British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spuds-r-us

Oxford Under 15's Final Round ...

All the best Monty, take care. :)

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Jemma

Updater: Amy

Line Up:

(With current series scores to date)

James SARJEANT (17) - 3, 2, 3, 3, 3,

Michael BOVIS (4) - 0

Cameron HOSKINS (10) - 1, 2, 0, 0, 0,

Jack HIRST (12) - 2, 0, 0, 0, 2

John RESCH (7) - 2, 0, 2, 1, 3

Scott MEAKINS (6) - 1, 2, 1, 2, 2,

Montana JOWETT (10) - 0, FX, 1, 0, 1,

Shane HAZELDEN (13) - 3, 2, 2, 3, 2,

Daniel GREENWOOD (15) - 2, 3, 3, 3, 3,

Brendan JOHNSON (17) - 3, 3, 3, 2, 1,

Jason GARRITY (9) - 0

Jake KNIGHT (0) - 1, 1, 1, 2, 1

Richard FRANKLIN (15) - 2, 1, 2, 2, 3,

Chris BINT (5) - 0, 1, 1, 1, 1,

Danny STONEMAN (9) - 1, 3, 3, 1, 0,

Kye NORTON (13) - 3, 3, 2, 3, 2,

Confirmed Championship winner,2nd and 3rd

1st - Daniel Greenwood

2nd - James Sarjeant

3rd - Brendan Johnson

Heat Results

Heat 01: Sarjeant, Hirst, Hoskins 65.18

Sponsored by Music 24/7 at http://www.virtualvibesradio.co.uk/

Heat 02: Hazelden, Resch, Meakins, Jowett 63.85

Sponsored by Steve Dixon http://community.webshots.com/user/steavyd

Heat 03: Johnson, Greenwood, Knight 63.42

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps Brought and Sold

Heat 04: Norton, Franklin, Stoneman, Bint 67.31

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Greenwood, Sarjeant, Franklin, Resch 63.45

Sponsored by Richard and Anne Hollingsworth www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Heat 06: Johnson, Meakins, Bint

Sponsored by Ian (BSF Member)

Heat 07: Stoneman, Hoskins, Jowett (FX)

Sponsored by

Heat 08: Norton, Hazelden, Knight, Hirst 64.12

Sponsored by

Heat 09: Sarjeant, Norton, Meakins 65.60

Sponsored by

Heat 10: Stoneman, Resch, Knight 67.03

Sponsored by KanDysoft Speedway spreadsheets www.kandysoft.com

Heat 11: Greenwood, Hazelden, Bint, Hoskins 63.57

Sponsored by Peter Hopkins www.myspace.com/peterhopkins

Heat 12: Johnson, Franklin, Jowett, Hirst 64.02

Sponsored by

Heat 13: Sarjeant, Knight, Bint, Jowett 64.81

Sponsored by www.rpm.org.uk

Heat 14: Hazelden, Franklin 65.00

Sponsored by www.digitalmint.co.uk

Heat 15: Norton, Johnson, Resch, Hoskins 63.42

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Heat 16: Greenwood, Meakins, Stoneman, Hirst 64.47

Heat 17:Sarjeant, Hazelden, Johnson, Stoneman 64.03

Heat 18: Greenwood, Norton, Jowett, Bovis 66.03

Heat 19: Franklin, Meakins, Knight, Hoskins 65.25

Heat 20: Resch, Hirst, Bint, Garrity 69.37

Grand Final: Greenwood, Sarjeant, Johnson, Norton

Run Off: Greenwood, Sarjeant 64.24

Comments:

Hi everyone, bit nervous because this is my first time updating, so please go easy on me, I apologise for my mistakes now and please feel free to tell me if you spot any!

No Bovis in Heat 1, he hasn't arrived yet!

Apparently no Garrity either

Heat 6: Only three riders

Heat 7: Only three riders again

Heat 14: Only two riders

Interval after heat 16

Run off between Greenwood and Sarjeant

Problems with the air fence before run off

Thanks for your patience guys

Well Done to Daniel Greenwood, and bad luck to Sarj.

Really good meeting with soem find entertainment by all the riders.

