Ticket Costs 

Adult  £12.00

Child (2 - 15 years) £9.00

Senior Citizen  £9.00

Guest with disability  £6.00

Family of 2 (1 Adult & 1 child)  £20.00

Family of 4 (2 Adults & 2 Children) £40.00

Carer for above  £6.00

You can't get a ticket just for the Museum; you have to pay the park entrance as above.

Sorry, but no way am I paying 67 quid for my family to get in.  Also, I think that anywhere that charges 9 quid for under 5's to get in should seriously review their pricing policy.

These are the admission prices for the London Zoo in Regents Park......

Adult £13

Child (3-15) £10

Under 3s FREE

Student/Senior Citizen/Disabled £11.50

Saver ticket: 2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children = £41

For each disabled person, 1 carer can receive free admission.

Adults pay less, but kids pay more, although London Zoo is MUCH larger than Paradise Wildlife Park.

I worked out that admission to each for the four of us would be £31 to Paradise and £31.50 to London Zoo. It seems that Paradise is a little overpriced.

Edited by Shadders

Under 5's should be free. No one should be allowed to charge for under 5's speedway doesn't (Apart fromone trck that did try it on a couple of years ago).

Guest sjl
The Museum Committee is considering a way of having a separate ticket just for the museum. The problem is the logistics though because the museum is inside the Park, so once you are in there is no physical way of stopping anyone from going round the rest of the park.

The pricing policy of the Park itself has nothing to do with the Speedway Museum.

I would be the first in the queue if there was a separate ticket admission to the museum having missed my opportunity for a visit in late September.

Keep us posted on that please norbold.

We had a committee meeting today and I brought up the concerns about separate ticketing. As I suggested the Park would find it difficult to deal with this for the reasons stated, i.e. that once you are in the Park you can go anywhere.

However, there are three initiatives which might help...

1. In a few weeks time, the Speedway Star will be publishing a half price voucher for Park entry. This will be half price to the Park, but as it is being published in the Speedway Star, the Park hope that it is mainly going to be used by speedway enthusiasts wishing to see the Speedway Museum and not by members of the general public generally just to get in to the Park half price (if you see what I mean).

2. The Speedway Museum is holding an "80th Anniversary Barbecue" on April 26th in the Park Grounds which will include a visit to the Museum of course. Anyone can come to this and it will cost £7 or £8 (not sure which), so that will be another way to get to see the Museum for less than the cost of a Park entry ticket (and get a barbecue as well!)

3. Members of the WSRA can get in the Park for nothing by showing their membership card.

Incidentally, I would like to add that the Museum is now looking better than ever. The manager, Elaine, has done a tremendous job on reshaping the exhibition and if you haven't been for some time it is well worth another visit as the display has improved beyond all recognition.

Edited by norbold

Guest sjl

Thanks for the information Norbold -- I will be looking out for the voucher. :approve:

By arrangement, any friends visiting the museum and Paradise Park could always pop into my place for a cuppa! :D

We had a committee meeting today and I brought up the concerns about separate ticketing. As I suggested the Park would find it difficult to deal with this for the reasons stated, i.e. that once you are in the Park you can go anywhere.

However, there are three initiatives which might help...

1. In a few weeks time, the Speedway Star will be publishing a half price voucher for Park entry. This will be half price to the Park, but as it is being published in the Speedway Star, the Park hope that it is mainly going to be used by speedway enthusiasts wishing to see the Speedway Museum and not by members of the general public generally just to get in to the Park half price (if you see what I mean).

2. The Speedway Museum is holding an "80th Anniversary Barbecue" on April 26th in the Park Grounds which will include a visit to the Museum of course. Anyone can come to this and it will cost £7 or £8 (not sure which), so that will be another way to get to see the Museum for less than the cost of a Park entry ticket (and get a barbecue as well!)

3. Members of the WSRA can get in the Park for nothing by showing their membership card.

Incidentally, I would like to add that the Museum is now looking better than ever. The manager, Elaine, has done a tremendous job on reshaping the exhibition and if you haven't been for some time it is well worth another visit as the display has improved beyond all recognition.

Thanks for the update Norbald.

congratulations to you and the committee for coming up with some resolutions that address the on going admission problem.

Question, when I visited in June there was a young lady there as manager with connections with Iwade, I put her name in my notes as Debbie, has there been a change of manager or did I just get the name wrong?

If any Australian input is needed please contact mr.

Tony

Change of manager. It was Debbie from Iwade; it's now Elaine from Broxbourne!

Very nice that they were able to listen to people's concerns Norbold,and try in some way to address them the best way that they could. :)

Visited the museum today with the kids. First thing I noticed was how small it is, but boy..is it packed full of memorabillia or what!!!!

We spent a good 20 minutes wandering round before settling into the small screening booth to watch some vintage 70's racing. Only left because the boy was getting bored and wanted to play in the adjoining ball park.

I'd have gladly spent much longer looking around at the various exhibits and watching more vintage footage.

The only drawback was having to spend £21 and a couple of hours walking the kids around the zoo with it's lifeless collection of animals (the big cats were particularly disappointing) and digest a particularly horrible vegeburger in the tatty diner before we could take in the museum.

On the whole I'd definitely suggest you take a trip one saturday afternoon before popping over to Rye House, but take your own food or wait until you get to Rye House for the fish 'n chips :P

The only drawback was having to spend £21 and a couple of hours walking the kids around the zoo with it's lifeless collection of animals....

Strewth! Is everything dead then? :shock: .. :lol:

That camel that tried to bite me was pretty real!
You must smell of hay

Somewhere down south and not far from Rye House, so that would be in Essex then I think. :unsure:

Or even Hertfordshire now I've checked. http://www.pwpark.com/

No mention of the speedway musem. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini