British Speedway Forum

While i don't agree with your point about it pouring down, i do agree that charging 25 quid for a child is ridiculous as do the Poole fans to be fair to them. For someone who is desperately trying to promote the event to bring in as much money as possible to help finance it, it seems bizzare that he is putting off a very large number of people by charging such a ridiculous amount for a child. How many people have said they would have gone for a great family day out but won't bother because of those prices for the kids? And how many parents will still go, but will leave the poor kids at home with the grandparents because they won't pay the 25 for a childs ticket? There will no doubt be a lot of unhappy kids who love their speedway, left at home and thats a great shame.

Good post trackstaff a great meeting but the tickets etc have been a real balls up why call it a 60th birthday bash of poole speedway if kids and familys can't go because of the price of the tickets ?

Matt ford felt that he could sell the 5500 tickets at £ 25 a pop and make a hugh profit but he fail even after his years in speedway to understand what type of people go to the matches .

Maybe ford will star in the remake of chitty chitty bang bang as the child catcher :lol:

Edited by orion

in your opinion! now let me guess?? i bet you dont have kids?

I do and you clearly have no idea about making books balance. Maybe your wonderful promotion should think about paying outstanding debts to the riders at Oxford before you start telling us how great they are. Pepe is still owed a 5 figure sum, and no longer wishes to ride in England after the experience. You doubt what im saying, then speak to the other riders from Oxford, they dont speak quite as highly of the promotion. As for the ticket price, my kids cost me the same when i book a flight to any GP as my seat and i was lucky enough to go to Wembley last week to see Tottenham v Chelsea-guess what, they paid the same as me and the other half again !

I am taking my daughter, just turned 4 this week to see the X Factor concert in a couple of weeks time. Guess what? Her ticket cost the same as mine. We went on holiday before Christmas to Florida. Her flight cost the same as my wife and I, less a discount for the meal. Richard Branson a ripp off merchant? X Factor rip off merchants?

No of course not. Seats need to be filled and have a value.

I do I think there should have been a discount for kids standing tickets, but I am not the promoter.

now let me guess?? i bet you dont have kids?

Now let me guess....you don't have you own business.

If you did you wouldn't have a clue about running one. The fact that the majority of tickets have sold dumps all over your theory, so obviously these defensive comments are just about you know since people are happy enough to pay huge amounts for product quality.

Obviously any opinion by anyone who hopes that the meeting is rained off is a complete moron.

British speedway is on the slippery slope down financially and population wise and then a club offers a shiny blue beacon of light by still proving they can stage a huge meeting much bigger than any ELRC etc and people dump on it. :mad:

I am taking my daughter, just turned 4 this week to see the X Factor concert in a couple of weeks time. Guess what? Her ticket cost the same as mine. We went on holiday before Christmas to Florida. Her flight cost the same as my wife and I, less a discount for the meal. Richard Branson a ripp off merchant? X Factor rip off merchants?

But the promoter during the rest of the season will charge concessions. You can't set one standard and then pull the other for one single meeting.

It's always been a set standard that concert tickets are charged at the same - mainly coming from that watching music is mostly an over 16's activity.

But the promoter during the rest of the season will charge concessions. You can't set one standard and then pull the other for one single meeting.

It's always been a set standard that concert tickets are charged at the same - mainly coming from that watching music is mostly an over 16's activity.

I doubt a league meeting cost as much though or has the same quality of riders :blink:

Watching concerts such as X-factor, Sugababes, Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Westlife etc which have no concessions is mainly an over 16s thing?

Edited by Hector

Obviously any opinion by anyone who hopes that the meeting is rained off is a complete moron.

British speedway is on the slippery slope down financially and population wise and then a club offers a shiny blue beacon of light by still proving they can stage a huge meeting much bigger than any ELRC etc and people dump on it. :mad:

I for one, don't want to see the meeting rained-off, but to suggest that a one-off meeting like this provides the answers to all speedways problems, is pushing it a bit far. If anything, the money spent on attending an expensive meeting like this could have an adverse effect on domestic meetings.

Now let me guess....you don't have you own business.

If you did you wouldn't have a clue about running one. The fact that the majority of tickets have sold dumps all over your theory, so obviously these defensive comments are just about you know since people are happy enough to pay huge amounts for product quality.

i do run my own business thanks,and poole only need to charge so much to balance the books,because they want to look like big shots offering the highest prize money ever. there is absolutely no reason to offer such a high prize for an individual meeting like this,and it could have an adverse effect on future attempts to stage similar meetings.

its disappointing so many of you have an 'i'm on board so pull up the ladder' attitude.

as for your last comment,lets just hope when you next make a playoff final your promoters dont see it as another opportunity to price out the regular supporter.

I do and you clearly have no idea about making books balance. Maybe your wonderful promotion should think about paying outstanding debts to the riders at Oxford before you start telling us how great they are. Pepe is still owed a 5 figure sum, and no longer wishes to ride in England after the experience. You doubt what im saying, then speak to the other riders from Oxford, they dont speak quite as highly of the promotion. As for the ticket price, my kids cost me the same when i book a flight to any GP as my seat and i was lucky enough to go to Wembley last week to see Tottenham v Chelsea-guess what, they paid the same as me and the other half again !

football is not speedway,tottenham and chelsea sell out every week and dont need to encourage kids to support them,whereas speedway is desperate to attract the next generation.

pepe consistantly looked disinterested,and is not too much of a loss.

Would you look interested if you knew you were working for nothing? :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

football is not speedway,tottenham and chelsea sell out every week and dont need to encourage kids to support them,whereas speedway is desperate to attract the next generation.

pepe consistantly looked disinterested,and is not too much of a loss.

So come on Hatcham, with your knowledge of Oxford your quite obviously connected with the promotion. I was a regular at Oxford and conversations with Pepe. Eriksson, Tomicek and Johno tell me that monies are still owed.? By the way Tottenham have tickets for almost every home match if you would like to phone the box office. AS for the fact they dont need to encourage children to support again totally wrong.

Forgetting the prices, who is making money etc etc I personally hope the rain holds off and the meeting goes ahead everyone who goes enjoys themselves and the riders on track provide a spectacular opening to the season with a worthy winner and no injuries

I doubt a league meeting cost as much though or has the same quality of riders :blink:

Hence a 66% rise in an Adults ticket.

But the 250% rise in a Concessions ticket isn't valid.

Concerts and Live Music has always been charged that way since the dawn of time. So it's the standard they set. Sport however operates a dividing system, always as.