British Speedway Forum

Will it be Werner the Wasp then ? :P

Will it be Werner the Wasp then ?  :P

oh,no doubt Paulco,on a five average he would be ideal as a third heatleader,however we need another 2 heatleaders on a decent average to enable us to do it. :(

more chance of Britney turning up for the Christmas dinner my wife cooked for her :lol:

come to think of it,how would stoney and Britney get on if they were both sectioned in the same hospital? :o

Edited by Dietbowers

Just got in, another great afternoon. Bomber was class again on at times a tricky track. Hope Ashworth and Bridger are both ok.

Not a bad meeting. Harris in a class of his own.

Werner was very impressive and was out to prove a point quite clearly. Not sure what he would be like as a Wasp, rumours were going round that he has been offered a contract.

Two Poles were useless. Cant decide which was worse. Mroz looked alot "larger" than he did last time over, and the other one didnt have a clue how to ride the track. At least Rajkowski knew how to ride the track in last years classic. This Pole had no idea and looked awful. Really hope we touch neither of them for next year.

Nasty crash with Bridger and Ashworth too. Hope both sustained no injuries.

And finally, where was Shadders? The big man was nowhere to be seen and despite walking around the stadium a few times, he was not spotted. And he calls me the keyboard warrior? Ho ho ho.

Very entertaing meeting,a lot of credit must go to the Newport promotion ,Tim Stone and his staff for putting this on . Its begs the question why other clubs dont do it ? There were obviously many Coventry fans there but also a coach of Brummies ( who gave Adam Roynon great support ) and a few Wolves and Cradley ,makes you think if a Midland club did this what sort of interest it would generate . Bomber was a worthy winner but thanks to all the riders who gave 100%

Any news on the two injured lads would be appreciated .

And finally, where was Shadders? The big man was nowhere to be seen and despite walking around the stadium a few times, he was not spotted. And he calls me the keyboard warrior? Ho ho ho.

Walking round the track = standing at he 2nd bend bar Dont think you

moved from there for the whole meeting :rolleyes:

Walking round the track = standing at he 2nd bend bar Dont think you

moved from there for  the whole meeting :rolleyes:

Obviously you werent paying attention Sandie.

Could you please ensure you credit this site if you need to use the updates we provide.

And in Polish

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGODĄ ADMINISTRATORA

Administracja forum informuje, ¿e wszelkie relacje prowadzone z zawodów ¿u¿lowych w Anglii przez serwis Speedway Updates s±

chronione prawami autorskimi. Kopiowanie i wykorzystywanie zawarto¶ci bez zgody administatorów ZABRONIONE. Prosimy o

kontakt pod adresem sue.cuthbert@btopenworld.com.

All updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments underneath.

Texter / Ringer: Iffoid

Updater: Louise

Weather at Newport:- Nice & Sunny

Rider Line up:-

1 Adam Roynon 1, 2. 1, 3, R = 7

2 Ricky Ashworth R, 1, 3, X, W = 4

3 Richie Hawkins 1, 3, 1, 2, 3, 10

4 Paul Fry 3, 0, 0, 3. 2 = 8

5 Brent Werner 2, 1, 2, 3, 3 = 11

6 Leigh Lanham 1, 3, 2, 2, 1 = 9

7 Phil Morris 0, 2, 2, 2, 1 =7

8 Lewis Bridger 3, 3, X, N/R, W = 6

9 Marek Mroz 2, R, 0, 0, 1 = 3

10 Marcin Kozdras R, X, 0, 0, 1 =1

11 Krysztof Stojanowski 2, 2, 1, 1, 2 = 8

12 Chris Harris 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 14

Res:-

Line ups confirmed

Heat Results

Heat 01: Harris, Stojanowski, Roynon, Ashworth ret. 59.65

Sponsored by Music 24/7 at http://www.virtualvibesradio.co.uk/

Heat 02: Rerun - tapes didn't rise properly. 2nd rerun as Morris fell 1st bend all 4 back.

