Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Thats not fair - bringing in new rules without telling S.C.B. - hows he gonna win the argument now!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Sandie - you know and I know that it won't make a bit of difference - SCB will continue to argue that black is white until everyone else gives in :wink:

All the best

Rob

I think Kasprzak will do okay in the GPs - he can gate and his father usually ensures that he has very competitive equipment.

I guess SCB must stand for 'Speaks Complete Bol**cks' then??...

Get your tin hat on pal , your going to need it ! :D

True Sube - but a lot of speedway is won in a riders head, and I get the impression that he can try too hard. I hope i'm proved wrong, but I think KK will possibly struggle because of well...KK.

Interested to see a few riders wearing the new back support/nexk collars that Lawrence Hare was promoting. Bjarne, N pedersen, Schlein and I think one other were wearing them. heard that they might be compulsory next season. Perhaps if they work they should be brought straight in. What's the point in waiting, when in the meantime thewre could be a tradgedy?

Talking of which, the biggest cheer of the day was for Cegeilski, who was greeted to rapturous applause. For a guy that only rode for Poole a single season, he has really taken to our hearts and when he spoke it was to silence. Hope his recovery continues and he gets to his dream of walking again.

Guest Schumi
Interested to see a few riders wearing the new back support/nexk collars that Lawrence Hare was promoting. Bjarne, N pedersen, Schlein and I think one other were wearing them. heard that they might be compulsory next season. Perhaps if they work they should be brought straight in. What's the point in waiting, when in the meantime thewre could be a tradgedy?

You should read the Leatt neck brace thread.

Rabs, I firmly believe that Hans Andersen hasn't done better in the GPs for the very same reason.

I guess SCB must stand for 'Speaks Complete Bol**cks' then??...

Get your tin hat on pal , your going to need it ! :D

:lol: I wonder if there will be an apology forthcoming for the 'cheating Dane' Bjarne? Or will there be some other fantasy rule he violated.

Talking of which, the biggest cheer of the day was for Cegeilski, who was greeted to rapturous applause. For a guy that only rode for Poole a single season, he has really taken to our hearts and when he spoke it was to silence. Hope his recovery continues and he gets to his dream of walking again.

Have to agree with you the guy has worked so hard would be nice to see him up and wlaking again.

taken from Nicki's website

Nicki opens 2008 with splendid victory

09-03-2008

With a perfect seasonopener by winning Pooles Diamond Jubilee, Nicki showed that he is in perfect form for the 2008-season.

- Unless my first heat, I felt very good. There were some hard battles, but I think my very good starters meant the difference today, Nicki says.

Right before the final, where Nicki beat Andreas Jonsson, Scott Nicholls and Leigh Adams, the four racers decided to split the 60.000 GBP into four equal portions.

- I think it was the right decission to make. Now everybody are happy, Nicki says

Fair play to the guy. In fact to all of them. And it was a damn good final race to boot - Nicki was deserved winner but the other three you could throw a blanket over :approve:

So what about passing manoeuvres for this meeting.After all we are reliably informed that Poole is well known for it's passing are we not.

[/quote

well everyone passed bomber in heat one!!!

09-03-2008

With a perfect seasonopener by winning Pooles Diamond Jubilee, Nicki showed that he is in perfect form for the 2008-season.

- Unless my first heat, I felt very good. There were some hard battles, but I think my very good starters meant the difference today, Nicki says.

Right before the final, where Nicki beat Andreas Jonsson, Scott Nicholls and Leigh Adams, the four racers decided to split the 60.000 GBP into four equal portions.

- I think it was the right decission to make. Now everybody are happy, Nicki says

Unbelievable, seems a bit odd, what about racing for the big pot or is this a wind up!

09-03-2008

It doesn't suprise me in the slightest. Before the final the riders must have thought they have a 25% chance of winning it. Or, they could all have £15,000 each guarenteed.

I know which one I would take.

Still, history says N Pedersen won the £60,000 and he has the cheque! :wink:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Crap.

If there were tapes at the 15 metre mark,where Crump was,he would have broken them long before Bjarne moved.

Get it now?

Matter of opinion really. Normally, when all four riders are at the tapes and one jumps the start and goes through the tapes any of the other three can re-act and go because of him. In that case, the start-jumper is the cause and should be penalised. In this case Bjarne touched the tapes without knowing what was happening behind him so Crump can't be blamed for Pedersen's tape-touching. The tapes were down, he touched them unprovoked if you like.

As I said, a matter of interpretation and I believe, whether you do or not, in the instance you describe, the ref was right to penalise Bjarne. The joke was allowing Crump a further bite of the cherry.