British Speedway Forum
superdons

Visited Today

I took my family to Paradise Wildlife Park today and couldn't wait to see the museum. I was not disappointed - the museum is excellent and I would heartily recommend it. Outside the museum is the Coventry starting gate donated by Colin Pratt and also one of the Wimbledon turnstiles, donated by Dingle Brown. The Peter Craven section is particularly moving; one can read copies of telegrams from fellow riders sent to the Empire Pool, Wembley, wishing him good luck at the World Final - and there are also copies of letters booking him to appear at Belle Vue. For bike enthusiasts, there are several machines in beautiful condition and each one tells a story.

I have been taking my children to Paradise Park for years now and it is a fantastic day out, even though it was very cold today! To have the Speedway Museum in a place I would happily visit several times a year, is the icing on the cake. Very well done to everyone who has worked so hard to make it a success.

does anyone know the admission prices for the museum? Their website is under maintenance at the moment. this would be a good family outing this winter.

Opening Times

Date Time

1st March to 31 October 09:30 - 18:00

1st November to 28 February 10:00 - 17:00

Ticket Costs

Adult £12.00

Child (2 - 15 years) £9.00

Senior Citizen £9.00

Guest with disability £6.00

Family of 2 (1 Adult & 1 child) £20.00

Family of 4 (2 Adults & 2 Children) £40.00

Carer for above £6.00

You can't get a ticket just for the Museum; you have to pay the park entrance as above.

Edited by norbold

Opening Times 

Date Time

1st March to 31 October  09:30 - 18:00 

1st November to 28 February  10:00 - 17:00 

Ticket Costs 

Adult  £12.00

Child (2 - 15 years) £9.00

Senior Citizen  £9.00

Guest with disability  £6.00

Family of 2 (1 Adult & 1 child)  £20.00

Family of 4 (2 Adults & 2 Children) £40.00

Carer for above  £6.00

You can't get a ticket just for the Museum; you have to pay the park entrance as above.

Sorry, but no way am I paying 67 quid for my family to get in. Also, I think that anywhere that charges 9 quid for under 5's to get in should seriously review their pricing policy.

Edited by fireblade

Any idea what the price for a child is at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers or Drayton Manor? I've not been to the latter two for a few years now but I know it was quite expensive then. The comparisons may help to put things into perspective. :unsure:

Any idea what the price for a child is at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers or Drayton Manor?  I've not been to the latter two for a few years now but I know it was quite expensive then. The comparisons may help to put things into perspective.  :unsure:

Gemini, you're braver than me, no way I would go on rides. I lose my stomach :shock:

Will definately be going to the museum sometime in the summer, maybe take a picnic to make a day of it.

Any idea what the price for a child is at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers or Drayton Manor?  I've not been to the latter two for a few years now but I know it was quite expensive then. The comparisons may help to put things into perspective.  :unsure:

And is the reason why we have never visited those parks either!

The Museum Committee is considering a way of having a separate ticket just for the museum. The problem is the logistics though because the museum is inside the Park, so once you are in there is no physical way of stopping anyone from going round the rest of the park.

The pricing policy of the Park itself has nothing to do with the Speedway Museum.

Actually not very much for under 5's as they aren't allowed on white knuckle rides.

Ive visited Paradise Park both before and since the museum opened and to be honest the Park is excellent value for money especially for younger children, the museum is a bonus for speedway fans, its not a place to go to for a couple of hours, its perfect for a full day out from the time it opens right up to closing time

Gemini, you're braver than me, no way I would go on rides. I lose my stomach :shock:

You don't think I go on the rides do you? I'm not that daft. :lol: Our visits to Drayton Manor and Alton Towers were just family ones with the grandchildren. I just watch.

I think the last ride I ever went on was years ago and was called Squirrel Nutkins, which consisted of a car going round on rails about 12 feet off the ground. I'm scared of heights and even with my eyes shut I think I screamed all the way round; much to the embarrassment of my grand daughter. :P

Ive visited Paradise Park both before and since the museum opened and to be honest the Park is excellent value for money especially for younger children, the museum is a bonus for speedway fans, its not a place to go to for a couple of hours, its perfect for a full day out from the time it opens right up to closing time

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. Paradise Park is a great day out and compares favourably pricewise with other theme park prices. However, what makes PP a bit different is that so much of their profit is ploughed back into animal welfare and conservation activities. I can't see that it's possible to make the museum a separate entity.

There must be a way somehow,for those only interested in the speedway museum and not the park otherwise.-The museum is the attraction in speedway terms as many fans and their families already have entertainment parks and wildlife centres around the country that they visit already-In this instance for families on this forum the speedway museum is the unique attraction.

If the people that run the place do not realise that they are losing potential customers who wish to visit the museum solely for that purpose surely.

Stick a fence enclosure around the museum,install a drop zone by helicopter from the carpark SAS style or a bungee jump into the landing zone,issue all with Wulfsport jackets,a programme board and an air horn and a steel shoe on arrival in the carpark-(reduction obviously for speedway sunstrips and under 5's) and an ink pad imprint that says "Here for the Speedway" on our foreheads. Im sure if speedway fans are spotted elsewhere within the park the rangers would spot us and kick us out!!!

Shall we say £15 quid a family and then when you leave the museum the kids are so excited at seeing the rest of the park through the fence they badger their parents to go for an upgrade ticket into the actual park for last orders for the last three hours of opening-say a tenner!!!

You know it makes sense ;)

In an ideal world.

No way would we as a family consider visiting it at the all inclusive prices if we were in the area much as we would love to see the museum.

Edited by Nevs

Of course, another way of looking at it is that the Museum is free...if you visit the Park... :rolleyes:

Of course, another way of looking at it is that the Museum is free...if you visit the Park... :rolleyes:

Or of course the park comes free when you visit the museum. ;)