British Speedway Forum

Starting to sound desperate from Matt Ford & Shovlar................drafting in Crump to big it up ...................... looks like a financial disaster....................next week: Crump v Bjarne over 15 rounds, you really must see it!

Sounds like the old pill has been too tough to swallow or maybe its got stuck in your throat along with that bitter little grape.

Starting to sound desperate from Matt Ford & Shovlar................drafting in Crump to big it up ...................... looks like a financial disaster....................next week: Crump v Bjarne over 15 rounds, you really must see it!

Pillock !! :rolleyes::unsure:

Shame idiots like you have to come on here and slag off this meeting. The general consensus of opinion is that this is a cracking way to start the season FOR ALL SPEEDWAY FANS, not just those from Poole.

I am sure you are hoping and praying that this event will flop big time, for some unfathomable reason unknown to all but yourself and a couple of others.

If you don't like the event, don't come! There will be thousands of others all over the country looking forward to starting their speedway season by attending this, and you are looking stupid by trying to dis a meeting which likely going to be a classic "I was there" event.

Still, whatever floats your boat.

Its just Jealousy Steve, because other clubs can't hold a simular meeting!.

M&M&M have always been a go ahead promotion, and this is another

example of bringing a big meeting to Poole!!. :angry:

Not sour grapes at all .

Look at what has happened to the English football and all the money thrown away on foreign players and nothing on the English players of tomorrow.

Its exactly the same with English  speedway, obscene money thrown at the top dozen riders and nothing for grassroots speedway .

We then have Matt Ford getting riders from abroad moaning there is no up and coming English riders.

That is the point I was trying to make but then again I was replying to a Poole poster :rolleyes:

:blink: I have some sympathy with your view Eastie. There would appear to be (especially after the recent performances on the football field) some rather starkly obvious similarities between that which is supposed to represent English Football and that which is supposed to be representative of British Speedway. The fact that we are for the most part, all members of the EU, does not oblige us to select and engage foreign riders / players in preference to nurturing quality home-grown talent. I have been making these comparisons for several years now. Wouldn't it be ironic if it were to be the demise of English Football that turned out to be the catalyst for injecting a good dose of "wake up and do something about it" into the veins of those supposedly in charge of British Speedway.

The FA will be conducting a thorough root and branch investigation into the problems with English Football. Year on year, the BSPA conduct blindfolded tinkering with British Speedway. It's a bit like putting Count Dracula in charge of running the nation's blood-transfusion supply depot.

That having been said, if there is anything that is particularly good in relation to the proposed Poole meeting, it is the fact that the Promoters are seen to be actually PROMOTING. Perhaps other so-called promoters could be encouraged to follow their example, because I have seen precious little of it over the last 20 years or so. Maybe, just maybe, they could then generate sufficient extra monies for the purpose of injecting into a serious development programme to establish and maintain a steady stream of up and coming genuine British speedway talent.

It is my view that no British speedway team, and for what it is worth, no British Football team (and I'm no lover or supporter of football) should have more than three foreigners within their respective teams. If that means re-vamping the whole league structure in order to accommodate all of those foreign riders that fans would like to see in some form or another riding in the UK, then so be it.

Oh! and for anyone who is remotely interested, I intend to be at this very interesting meeting at Poole in March.

some rather starkly obvious similarities between that which is supposed to represent English Football and that which is supposed to be representative of British Speedway.

unless you question the manager of the speedway :rolleyes:

Shame idiots like you have to come on here and slag off this meeting. The general consensus of opinion is that this is a cracking way to start the season FOR ALL SPEEDWAY FANS, not just those from Poole.

I am sure you are hoping and praying that this event will flop big time, for some unfathomable reason unknown to all but yourself and a couple of others.

If you don't like the event, don't come! There will be thousands of others all over the country looking forward to starting their speedway season by attending this, and you are looking stupid by trying to dis a meeting which likely going to be a classic "I was there" event.

Still, whatever floats your boat.

Still the footy season in March and they still play in the rain :lol:

Edited by Eastie

:blink: I have some sympathy with your view Eastie. There would appear to be (especially after the recent performances on the football field) some rather starkly obvious similarities between that which is supposed to represent English Football and that which is supposed to be representative of British Speedway. The fact that we are for the most part, all members of the EU, does not oblige us to select and engage foreign riders / players in preference to nurturing quality home-grown talent. I have been making these comparisons for several years now. Wouldn't it be ironic if it were to be the demise of English Football that turned out to be the catalyst for injecting a good dose of "wake up and do something about it" into the veins of those supposedly in charge of British Speedway.

