British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spuds-r-us

Oxford Under 15's Final Round ...

Bit of a longshot BUT if there's anybody going to Oxford by car / van for this meeting tomorrow who has a spare seat that they could squeeze me into, would be VERY grateful for a lift.

My gammy foot really playing me up!

If you CAN help please Email me at kcv83@dial.pipex.com and, as I said, I will be eternally grateful!!!!

It'll also be interesting to see how former Oxford Academy mascot Chris Bint fares tomorrow night.

He's got quite a lot of experience around Cowley. Good luck to Chris - hopefully a good night will push him up those standings.

All the best

Rob

Good Luck Brendan, and to all the lads and lass hope for a safe and entertaining meeting, would have liked to come to this one. Lets hope there is a few more fixtures for the under 15s next season as although I tend to watch these metings through my fingers its always exciting and they often improve with each heat.

Jules

Guest Quiksilver
Yep good Luck to all the Under 15 lads and lasses especially Brendan of course, let's hope the weather holds for you all as it's not looking to promising.

There is nothing wrong with the weather forcast and my Dad keeps hoping :D:D

Good luck to Chris Bint be interesting to see how he gets on tomorrow after really coming on this year on his 500 :)

Believe or not, it will cost JUST a fiver to watch this meeting tomorrow. Yes, a fiver!!

So come along to Oxford - I've seen a couple of these rounds before, and they are well worth watching.

All the best

Rob

As has been said, it's a great pity that this championship which had multi-rounds in 2004-06 has been so truncated in 2007; having said that and though, of course ,I hope the best rider wins on Friday, I do hope personally that Brendan is the winner as he has always been destined for this title and would IMHO - at this stage - be the most appropriate successor to Josh & Joe.

Let's hope the glitches of this year can be overcome (wasn't it originally said that this year would be a 250cc championship..?? :unsure: ) and that in 2008 it can return to a proper season-long, several venue series...

As has been said, it's a great pity that this championship which had multi-rounds in 2004-06 has been so truncated in 2007; having said that and though, of course ,I hope the best rider wins on Friday, I do hope personally that Brendan is the winner as he has always been destined for this title and would IMHO - at this stage - be the most appropriate successor to Josh & Joe.

Let's hope the glitches of this year can be overcome (wasn't it originally said that this year would be a 250cc championship..?? :unsure: ) and that in 2008 it can return to a proper season-long, several venue series...

What a aggrogant post, maybe the rest of the boys should not bother turning up and just hand the title to young Brendan, because he is destined for the title.

The lads who are top of the table are there on merit.

:lol: Jeez chill out Spin King. I know you're rooting for one of the other lads but Parloes did put 'personally' and 'imho' and 'at this stage' - it's his personal opinion, that's all. 'Personally' I also hope Brendan wins tonight too, but most of all good luck to ALL the competitors tonight, let's hope for another cracking meeting, and may the best man (or girl) win! :D Edited by rabbit

What a aggrogant post, maybe the rest of the boys should not bother turning up and just hand the title to young Brendan, because he is destined for the title.

The lads who are top of the table are there on merit.

Good God..: what on earth is the matter with you..?? :o

How on earth is it "arrogant" for me to want Brendan to win..!!?? :unsure:

The point I was making is that unfortunately the title this year hasn't really been the truer reflection of the best in this current age range because there's only been two rounds so far and a number of the leading protaganists (including Bren of course who didn't ride at Northside) haven't even competed in both of those. :rolleyes:

I've no idea why a championship which was so excellently organised in the previous three years has somewhat disappeared off the radar in 2007..: let's hope it can go back to its former glory in '08.

And as I said in my original posting, may the best rider win..!!

Apologies for been a little bit grumpy, but to be honest I am getting a bit faed up of reading about this rider and that rider when young James, who is still only 13 has a very good chance of claiming the title, but does not seem to be getting the recognition for his efforts.

Updates on this meeting will be available Here