Daniel Greenwood was a wrothy winner on the night without doubt, defeating James Serjeant 3 times on the night but all the riders should be proud of their efforts

Really good meeting with soem find entertainment by all the riders.

Daniel Greenwood was a wrothy winner on the night without doubt, defeating James Serjeant 3 times on the night but all the riders should be proud of their efforts

Only 13 years old James Sargeant will be back next year, this was only his 2nd year competing a this level, the lad should be proud with his progress.

Guest Quiksilver

Well done Dan :D and Phil you both deserved victory.

All the best

Chris & Pat Bint

Congratulations to Dan Greenwood.

A thoroughly deserved winner. :D

Apologies for been a little bit grumpy, but to be honest I am getting a bit faed up of reading about this rider and that rider when young James, who is still only 13 has a very good chance of claiming the title, but does not seem to be getting the recognition for his efforts.

Possibly because not that many people knew very much about him! You have to remember that a lot of people posting on here backing other riders are either from that riders club or are sponsors. Hence it seeming that more 'attention' is aimed at them. It's not a slight against anyone else.

Anyway, many congratulations to Dan Greenwood - very professional performance and the best rider on the night. For Spin King ;) , very impressed with James Sargeant - fast, smooth and definitely one to watch. Not necessarily the fastest time wise, but fully deserved his second place. As for Brendan, just not his night, he doesn't need me to make excuses for him, he was gutted afterwards and he'll know where things went wrong, but he's had a hell of a debut season imo.

An entertaining meeting and well done to all the competitors - felt for poor Shane Hazledean who lost out on countback for the final but I'm sure these guys will bounce back.

Do agree with Parsloes that it was a shame more rounds weren't incorporated this year - it did seem a bit of a cobbled together championship - hopefully those in the echelons of power can give it back some prominence again next year.

Edited by rabbit

Well do dan very good performance, all the riders deserve pat on the back as this was a good meeting nice to see 250 there at last.

Full results, including the 250cc races, plus the final championship standings, now posted on the Oxford website.

Well done to Daniel Greenwood, and also to Alan Sarjeant, and commiserations to Brendan Johnson, who nevertheless had had a great season.

All the best

Rob

Thoroughly enjoyed the efforts of ALL riders taking part last night and a particular well done to the top three overall.

Well done as well to Allen Trump for putting the meeting on at Oxford having breathed new life into the club after the truama of what happened earlier in the year. Hopefully there'll e a big crowd at Sandy Lane tomorrow night - and no rain either!

My grateful thanks to the Binties for the use of their comfortable sofa to rest my weary head on following the meeting and for running me home this morn.

I'm still in a state of shock mind you at seeing one of the most dedicated OXFORD fans (or so I thought!) lovingly caressing a SWINDON rider's programme board all evening!

I'm beginning to seriously wonder what this world is coming to! :rolleyes::blink::D

I'm still in a state of shock mind you at seeing one of the most dedicated OXFORD fans (or so I thought!) lovingly caressing a SWINDON rider's programme board all evening!

I'm beginning to seriously wonder what this world is coming to!  :rolleyes:  :blink:  :D

Bryn - you're just sore because Leigh Adams left King's Lynn in order to head Oxford's EL winning side in 2001. :wink:

Can I point out that it is a Leigh Adams programme board where he is proudly displaying a JT Commerical Cheetahs racejacket.

I used the programme board throughout the 2003 season after Leigh had moved onto Poole, but since he signed for Swindon it only comes out on rare ocassions and not for Oxford team meetings :wink:

All the best

Rob

Bryn - you're just sore because Leigh Adams left King's Lynn in order to head Oxford's EL winning side in 2001.

Can I point out that it is a Leigh Adams programme board where he is proudly displaying a JT Commerical Cheetahs racejacket.

I used the programme board throughout the 2003 season after Leigh had moved onto Poole, but since he signed for Swindon it only comes out on rare ocassions and not for Oxford team meetings 

All the best

Rob

You are obviously wracked by guilt Rob which is indeed a hopeful sign! :wink: I say that because I did not actually reveal your identity in my first post and you have chosen to confess! :lol: