British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spuds-r-us

Oxford Under 15's Final Round ...

Heard that the final is on friday at oxford. Good Luck too all the lads. Anybody got the full line up ?  :P

So no Peter Oakes at Coventy again!! :rolleyes:

But we will be, although we would love to have been at this last meeting to give Richard Franklin a big cheer!

So no Peter Oakes at Coventy again!! :rolleyes:

But we will be, although we would love to have been at this last meeting to give Richard Franklin a big cheer!

I'll give him a cheer for you Sandie - though I'll be shouting for Oxford's very own Brendan Johnson as well of course!

Edited by Jemma

Heard that the final is on friday at oxford. Good Luck too all the lads. Anybody got the full line up ?  :P

Oxford Speedway proudly presents the final round of the British Under-15 championship at Cowley on Friday night (7.30pm).

Oxford's Brendan Johnson is joint series leader going into the meeting, alongside James Sarjeant. Riders carry forward their best score from the previous two rounds at Weymouth and Northside (Workington), where the winners were Johnson and Sarjeant respectively.

The format of Friday's meeting is 20 heats and a Grand Final, plus 250cc races.

The winner of the Grand Final is the round winner and receives 17 points, the runner-up picks up 15 points, third 14 points and fourth 13 points. The other riders receive 12-11-10-9-8 etc points depending on their position after the 20 qualifying races. Points are added to those carried forward, and the overall top scorer is British Champion.

The sixteen riders, with their current scores, are:

Kye NORTON, 13

Danny STONEMAN, 9

James SARJEANT, 17

John RESCH, 7

Jason GARRITY, 9

Scott MEAKINS, 6

Daniel GREENWOOD, 15

Shane HAZELDEN, 13

Jack HIRST, 12

Brendan JOHNSON, 17

Chris BINT, 5

Cameron HOSKINS, 10

Montana JOWETT, 10

Michael BOVIS, 4

Richard FRANKLIN, 15

Jake KNIGHT, 0

With only two points separating Brendan Johnson, James Sarjeant, Daniel Greenwood and Richard Franklin, the championship is well and truly up for grabs on Friday night.

The competition is currently in its fourth year, and previous winners are Josh Auty (2004 and 2005) and Joe Haines (2006).

All the best

Rob

Guest Steve Dixon

Good luck to all the guys, think the winner will come from one of the top four but would be looking at Kye Norton and Jason Garrity as spoilers, nice to see a female up there too(Monty).

Go for it Frankie ;):D

Oxford Speedway proudly presents the final round of the British Under-15 championship at Cowley on Friday night (7.30pm).

Oxford's Brendan Johnson is joint series leader going into the meeting, alongside James Sarjeant. Riders carry forward their best score from the previous two rounds at Weymouth and Northside (Workington), where the winners were Johnson and Sarjeant respectively.

The format of Friday's meeting is 20 heats and a Grand Final, plus 250cc races.

The winner of the Grand Final is the round winner and receives 17 points, the runner-up picks up 15 points, third 14 points and fourth 13 points. The other riders receive 12-11-10-9-8 etc points depending on their position after the 20 qualifying races. Points are added to those carried forward, and the overall top scorer is British Champion.

The sixteen riders, with their current scores, are:

Kye NORTON, 13

Danny STONEMAN, 9

James SARJEANT, 17

John RESCH, 7

Jason GARRITY, 9

Scott MEAKINS, 6

Daniel GREENWOOD, 15

Shane HAZELDEN, 13

Jack HIRST, 12

Brendan JOHNSON, 17

Chris BINT, 5

Cameron HOSKINS, 10

Montana JOWETT, 10

Michael BOVIS, 4

Richard FRANKLIN, 15

Jake KNIGHT, 0

With only two points separating Brendan Johnson, James Sarjeant, Daniel Greenwood and Richard Franklin, the championship is well and truly up for grabs on Friday night.

The competition is currently in its fourth year, and previous winners are Josh Auty (2004 and 2005) and Joe Haines (2006).

All the best

Rob

Come on James Sargeant, bring us back to the title.

Good luck to all the guys, think the winner will come from one of the top four but would be looking at Kye Norton and Jason Garrity as spoilers, nice to see a female up there too(Monty).

Go for it Frankie  ;)  :D

The three leaders Daniel Greenwood, James Seargent and Richard Franklin were all at Oxford last Friday getting a better feel for the track and Oxford regular Daniel Geenwood was very much the pick of the bunch.

Looking forward to seeing the riders of the future in action

The three leaders Daniel Greenwood, James Seargent and Richard Franklin were all at Oxford last Friday getting a better feel for the track and Oxford regular Daniel Geenwood was very much the pick of the bunch.

Looking forward to seeing the riders of the future in action

Don't write off Sarg, he had never seen Northside and won, very talented youngman and still only 13.

Don't write off Sarg, he had never seen Northside and won, very talented youngman and still only 13.

Wasn't sure I did. Just saying what I saw last week which of course may have little bearing on Friday

Wasn't sure I did. Just saying what I saw last week which of course may have little bearing on Friday

Fair enough, Come on Sarg.

Guest Steve Dixon
Fair enough, Come on Sarg.

I did say i felt the winner would come from the top four, seen a lot of James over the last two seasons and know he is very good for his age.

Nobody was/is writing him off ;)

I did say i felt the winner would come from the top four, seen a lot of James over the last two seasons and know he is very good for his age.

Nobody was/is writing him off  ;)

Okay, just that nobody seems to mention James,keep hearing the name Jason Garrity, I know both boys, both very good riders, but I would give James the edge over Jason 9 times out of ten.

Good luck to Bren. On home turf he has to have a good chance.

We'll be there to cheer him on :approve:

I'll be cheering for the Little Bee. ;) .. GO RF Racing! B)

Regards.