British Speedway Forum

From the Poole website

There will be 20 heats with the top 4 going into the final. The first heat will include Holder, Adams, Harris and KK.

1. Chris Holder (Poole), 2. Chris Harris (Coventry), 3. Leigh Adams (Swindon) 4. Krzysztof Kasprzak (Unattached), 5. Karol Zabik (Poole), 6. Jarek Hampel (Ipswich), 7. Scott Nicholls (Eastbourne), 8. Jason Crump (Belle Vue), 9. Hans Andersen (Peterborough), 10. Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), 11. Greg Hancock (Unattached), 12. Davey Watt (Poole), 13. Nicki Pedersen (Unattached), 14. Emil Saifutdinov (Unattached), 15. Bjarne Pedersen (Poole), 16. Andreas Jonsson (Lakeside). Reserves Zibigniew 'Zibi' Suchecki and Adam Skornicki (both Poole).

Under 5s are free unless you want a seat for them in the grandstand. If thet sit on your lap its just the adult that pays. Hope that helps. Hells

Cheers Hells, a modicum of sense somewhere then.

Maybe someone should inform the telephonists at BIC

From the Poole website

There will be 20 heats with the top 4 going into the final. The first heat will include Holder, Adams, Harris and KK.

1. Chris Holder (Poole), 2. Chris Harris (Coventry), 3. Leigh Adams (Swindon) 4. Krzysztof Kasprzak (Unattached), 5. Karol Zabik (Poole), 6. Jarek Hampel (Ipswich), 7. Scott Nicholls (Eastbourne), 8. Jason Crump (Belle Vue), 9. Hans Andersen (Peterborough), 10. Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), 11. Greg Hancock (Unattached), 12. Davey Watt (Poole), 13. Nicki Pedersen (Unattached), 14. Emil Saifutdinov (Unattached), 15. Bjarne Pedersen (Poole), 16. Andreas Jonsson (Lakeside). Reserves Zibigniew 'Zibi' Suchecki and Adam Skornicki (both Poole).

Look forward to Suchecki in for Saijfutdinov and Skornicki for Hancock on the day then

I am the only one concerned that this meeting with such a big prize at stake is too early in the season? Most teams have challenge matches first to blow away the winter cobwebs before the competitive stuff starts. These top boys will come in to this meeting having had little or no match practise since the end of last year and with such a huge sum of money going to the winner, there is always the danger that some may try a little too hard. We've already heard from such an experienced rider as Lee Richardson say that his practise last weekend started off very "wobbly". I've a feeling there will be an awful lot of nervous fans up and down the country on the 9th of March praying that their hopes for the new season are not blown away before the season has even started!

Edited by TrackStaff

Last year,Jason Crump said he had worn out 9 motors in pre-season practice.I know thats not the same as match practice,but I believe each and every one of them will be training in earnest right now.I would have thought that getting their starts right would be their highest priority,therefore not having to get involved in any dodgy moves.

We will see.Bring it on! :approve:

Proud Sponsor of future Poole Star,Brendan Johnson.

Bobc how old is Brendan now? Edited by shazzybird

Agree all the riders involved will be in the thick of pre season training. Niki Pedersen said he is coming over to the UK early to get plenty of practice in before the meeting. And he won't be the only one.

This is a great way to start the season. Just wish there was a meeting of this magnitude every year to start the season with a big bang.

Perhaps every EL club could organise an event like this, so that next year its Ipswich, the following year Swindon, then Coventry, Peterborrough etc etc... with the prize increasing year upon year to the magic £100,000 winner takes all.

Niki Pedersen said he is coming over to the UK early to get plenty of practice in before the meeting

I thought he lived here anyways?

A big yearly meeting sounds a good idea if the promotions can fund them and the punters are going to support them. If I was a promoter I would only include riders who are putting themselves out to race in our league in the line ups too.

Edited by Trees

So it's like a practise meeting with the lure of prize money at the end of it to attract the big guns, so like an ELRC only at the start of the season?

Could work if other promotions wanted to be involved.