The FA will be conducting a thorough root and branch investigation into the problems with English Football. Year on year, the BSPA conduct blindfolded tinkering with British Speedway. It's a bit like putting Count Dracula in charge of running the nation's blood-transfusion supply depot.

That having been said, if there is anything that is particularly good in relation to the proposed Poole meeting, it is the fact that the Promoters are seen to be actually PROMOTING. Perhaps other so-called promoters could be encouraged to follow their example, because I have seen precious little of it over the last 20 years or so. Maybe, just maybe, they could then generate sufficient extra monies for the purpose of injecting into a serious development programme to establish and maintain a steady stream of up and coming genuine British speedway talent.

It is my view that no British speedway team, and for what it is worth, no British Football team (and I'm no lover or supporter of football) should have more than three foreigners within their respective teams. If that means re-vamping the whole league structure in order to accommodate all of those foreign riders that fans would like to see in some form or another riding in the UK, then so be it.

Oh! and for anyone who is remotely interested, I intend to be at this very interesting meeting at Poole in March.

At least you see my point of view Cheetahjake and not the sour grapes blinkered brainwashed Poole version

Er?

I think you must have been deep in hibernation.

Without question, this will be probably the biggest meeting in Britain (apart from the British GP at Cardiff) in 2008.

Do you honestly think Matt Ford would want Jason Crump to build it up?

Get real. The fact is Jason Crump WANTS to win £60,000 and is honest enough to admit it.

That's the magic of this meeting. That's why I'll be travelling all the way from Yorkshire to go and watch.

For once it will be an individual meeting where ALL the riders will be going for it.

There will be no pulling out at the last moment, with "illness" or a "dodgy bike" because that £60,000 prize will be like pound signs in their eyes.

I'll only travel that sort of distance if I think it's worth it. Without doubt, this is going to be an incredible spectacle and I'll have no qualms making the journey.

I actually think admission is quite reasonable in the circumstances.

To suggest Matt Ford is trying to get riders to big it up is pathetic.

The meeting promotes itself. The riders want to win it.

The place will be packed.

Go back and hide under your stone.

Why would it be pathetic to get riders to talk up the meeting anyway? Surely it's all a part of promoting it.

If they did get Crump to help talk it up, then good for them. Why try and play it down?

Do you honestly think Matt Ford would want Jason Crump to build it up?

Get real. The fact is Jason Crump WANTS to win £60,000 and is honest enough to admit it.

And who can blame him, it's A LOT of dosh!

Why would it be pathetic to get riders to talk up the meeting anyway? Surely it's all a part of promoting it.

If they did get Crump to help talk it up, then good for them. Why try and play it down?

Because if you read DC's posting he suggests that Matt Ford is struggling to get any interest in this meeting and so gets on the phone to Jason Crump and pleads with him to speak to the paper and make a story about how big it is going to be.

Total nonsense. I'm all for promoting. There's not nearly enough of it these days, but this meeting sells itself.

Poole do it again!

I will just go 2 Cardiff the same thing but in a better stadia

Or we can just wait for the GP's.

Unbelievable. We have comment after comment on here about the lack of promotion in this sport; so here's a huge event for a domestic club with a cracking line-up, massive prize money and you get these comments. Speedway fans never fail to astound me. And that's not in a good way.  :neutral:

Have to say this has gone a long way to cheering me up after all the cr@p news eminating about next year and the leagues. At least we'll get to see some world class riders at Poole in at least one meeting!  :rolleyes:

On a negative,it could have something to do with SS,and his Poole coloured spectacles.

On the possative,well done Poole promotion for stageging what could be the best nights speedway for many a year.

On another negative,dicky time of the year to book and pay £45 plus travel, accomadation ect,for a meeting that has a better than good chance of being cancelled due to the weather.

If the meeting is called off on the Sunday, it will be raced on the Monday.

I thought only Poole could do it, it is only for them & it will swell their coffers by £100k?

Donate the profit to the Benevolent fund or divide it among the clubs & its got my support.

Strange message: low points limit because of expensive riders; here's £60k!

I thought only Poole could do it, it is only for them & it will swell their coffers by £100k?

Donate the profit to the Benevolent fund or divide it among the clubs & its got my support.

Strange message: low points limit because of expensive riders; here's £60k!

'Oh Darren Cook's A Pirate

He's Borrowed Shovvy's Specs

He Talks About Them Day & Night

What Really Did You Expect'

Are you an agrophobic and don't go out or do you just like to rant about Poole day in day out :rolleyes: