British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marron

Backtrack

I got the Backtrack for the 1st time on Monday by pure accident it must be said . I did the usual routine of going to get the Speedway Star from the Redcar track shop, not stopping to think it wasn't our normal race night :rolleyes: So i swapped the Star for Backtrack (plus a £1 :o ).

I really enjoyed reading it, espescially about Russ Hodgson + Cleveland Park because i had't got the chance to see speedway there when it was still going. Both very interesting articles from Redcars finest - Martin Neal :D

The best bit though was reading Mitch Shirra's article and the antics that riders got up to back then. I haven't seen or heard of most the riders in the whole magazine (apart from the famous ones and old Middlesbrough/Teesside riders) but it didn't stop me enjoying my time spent reading it. The 'Danish Shuffle' was a funny bit, but reading about how they used to try and fix races was an eyeopener. I had assumed that this happened/still happenes (maybe) but was amazed at how open he was about it.

I will definately be buying the magazine again so keep up the good stuff!

Edited by marron

I got thBacktrack for the 1st time on Monday by pure accident it must be said . I did the usual routine of going to get the Speedway Star from the Redcar track shop, not stopping to think it wasn't our normal race night  :rolleyes: So i swapped the Star for Backtrack (plus a £1  :o ).

I really enjoyed reading it, espescially about Russ Hodgson + Cleveland Park because i had't got the chance to see speedway there when it was still going. Both very interesting articles from Redcars finest - Martin Neal  :D

The best bit though was reading Mitch Shirra's article and the antics that riders got up to back then. I haven't seen or heard of most the riders in the whole magazine (apart from the famous ones and old Middlesbrough/Teesside riders) but it didn't stop me enjoying my time spent reading it. The 'Danish Shuffle' was a funny bit, but reading about how they used to try and fix races was an eyeopener. I had assumed that this happened/still happenes (maybe) but was amazed at how open he was about it.

Redcar's finest - I thank you! the cheque's in the post :D

I got thBacktrack for the 1st time on Monday by pure accident it must be said . I did the usual routine of going to get the Speedway Star from the Redcar track shop, not stopping to think it wasn't our normal race night  :rolleyes: So i swapped the Star for Backtrack (plus a £1  :o ).

I really enjoyed reading it, espescially about Russ Hodgson + Cleveland Park because i had't got the chance to see speedway there when it was still going. Both very interesting articles from Redcars finest - Martin Neal  :D

I met Mitch Shirra earlier this year when he rode here in Perth at the Ron Johnson meeting at Pinjar Park. Mitch came across as a real character, full of energy as he had re buit a bike until 3 a.m. the night before the meeting, as his bike was stuck in Adelaide. The bike let him down in the meeting itself and with a reliable machine he would have reached the final! Everyone wanted to talk to him and at 47 yrs old he was at home talking to the juniors and the older fans! A true character, he has been rebuiding caravans in the Sydney area recently!

I met Mitch Shirra earlier this year when he rode here in Perth at the Ron Johnson meeting at Pinjar Park. Mitch came across as a real character, full of energy as he had re buit a bike until 3 a.m. the night before the meeting, as his bike was stuck in Adelaide. The bike let him down in the meeting itself and with a reliable machine he would have reached the final! Everyone wanted to talk to him and at 47 yrs old he was at home talking to the juniors and the older fans! A true character, he has been rebuiding caravans in the Sydney area recently!

Always like the Baby Faced Assasin, he was always a rider that I would have love to seen in Sheffield colours.

I got thBacktrack for the 1st time on Monday ......

Posts Count : 3235 and you have only just got you first copy! :P

Backtrack pay most of the costs for this site!

Get your Subscriptions in ASAP :)