British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spuds-r-us

Oxford Under 15's Final Round ...

Please excuse my ignorance but is this the final standings for the 2007 Championship?  I was told that Dan was announced as the final winner and overall champion on text.  If so how have I got it wrong?  I separated tied riders by their scores in the final but I don't know if that is the correct method.  Can anyone enlighten me?

1. James SARJEANT 17 + 14 = 31

2. Daniel GREENWOOD 15 + 14 = 29

3. Brendan JOHNSON 17 + 12 = 29

4. Kye NORTON 13 + 13 = 26

5. Shane HAZELDEN 13 + 12 = 25

6. Richard FRANKLIN 15 + 10 = 25

7. Danny STONEMAN 9 + 8 = 17

8. Jack HIRST 12 + 4 = 16

9. John RESCH 7 + 8 = 15

10. Scott MEAKINS 6 +  8 = 14

11. Cameron HOSKINS 10 + 3 = 13

12. Montana JOWETT 10 + 2 = 12

13. Chris BINT 5 + 4 = 9

14. Jason GARRITY 9 + 0 = 9

15. Jake KNIGHT 0 + 6 = 6

16. Michael BOVIS 4 + 0 = 4

Whatever the positions I'd like to offer my congratulations to all who made it into the final.  I'm a massive fan of the U-15 Championship and 250cc class (which will hopefully develop) but I was diappointed that there was only three rounds this year.

I think the BSPA should ensure there are ten rounds evenly spread over the season and riders take their best five to the final.

I can't point out where you've gone wrong as I never got to grips with the scoring system! However Rob Peasley has put all the gory details on the Oxford website, so see here: http://www.oxford-speedway.com/index.php?name=News

Please excuse my ignorance but is this the final standings for the 2007 Championship?  I was told that Dan was announced as the final winner and overall champion on text.  If so how have I got it wrong?  I separated tied riders by their scores in the final but I don't know if that is the correct method.  Can anyone enlighten me?

1. James SARJEANT 17 + 14 = 31

2. Daniel GREENWOOD 15 + 14 = 29

3. Brendan JOHNSON 17 + 12 = 29

4. Kye NORTON 13 + 13 = 26

5. Shane HAZELDEN 13 + 12 = 25

6. Richard FRANKLIN 15 + 10 = 25

7. Danny STONEMAN 9 + 8 = 17

8. Jack HIRST 12 + 4 = 16

9. John RESCH 7 + 8 = 15

10. Scott MEAKINS 6 +  8 = 14

11. Cameron HOSKINS 10 + 3 = 13

12. Montana JOWETT 10 + 2 = 12

13. Chris BINT 5 + 4 = 9

14. Jason GARRITY 9 + 0 = 9

15. Jake KNIGHT 0 + 6 = 6

16. Michael BOVIS 4 + 0 = 4

Whatever the positions I'd like to offer my congratulations to all who made it into the final.  I'm a massive fan of the U-15 Championship and 250cc class (which will hopefully develop) but I was diappointed that there was only three rounds this year.

I think the BSPA should ensure there are ten rounds evenly spread over the season and riders take their best five to the final.

Hi Scunny Stag,

It was like the old GP scoring, riders got points on their position, rather than the actual points they scored on the night.

The scorers from the Oxford round were 17-15-14-13 for the four finalists, then the remaining riders got 12-11-10-9 etc depending on their positions from the 20 heats. In case of ties from the 20 heats, riders were awarded the same points, e.g. three riders got 10 points, then the next rider got 7 points, and so on.

Full details of final scores are on the Oxford website.

All the best

Rob

Congratulations to all the riders who took part in the Under 15's meetings

They are the future of the sport and should be commended for their dedication and effort to make it in a difficult dangerous and expensive sport to take part in

I hope they will have more opportunities to ride in an expanded series next year as I - like many others - haven't seen them riding at all this year

They need to ride before a crowd of supporters so that they are not only learning their trade - but can receive the plaudits for their efforts that most speedway supporters feel they deserve - something both sides of the fence have been deprived of this year

Well done James Sarjeant the champion

Most of them will have the chance to shine another year given the opportunity by the powers that be

Good luck to all of them in the future

Mr. Clemens,

Daniel Greenwood is the champion - he defeated James Sarjeant in a run-off for first place.

All the best

Rob

My mistake well done Daniel Greenwood :)

I just wrote another long post and my brain wasn't working good job Daniel's was and yours too of course Rob

That's a phenonema isn't it

It was like the old GP scoring, riders got points on their position, rather than the actual points they scored on the night.

Of course. I should have known considering the method has been the same for the last three years. Thanks Rob and sorry to everyone if I've caused confusion with my list.