British Speedway Forum

Or we can just wait for the GP's.

Or go to this rather than Cardiff, with the money going to a british speedway promoter instead of IMG :approve:

Shame the Poole promotion can't get their hands on some tv revenue like them too!

Edited by Trees

I will just go 2 Cardiff the same thing but in a better stadia

Or we can just wait for the GP's.

Unbelievable. We have comment after comment on here about the lack of promotion in this sport; so here's a huge event for a domestic club with a cracking line-up, massive prize money and you get these comments. Speedway fans never fail to astound me. And that's not in a good way. :neutral:

Have to say this has gone a long way to cheering me up after all the cr@p news eminating about next year and the leagues. At least we'll get to see some world class riders at Poole in at least one meeting! :rolleyes:

Edited by rabbit

Hey but rabbit, for once I was enthusiastic!

(Unusually for me) :D

Poole need to get Sky involved. They will love this. £1000 a second and the biggest prize in the history of speedway. They went on all last season about the German GP, well a British club has just gone and trumped that with a super lineup of talent.

Agree that only riders who are going to ride in the UK should get the chance of one of the remaining three berths ( thanks for the correction)

Also think we won't see many crying off before the meeting either.

Imagine a final of Crump, Adams, Andersen and Pedersen. Phew!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Hey but rabbit, for once I was enthusiastic!

(Unusually for me)  :D

:lol: Hope you do make it down for the meeting Sue. Reckon it has the potential to be a great day. :approve:

Demand for tickets is going to be huge. After a winter being starved of racing, and it being on a Sunday, I would guess that fans will travel down for this from all over the country.

By the look of the date this will be the first meeting of the 2008 season anywhere. Coventry fans will want to see Nicholls and Harris, Swindon fans Adams etc, Poole, Crump and Bjarne.

For once, it might be very wise to buy your tickets in advance. Although most speedway fans are used to paying on the gate, travelling down to join a very long queue, and then to discover that the place is full and you can't get in may be very disappointing. Think I am going to play safe on this and give the BIC a call. Better safe than sorry.

You are really bigging this up, Steve. Almost as much as the pre-play off Coventry "challenge" match (oops, flat on face).

Any mates from Coventry tempted or would the rest of the EL prefer not to swell the Poole coffers?

Darrencook, think I have already expressed an interest (along with a few others in a pm to me) and I am not a Poole fan.

Poole need to get Sky involved. They will love this. £1000 a second and the biggest prize in the history of speedway. They went on all last season about the German GP, well a British club has just gone and trumped that with a super lineup of talent.

That maybe the thing that stops Sky showing it, I cant imagine IMG being happy, it also shows that the riders will ride in the ELRC if it is worth the bother.

Why cant the BSPA and the pool of respective talents they have available put up a similar prize?

sounds good 2 me,would be good start of season.

just need my table

You are really bigging this up, Steve.  Almost as much as the pre-play off Coventry "challenge" match (oops, flat on face).

Any mates from Coventry tempted or would the rest of the EL prefer not to swell the Poole coffers?

what is wrong with swelling the coffers of an english club, if other clubs had the same forward thinking then it might help their own finances and we wouldnt get all the drag everyone else down attitude and lowering of limits etc

That maybe the thing that stops Sky showing it, I cant imagine IMG being happy, it also shows that the riders will ride in the ELRC if it is worth the bother.

Why cant the BSPA and the pool of respective talents they have available put up a similar prize?

or get bbc/itv/c4/c5 interested then we might not have to pander to TR and sky if we get someone else interested in showing speedway

Agree that only riders who are going to ride in the UK should get the chance of one of the remaining three berths ( thanks for the correction)

I meant one or two of the riders already signed up ;)

Can't see me coming down to Poole to see this meeting but yeah if it was on SKY it would be a definite watch!!! Come on SKY, cover it for us :approve:

Let's hope the Poole promotion honour the past great riders of Poole Speedway better than IMG (sorry can't let this one go Shaz!) did the VIPs at the 100th GP, when apparently the World Champs assembled were whisked round the track and not even introduced to the fans, unless u noticed who it was on the screen you wouldn't have known who was there! I'm open to be corrected but that's what my mate told me!

Demand for tickets is going to be huge. After a winter being starved of racing, and it being on a Sunday, I would guess that fans will travel down for this from all over the country.
Watch you don't hyperventilate steve.