British Speedway Forum
Trees

Teamgb Team Manager!

Why not consider David Norris for manager of England/Team GB - he has the passion and knows the riders in particular the younger ones coming through. Lets start planning now and let David put that passion back into the sport he loves.

David has stated that he wishes to take a back seat in speedway for a while. I can't remember exactly how he expressed it but I gathered he feared that there would be problems in being the boss over men who were his riding colleagues so very recently.

You'll probably find details of the press release on the Eagles website.

Nothing against Middlo who is a nice guy, and very passionate and does his best, but I do feel that it may be time for a change. It is correct that nobody is going to come in and turn us into a world class team but I did feel that our performance in the final was a let down.

However the personal comments against Neil are wrong, he wears his heart on his sleeve, gives everything to the Pirates and GB and is approachable.

Peter Oakes has done so well with Coventry, his tactics are always spot on and the team always motivated, so in my opinion he is the best man for the job.

Why not consider David Norris for manager of England/Team GB - he has the passion and knows the riders in particular the younger ones coming through. Lets start planning now and let David put that passion back into the sport he loves.

Even if Floppy was avaliable to be put forward for the job, er , no.

Theres an old saying, better the devil you know and all that!.

Neil has passion Neil knows the young riders Neil can motivate

Neil can do the bloody job. Some of the kids are a long way off

full international standard. So eventhough the likes of Eddie Danny King

etc are coming through, anybody would have to work with the same

material for the time being!. Let Floppy consentrate on his fishing,

and working for sky, which he does relatively well.

Ive nothing against the man, but as an England manager, NO!.

Neil has passion Neil knows the young riders Neil can motivate

Neil can do the bloody job.

You forgot "Neil comes cheap".

But where was all this supposed passion in Leszno? Where was all this supposed motivation in Leszno? Need I remind you that Great Britain scored a meagre 15 points at Leszno, is that "doing the bloody job"?

Edited by Subedei

You forgot "Neil comes cheap".

But where was all this supposed passion in Leszno? Where was all this supposed motivation in Leszno? Need I remind you that Great Britain scored a meagre 15 points at Leszno, is that "doing the bloody job"?

The riders need extra motivation when representing their country in a World Cup final? :blink:

What sort of motivation do you mean, what did you see when you were in the pits Subedei?

It's funny that the people on here attacking Middlo have to be there to have an opinion, yet the defenders of him seemingly don't :blink:

Edited by Silver Bee

It's funny that the people on here attacking Middlo have to be there to have an opinion, yet the defenders of him seemingly don't :blink:

I just assumed he was there as he seemed to know what was happening in Leszno and what was said to the riders.

I'm not really defending Middlo but in my opinion if anyone is to blame its the riders and the abuse he gets is uncalled for. I don't mind giving somebody else a chance, Peter Oakes would by my choice

I just assumed he was there as he seemed to know what was happening in Leszno and what was said to the riders.

Here's all you need to know about what was happening in Leszno:

Poland..55

Denmark..52

Australia..29

Great Britain..15

And Middlo's comment on that? "We weren't disgraced." Poland and Denmark scored three times as many points as Great Britain, while Australia just failed to score double the points of Great Britain. Exactly what would have constituted a disgrace in the world of Middlo and his acolytes?

You see, Starman2006, motivational skills not required for the manager of Great Britain.

I said extra motivation, as in more than they already get. (If they get any)

Here's all you need to know about what was happening in Leszno:

Poland..55

Denmark..52

Australia..29

Great Britain..15

And Middlo's comment on that? "We weren't disgraced." Poland and Denmark scored three times as many points as Great Britain, while Australia just failed to score double the points of Great Britain. Exactly what would have constituted a disgrace in the world of Middlo and his acolytes?

Where were Sweden? the team that pipped us by one point robbing us of Gold in 2004? oh yeah they never made the final did they :rolleyes: We may have come fourth but there were others below us, if my kids come fourth in their class out of say 8 I'd still praise them for not coming bottom.

Where were Sweden? the team that pipped us by one point robbing us of Gold in 2004? oh yeah they never made the final did they  :rolleyes:  We may have come fourth but there were others below us, if my kids come fourth in their class out of say 8 I'd still praise them for not coming bottom.

Ah yes, Sweden - alas no longer the force they once were, which is probably why they were sent to Coventry in the SWC, together with a one-man American team and the emerging Russians. An easy route to the final for Middlo's team? You bet your life. Try and remember that the 1-2-3 in the final were all in the Vojens round.

Edited by Subedei

Where were Sweden? the team that pipped us by one point robbing us of Gold in 2004? oh yeah they never made the final did they  :rolleyes:  We may have come fourth but there were others below us, if my kids come fourth in their class out of say 8 I'd still praise them for not coming bottom.

Give over.2004 is long gone.You can't go comparing a national side with your or my kids.If our kids finish last we will still find a way of putting a spin on it.The only way you'd do that with a national side is if your kids or your mates were involved :unsure:B):P