Ok, because of health problems I'm not sure if I can get to this until the day before, what are my chances of getting a ticket

on the day? :unsure:

Edited by DragonsDen

Ok, because of health problems I'm not sure if I can get to this until the day before, what are my chances of getting a ticket

on the day? :unsure:

Be suprised if you can't get a standing ticket on the day IF YOU GET THERE EARLY. Looks like the grandstand is going to be sold out though. Not much left in there now. Matt Ford has warned Poole fans to buy in advance to guarentee getting in. If they want to take a risk of turning up on the day that's their choice. However, no free program if they do that.

Todays Echo.

Darren's money on Bjarne and Crump

By Phil Chard

FORMER England star Darren Anderton will be putting his money on Bjarne Pedersen or Jason Crump to pocket the £60,000 first prize in Pirates' Diamond Jubilee meeting.

The Cherries midfielder made the draw for rider positions during a ceremony at the Inn in the Park in Branksome yesterday.

Then Anderton revealed Jem Racing would be accepting bets on the event, probably on the overall meeting winner rather than just race winners.

Castle Cover Pirates rider Pedersen came out of the draw at number 15, while Crump, who moved from Poole to Belle Vue over the winter, was number eight.

Anderton said: "I haven't really got a favourite rider but I met Crumpie and Bjarne last season and they were nice guys.

"So from my point of view it would be great if one of them was to win the £60,000.

"I know there are a lot of other riders who can triumph on the day, people like Nicki Pedersen, Leigh Adams and Hans Andersen.

"It would also be good if Brits Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls could make an impact, although in truth most of the boys in the field could win it.

"There is a lot at stake and whatever happens it will be an exciting event. I'm sure Poole Stadium will be packed out on March 9."

Anderton added: "I've been to Poole speedway four or five times and it's a good night out.

"My mum and step dad also got right into it and were going almost every week before they moved to Spain.

"I enjoy watching speedway and got into it through being friends with Poole promoter Matt Ford.

"It's great having top-class sport on Poole's doorstep and I always like watching other sports anyway.

"I took some of the other Cherries lads to see a few meetings last year, Warren Cummings, Brett Pitman and Shaun Cooper, and I think they enjoyed it.

"It's great you can have a bet on the Diamond Jubilee meeting as well.

"I'm looking forward to it. It should be a great day for the club."

Pirates chief Ford revealed full details of how you can bet would be released at a later date.

Ford also confirmed the event, to be staged under Elite League Riders' Championship rules, would be put back to 7pm on March 9 if it was rained-off at 3pm, the scheduled start time.

Full draw: 1 Chris Holder, 2 Chris Harris, 3 Leigh Adams, 4 Krzysztof Kasprzak, 5 Karol Zabik, 6 Jarek Hampel, 7 Scott Nicholls, 8 Jason Crump, 9 Hans Andersen, 10 Kenneth Bjerre, 11 Greg Hancock, 12 Davey Watt, 13 Nicki Pedersen, 14 Emil Sajfutdinov, 15 Bjarne Pedersen, 16 Andreas Jonsson. Reserves: Adam Skornicki, Zbigniew Suchecki. Referee: Frank Ebdon.

:wink:

This is a great way to start the season. Just wish there was a meeting of this magnitude every year to start the season with a big bang.

Perhaps every EL club could organise an event like this, so that next year its Ipswich, the following year Swindon, then Coventry, Peterborrough etc etc... with the prize increasing year upon year to the magic £100,000 winner takes all.

It's going to be such a resounding success, that I expect Poole to run this every year!!! :wink:

Get a thousand affluent Poole fans to cough up £10 a piece and there's ya HUGE first prize!

Clearly I can't count! Bad idea of mine unless they are gonna cough up £100 each :blink:

Back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Edited by Trees

Proud Sponsor of future Poole Star,Brendan Johnson.

Bobc how old is Brendan now?

Hi Shaz,

Brendan is still only 15,but will be 16 on 4th June.

I see Im still not on your ''Forum members met'' list!!!! :wink: