British Speedway Forum

It'll make the ELRC look like small fry. The trouble is only Poole could really put on such a meeting. And I don't mean that being detrimental to any other club, but M&M are capable of raising large amounts of sponsorship and this proves it.

Interestingly, I remember Matt making a comment about something special a couple of years ago, but then it went silent. Perhaps Matt and Mike decided to hold the meeting back until the Jubilee season.

Nicki Pedersen

Jason Crump

Leigh Adams

Hans Andersen

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Bjarne Pedersen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

Davey Watt

Karol Zabik

Leaving two places left. Holder? Gollob? Holta? Lindgren?

Even Gollob would come over for that. This is possibly a better lineup that the GP at Cardiff. The prize money certainly dwarves that. Could well be a lot of pre season practice going on next year!

Isn't it three places left? :blink: 16 rider line-up; 13 named as above.

You are really bigging this up, Steve.  Almost as much as the pre-play off Coventry "challenge" match (oops, flat on face).

Any mates from Coventry tempted or would the rest of the EL prefer not to swell the Poole coffers?

Perhaps I am bigging it up and I don't need to. Its the biggest prize money in an individual meeting ever in speedway. Can't say more than that!

Unbelievable. We have comment after comment on here about the lack of promotion in this sport; so here's a huge event for a domestic club with a cracking line-up, massive prize money and you get these comments. Speedway fans never fail to astound me. And that's not in a good way.  :neutral:

Have to say this has gone a long way to cheering me up after all the cr@p news eminating about next year and the leagues. At least we'll get to see some world class riders at Poole in at least one meeting!  :rolleyes:

Rabbit, I couldn't agree more! It's a better line-up than for the ELRC, shouldn't be, but it is!!

All we have to hope for now is good DRY weather.......please....to Him above!!? :rolleyes:

or get bbc/itv/c4/c5 interested then we might not have to pander to TR and sky if we get someone else interested in showing speedway

nah, too sensible!

To get speedway back on terrrestrial would be a huge shot in the arm!

Fair play to the Poole promotion, nobody can fault this TBH. You might want to calm down a bit though Steve.

If Poole Speedway can do it, the BSPA should get off their backside and help get this kind of cash for the ELRC, if that gets bigger, maybe it can drag the rest of British Speedway along.

Should be a great meeting .

Well done to M&M for adding interest to the start of the 2008 season .

After all the gloom and doom lately , just shows what can be done with a bit of forward thinking.

Great publicity for the sport, with all riders wanting to be part of it .

Roll on March 9th.......... Just cant wait .

In fact that 3 course dinner with free program for £45 is a bit of a bargain. Only an extra £15 for the meal and good views of the track INSIDE.

Now being a bit of a traditionalist I like the noise and small of speedway, but on a cold early March Sunday, that might be a super place to watch and is a bargain.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

In fact that 3 course dinner with free program for £45 is a bit of a bargain. Only an extra £15 for the meal and good views of the track INSIDE.

Now being a bit of a traditionalist I like the noise and small of speedway, but on a cold early March Sunday, that might be a super place to watch and is a bargain.

Maybe an idea for the promotion to see if some kindly businessman would be willing to cough over the readies for this as a prize in a raffle competition, or even as a prize in a local paper competition.

Would agree, far rather watch the racing at Poole from the grandstand, but if it was a very cold March day the meal and view from inside sounds tempting.

At least someone is trying to put on a show......

Positive - Great news not just for the fans but for the promotion and for british speedway hosting a huge event where not only do you get to watch the riders but meet them to and which we will once be the envy of all clubs and make Poole the Big Apple of speedway again. :wink:

Negative - Why has Gollob said no again and surely he must have been asked?

I wonder how many of these riders will actually turn up on the day but on the plus note it is the start of the season so it would seem likely most but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 were a no show.

This really does put the ELRC in the shade. :unsure:

Negative - Why has Gollob said no again and surely he must have been asked?

I guess maybe Gollob, if he has been asked, knows he's unlikely to collect the £60,000 and the basic offer isn't enough.

Edited by Subedei

At least someone is trying to put on a show......

Too right! But then they must have put a load of work into organising this line up and that money.

Of course, its so much more easy to sit around and whinge about how tough it is, isn't it. :rolleyes:

It'll make the ELRC look like small fry. The trouble is only Poole could really put on such a meeting. And I don't mean that being detrimental to any other club, but M&M are capable of raising large amounts of sponsorship and this proves it.

Interestingly, I remember Matt making a comment about something special a couple of years ago, but then it went silent. Perhaps Matt and Mike decided to hold the meeting back until the Jubilee season.

Nicki Pedersen

Jason Crump

Leigh Adams

Hans Andersen

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Bjarne Pedersen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

Davey Watt

Karol Zabik

Leaving two places left. Holder? Gollob? Holta? Lindgren?

Even Gollob would come over for that. This is possibly a better lineup that the GP at Cardiff. The prize money certainly dwarves that. Could well be a lot of pre season practice going on next year!

Then lets give Poole the ELRC too

Edited by SteveEvans