Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

And what's your point exactly???

I thought only Poole could do it, it is only for them & it will swell their coffers by £100k?

Donate the profit to the Benevolent fund or divide it among the clubs & its got my support.

Strange message: low points limit because of expensive riders; here's £60k!

That.

Yes that is all well and good but it is the gamble of the Poole promotion to put up the £60,000 prize money so they should reap the reward if the BSPA were to put up such a prize and then after recooperating all outlay donated the profit to the SRBF I am sure it would sell out and be a good meeting but if this meeting does not make money it will be covered by M and M own money.

Poole speedway is not a charity, it is a business. Why on earth would you put on a meeting of this maginitude, then give away any profits it "might" make?

Would you go to work, then give your wages to a charity? Of course not. So why Should Matt and Mike do the same? What you are saying makes no logical sense at all.

A crowd of 5000 will produce a gate recipt of roughly £150,000. Take out stadium rent and programs. Then 60,000 prize money plus rider expenses. So they should make a profit of roughly 70,000. Get a 7,000 crowd and a profit of £130,000.

A break even crowd is possibly 2500. They would get that no matter what.

So why should they give that money away? Its their business and if it wa mine I certainly wouldn't.

Poole speedway is not a charity, it is a business. Why on earth would you put on a meeting of this maginitude, then give away any profits it "might" make?

Would you go to work, then give your wages to a charity? Of course not. So why Should Matt and Mike do the same? What you are saying makes no logical sense at all.

A crowd of 5000 will produce a gate recipt of roughly £150,000. Take out stadium rent and programs. Then 60,000 prize money plus rider expenses. So they should make a profit of roughly 70,000. Get a 7,000 crowd and a profit of £130,000.

So why should they give that money away? Its their business and if it wa mine I certainly wouldn't.

Spot on. If most elite clubs put on a meeting like this it would be the poorest 60 secs in speedway looking at there crowds. :lol:

I know that the restaging day is 24 hours later, but you would need to contact the stadium and ask if it was apparent you wouldn't be able to make it.

Perhaps they might offer to allow the use of ther ticket for a league meeting when your team comes down later in t the year. Just a thought, although you would still be out of pocket by a tenner on entrance fee.

its a bit weird having the rerun on a monday alot of kids will be a school!

its a bit weird having the rerun on a monday alot of kids will be a school!

Wouldnt it be an evening meeting :unsure:

Nor would i!. I applaud M&M&M for having the forsight, for the want of a better word in promoting a meeting of this magnatude!. Assuming the weather is good

and it will be well publicised, then i see no reason why we shouldn't get the

7,000 that is expected!. The question needs to be asked though, will the

tempary Grandstands be back in use?. That would be a very good idea, costs

permiting of course!!.

Edited by Starman2006

So I was right: Poole triumphalism!

Sucking money from other EL fans for their own benefit :)

Edited by DarrenCook

Do us all a favour and go and invade another sports forum - but preferably not speedway.

I'm sure I have seen you on television before. It's called interference...

What a sad post. :(