting together some info and ariel pics of defunct tracks in Germany.Mainly in the North at the moment.I guess the tracks he remembers visiting.Particularly interesting for me is the track in Hamburg(link no 3).Seems that the coffee firm Tschibo have built on the site.But all the buildings follow the outlines of the track :blink:  :D

Defunct German tracks

Yeah it seems like it does doesn't it :blink:

Yeah it seems like it does doesn't it  :blink:

Hallo Herr Falschkerken Bandito. We are habing very gut translationing servicing sevices from a person zeer close to me if you are habing a problemo vis der mappen mein frienden. :)

Hallo Herr Falschkerken Bandito.  We are habing very gut translationing servicing sevices from a person zeer close to me if you are habing a problemo vis  der mappen mein frienden. :)

Vee haf ways of making you spell mein freund...........................

Vee haf ways of making you spell mein freund...........................

Werry interestung................ ;)

I have just added pictures of New Cross, Harringay, Walthamstow, Berwick (Berrington) to the Defunct Tracks website.

Always looking for more pictures etc for the website

I have just added pictures of New Cross, Harringay, Walthamstow, Berwick (Berrington) to the Defunct Tracks website.

Always looking for more pictures etc for the website

Brilliant site, thanks. I only went to Harringay once, to watch greyhounds, before they bulldozed it and put up a Sainsbury's store.

Brilliant site, thanks. I only went to Harringay once, to watch greyhounds, before they bulldozed it and put up a Sainsbury's store.

Ta for the praise. I hope to make the site really special. Just need a little help from forum members whom have photos etc of "their" now defunct track.

The Walthamstow page has a great picture of the neon lighted sign, must be etched into their fans memories