British Speedway Forum

Wait for the Shovlar spin!! :rolleyes:

I can picture him spinning now & it's quite worrying. :wink:

Greg Hancock has withdrawn from the meeting, Tomasz Gollob refused to replace him, so now Adam Shields is taking his place. :unsure:

I for one am pleased with this as Adam should have been in the meeting anyway!

I for one am pleased with this as Adam should have been in the meeting anyway!

Agree. Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup. Gollob was appraoched but Matt said it would cost "£365" a ticket to get in. Such were his demands.

Hancock would have done diddly squat anyway. At least Sheilds is local and is quick around Wimborne Road.

Matt said today at Press and practice that he doubts there will be any other riders pulling out.

He also went to great lengths to tell the gathering there that delaying buying their tickets will put their chances of getting into the stadium at risk. He said that he had read the internet remarks and said that the comments about tiocket sales being slow and comments that he was trying to push tickets by scaremongering were false. He said ticket sales had been brisk for the first couple of weeks and then died off over the Christmas/New Year period. At that time he wondered if he had done the right thing in putting on such a big meeting.

However, ticket sales in the last three weeks have been extremely high and they have been selling them at about £2000 a day. The resteraunt is sold out, and the main grandstand only has a few tickets left. He sai that more than likely fans in the queues would be turned away. He said Health and Safety had reduced the capacity of the stadium since the WTC in 2004 and only 5,500 would be allowed entry, regardless of how many are queuing outside.

So that's the latest.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Agree. Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup. Gollob was appraoched but Matt said it would cost "£365" a ticket to get in. Such were his demands.

Hancock would have done diddly squat anyway. At least Sheilds is local and is quick around Wimborne Road.

Matt said today at Press and practice that he doubts there will be any other riders pulling out.

He also went to great lengths to tell the gathering there that delaying buying their tickets will put their chances of getting into the stadium at risk. He said that he had read the internet remarks and said that the comments about tiocket sales being slow and comments that he was trying to push tickets by scaremongering were false. He said ticket sales had been brisk for the first couple of weeks and then died off over the Christmas/New Year period. At that time he wondered if he had done the right thing in putting on such a big meeting.

However, ticket sales in the last three weeks have been extremely high and they have been selling them at about £2000 a day. The resteraunt is sold out, and the main grandstand only has a few tickets left. He sai that more than likely fans in the queues would be turned away. He said Health and Safety had reduced the capacity of the stadium since the WTC in 2004 and only 5,500 would be allowed entry, regardless of how many are queuing outside.

So that's the latest.

Steve you sound more like Matt's P.R man with every post . :rolleyes:

For someone who says he will not buy a season ticket ,because of the lack of insentive, surprised you managed to get an invite to the season ticket holders, press and sponsors event . :unsure:

Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup. Gollob was appraoched but Matt said it would cost "£365" a ticket to get in. Such were his demands.

I do remember posting back in early January that there was one rider who Matt was slightly concerned might end up pulling out. I wouldn't name him then for obvious reasons, but wahey and quelle surprise, here we are 5 days before the event and it's come to pass. Still like Steve says, much prefer to see Shieldsy back in the line-up. A local based rider and well liked with a good record around Poole so yep, pleased with that. :approve:

So that's the latest.

Steve.

Does that mean its not worth travelling without a ticket.

Steve you sound more like Matt's P.R man with every post . :rolleyes:

For someone who says he will not buy a season ticket ,because of the lack of insentive, surprised you managed to get an invite to the season ticket holders, press and sponsors event . :unsure:

Certainly won't buy a season ticket and told Matt straight. He knows that I think its a dud deal. Reason is I got a late invite because I was asked to take some pics for the club for the track shop, and also at the DD on Saturday night. Would have been there at 6 pm otherwise.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Steve.

Does that mean its not worth travelling without a ticket.

Not at all. It means if you haven't got a ticket and are going to chance your luck on the day, I would advise getting there very early.

Just my opinion of course.

Can you cofirm this please Rabski? :wink:

Seems avery accurate report on the days events to me.I was there,talking with Rabs,SS,and many others.

Seems avery accurate report on the days events to me.I was there,talking with Rabs,SS,and many others.

Fair enough, it's just that Shovlar has got it wrong on more than one occasion lately and I just wanted to check. :wink:

Talking to someone on Monday who called Poole to book a table in the restaurant for the meeting next week. Six of them wanted to book at the quoted price of £44. They were told that they would have to book through the Bournemouth International Centre.

So they called the BIC and were told that indeed the tickets were £44

PLUS £4 PER TICKET booking fee

PLUS a one off admin fee of £2.50

So on top of 6 tickets, £26.50 on rip off admin. Just what the hell does anybody do to justify £26.50 to put 6 tickets in a bleedin envelope ???

Now I have no idea who gets this money but that is truly awful

The 6 of them decided on that basis not to bothwe with the meeting at all

Fans being ripped off me thinks

Fans being ripped off me thinks

Where have you been Chris?

We were told weeks ago when we made that observation that we were trolling.........when will you learn that Poole are beyond critisisim? :wink:

But to be fair, it's not only the biggest prize in speedway (for a few months anyway), but also the biggest rip-off too!!!

For the record, I don't hope the meeting is rained off or spoilt in any way, but I really do hope the Poole promotion learn that speedway fans won't be ripped off for a meaningless meeting!!!

Expecting, and prepared for the backlash. :)

Agree. Hancock was always doubtful and was making pretty feeble excuses for the last month. No loss as he has had his day and his career is almost over. Rather see Sheilds who puts British speedway first and was in the original lineup.

Sounds very strange to invite him, in the first place, then.