Bridger, Werner, Lanham, Morris 59.20

Sponsored by Steve Dixon http://community.webshots.com/user/steavyd

Heat 03: Fry, Mroz, Hawkins, Kozdras ret. 61.49

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps Brought and Sold

Heat 04: Bridger, Roynon, Werner, Mroz ret. 61.27

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Rerun, Lanham jumped the start first time (and second but) Lanham, Morris, Ashworth, Fry 61.69

Sponsored by Richard and Anne Hollingsworth www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Heat 06: Rerun, Hawkins, Stojanowski 63.04

Sponsored by Ian (BSF Member)

Heat 07: Harris, Werner, Roynon, Fry 60.84

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Ashworth, Lanham, Stojanowski, Mroz 61.10

Sponsored by

Heat 09: Harris, Morris, Hawkins, Kozdras 60.66

Sponsored by

INTERVAL - APPROX 10 MINS

Heat 10: Fry, Morris, Stojanowski, Mroz 61.99

Sponsored by KanDysoft Speedway spreadsheets www.kandysoft.com

Heat 11: Werner, Hawkins 63.20

Sponsored by Peter Hopkins www.myspace.com/peterhopkins

Heat 12: Roynon, Lanham, Morris, Kozdras 61.47

Sponsored by

Heat 13: Harris, Fry, Mroz 60.00

Sponsored by www.rpm.org.uk

Heat 14: Werner, Stojanowski, Kozdras 62.72

Sponsored by www.digitalmint.co.uk

Heat 15: Hawkins, Harris, Lanham, Roynon ret. 60.72

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Final

LINE UP

Werner ®, Lanham (B), Hawkins (G), Harris (Y)

RESULT:

HARRIS, WERNER, LANHAM, HAWKINS 69.34

Comments:

Heat 1 Harris gated last, passed Stojanowski, who was leading, after one lap. Ashworth retired Lap 3

Heat 2 Stunning ride by Bridger. Battle between Morris & Lanham at the back.

Heat 3 Kozdras retired after being passed by Hawkins.

Heat 4 Good battle between Bridger & Roynon, Bridger didn't pull ahead until Bend 3 of Lap 1. Mroz shed a chain Bend 4 Lap 2

Heat 5 Lanham passed the rest on the 1st Bend

Heat 6 Kozdras fell, Bridger spun at the same time. Both excluded - Bridger as he was not under power at the time - lap 2. Kozdras & Bridger were in 3rd & 4th at the time.

Heat 7 Harris from the gate. Battle between Werner & Roynon for second

Heat 8 Rerun Ashworth & Lanham had a coming together. All 4 back. Ashworth flew from the start in the rerun.

Heat 9 Morris gated but Harris passed him coming out of the 2nd Bend. Kozdras finished the race.

Heat 10 From the gate

Heat 11 Ashworth fell, but up and walking. Excluded. 3 riders only in rerun. Bridger & Hawkins were involved in Ashworth fall, Bridger withdrew from rerun. Update on Ashworth, elbow injury & concussion, otherwise okay. Hawkins battled well with Werner

Heat 12, No suprises, Gate 4 again. Morris was in second but bike was dying when Lanham passed him.

Heat 13 Bridger withdrawn from meeting, bruised back and damaged bike. From the gate

Heat 14 From the gate

Heat 15 Harris passed Lanham Lap 2. Roynon retired Lap 2

Thanks to Iffoid for the results and thanks everyone for joining in today.

Hope everyone has a good season, though I would prefer it if Buxton got a bit further up the table this year.

Roll on March - or April in our case

Not a bad meeting. Harris in a class of his own.

Werner was very impressive and was out to prove a point quite clearly. Not sure what

I was in the main stand looking after my wheelchair bound daughter, just like I said I would be. You're memory must be going with all that lager. Anyway, you were spotted by my spies who tell me you hardly moved from your spot!!

You obviously couldn't afford the £1 extra it would have cost to come over our side.

I'll be on the back straight when Rye come to town if you're that desperate to meet me, I'm not bothered either way. I've kept all the PM's you've sent me if you want reminding who's so desperate to meet who.

Please show me a quote where I've called you a keyboard warrior :blink:

Anyway, on to more important things than arguing with a half wit. Apart from the first heat it was a pretty tame affair on a tricky surface. There were one or two hard first turns, but apart from that pretty pedestrian.

Well deserved win by Bomber and a terrific performance from Brent. The two new Poles were pretty dire, Tim Stone will have probably signed em both up by now.

Another good show from most of the 12. Good to feel "the buzz" again.

Hope Lewis & Ricky are ok.

Dietbowers -  I didnt think much of our 4th date!!!  :(

Sandie, you were just a little to keen to get away, if you had hung around for an extra 5 minutes, you could have met Dietbowers.