British Speedway Forum

Err...hate to throw water on your fireworks here, but the BIC are charging £4 a ticket not £4.50 and TicketMaster are charging up £4.30 per ticket booking charge for their GP tickets depnding on where you sit (and possibly more for the highest price tickets but they look to be sold out). :unsure:

Booking charges are the norm pretty much everywhere for venues. I've even had to pay £1 a ticket booking charge to go see a small band in a venue not much bigger than a village hall in the last 48 hours. It's just the way it is.

What a lot of complaining on here about ticket prices & booking charges! I wonder if this meeting was being held at another track there would be all this fuss :unsure:

There is a group of us heading down from Mildenhall. and we are certainly hoping the sun shines, even though we should keep dry in the restaurant, well at least on the outside :wink: .

This will be a cracking meeting at a top stadium, it may be 'top dollar' to get in but it will certainly be worth it, as they say if 'you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'.

Roll on next Sunday

Well i'd have loved to have made the trip but alas i'll be working the Sunday night shift so its a no go for me unfortunately. For the type of meeting this is (lets be honest its a cracker) i think the prices are very reasonable. Hope everyone that attends has a great day and the weather is kind.

And if you get to Poole early enough you can make a day of it by watching the first Poole cycle speedway match of the season at their excellant Baiter Park venue.

Poole V Exeter (Southwest league)

11AM tapes up to allow for the speedway.

And ITS FREE!! All FREE!!!--No booking fee or nowt,nice club house and refreshments :approve:

So if you are at a loose end in the morning pop along to that as well for good measure before the speedway and cheer the Exeter Aces on to victory :wink::lol:

Edited by Nevs

What a lot of complaining on here about ticket prices & booking charges! I wonder if this meeting was being held at another track there would be all this fuss :unsure:

There is a group of us heading down from Mildenhall. and we are certainly hoping the sun shines, even though we should keep dry in the restaurant, well at least on the outside :wink: .

This will be a cracking meeting at a top stadium, it may be 'top dollar' to get in but it will certainly be worth it, as they say if 'you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'.

Roll on next Sunday

Some of us are only travelling from Southampton mate. See you next Sunday.

Roll on next Sunday

Oh yes......I almost forgot 'you lot' will be in town. :wink:

Be good to catch up and have a natter.Might even introduce you to our 'infamous' scoreboard operator!

I will keep you updated,weatherwise etc mate. :wink:

Oh yes......I almost forgot 'you lot' will be in town. :wink:

Be good to catch up and have a natter.Might even introduce you to our 'infamous' scoreboard operator!

I will keep you updated,weatherwise etc mate. :wink:

Cheers Bob,

'Infamous' scoreboard operator!! we are suitably intrigued :D

See you next Sunday

And if you get to Poole early enough you can make a day of it by watching the first Poole cycle speedway match of the season at their excellant Baiter Park venue.

Poole V Exeter (Southwest league)

11AM tapes up to allow for the speedway.

And ITS FREE!! All FREE!!!--No booking fee or nowt,nice club house and refreshments :approve:

So if you are at a loose end in the morning pop along to that as well for good measure before the speedway and cheer the Exeter Aces on to victory :wink::lol:

are you selling the ice creams Nevs?

I must be missing something.

The EL loses Pedersen, Zagar and Hamill.

The Pl loses Zetterstrom, Holder and James Wright.

Which league has lost the most points? :unsure:

You omitted Krzysztof Kasprzak and Peter Karlsson from the EL riders missing this year, SCB.

Edited by Pollyanna

Roll on next Sunday

Well said, Phil. I hope it's a dry day like today in Bournemouth. A lovely sunny Spring day. I hope it's a good meeting, with no injuries and that a good time will be had by all. :lol:

At least wherever you sit or stand at Poole, there is a good view all round the track, not just on the home straight.

Can't believe the amount of moaning about this meeting. Fair play to the Poole promotion, whilst they are not everybodys cup of tea at least they PROMOTE!! think most people understand that to put on such an event then costs are bound to be higher.

Would have liked to see maybe Gollob and Holta taking part, but will be interesting to see how Sajfutdinov fares.

My only complaint is that its a week to early, as I'll be in the Poole area the following weekend.

Yes Gollob would have been a massive draw and i don't believe for 1 second that he wouldn't have got an invite to this from the Poole promotion. If he can't be tempted over for 1 single meeting with a 60 k winners cheque then i'd assume that the chances of him coming back for another season are pretty much non existent unfortunately.

Latest ticket news is that the grandstand is now almost sold out. Just a few tickets left for those lucky enough to get them.

Latest ticket news is that the grandstand is now almost sold out. Just a few tickets left for those lucky enough to get them.

You can get you're tickets at www. steveshovlar.blahblah.com :lol::wink:

Cheers Steve. :wink:

Restaurant is now sold out.

Kentucky just down the road! :D

Edited by Steve Shovlar