British Speedway Forum

Poole Speedway will launch their on-track Diamond Jubilee season with a prestigious individual meeting on Sunday March 9th 2008 with a the wealthiest prize in speedway history for a single race. The winner of the grand final of the 20 heat, 16 rider meeting will

receive a life-changing £60,000 prize for the final minutes work of the meeting, an event which Poole promoter Matt Ford is looking forward to in earnest.

"I am very excited about this meeting and I am sure that it will attract considerable interest from not just Poole fans but also British speedway fans. The top riders are 'up for it' and the line-up will be world class, I can assure you of that. We already have the world's

reigning top 3 signed up for the event and a host of other GP riders . It is a great way for us to launch our 2008 season, which is Poole's 60th and the 10th year of myself and Mike Golding promoting here at Wimborne Road."

"This will be the first domestic meeting for most of the riders invited and being so fresh in the season it is certain to provide a level playing field and the competition will be intense with all the riders keen to bank the massive £60,000. What a way to start a season!"

"As we feel there will be a lot of interest for this meeting we have been able to arrange through the Bournemouth International Centre an Advanced ticket purchase scheme and I would encourage anyone who is wanting to see this meeting to book early as capacity is limited and it will make a perfect Christmas present for the speedway lover. We have set out three levels of pricing with the top price being a Restaurant ticket at £45 per head. This will include admission, souvenir programme and a 3-course meal but will be limited to just 300 diners. Unfortunately we can only accept bookings for complete tables, which will be either 6, 8 or 10. For the Grandstand seating (limited to 1100) ticket prices, again including a seat and souvenir programme, will be £30 whilst other areas of the stadium will be priced at £25 (again including a souvenir programme)."

Tickets can be purchased through the BIC Box Office on 0870 111 300 and will go on sale from Wednesday 28th November.

Sponsorship opportunites, including headline sponsorship, are available in various packages and further details can be obtained direct from Matt Ford or by emailing pirate_jubilee@ntlworld.com.

Riders booked include Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Hans Andersen, Greg Hancock, Andreas Jonsson, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Bjarne Pedersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak all of whom will be GP competitors for 2008 along with Danish international Kenneth Bjerre, locally-based Australian Davey Watt and Poole debutant Karol Zabik.

Poole do it again!

The richest minute in speedway history, and what a fabulous way to start the spedway season!

Now expect the usual moaners coming on and bleating about the price of attending.

Answer is simple. If you don't like paying to see something a bit special, well don't.

Reckon if the weather is fair the place will be heaving, especially as it's on a Sunday! Every top rider will be begging for a place in the lineup with that much money at stake.

Also means the season will start a week earlier for us Poole fans, with P&P possibly on the 5th March?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

We should call this the ELRC - thinking like this is the only way to make that event big again.

Fair play to the Pirates Promotion for having the balls to put up a prize like that. It's way too far for me to travel to attend though I wouldn't mind going.

I can only hope Belle Vue do something similar in their 80th Consecutive Year of Racing.

I am actually one of the normal moaners about price but must admit for that line up, it is very tempting......especially the top price ticket with meal included, now who else can share a table with me?

I am actually one of the normal moaners about price but must admit for that line up, it is very tempting......especially the top price ticket with meal included, now who else can share a table with me?

I'm in Sue :D

Not that I would be paying for the others to share a table with me!!

It'll make the ELRC look like small fry. The trouble is only Poole could really put on such a meeting. And I don't mean that being detrimental to any other club, but M&M are capable of raising large amounts of sponsorship and this proves it.

Interestingly, I remember Matt making a comment about something special a couple of years ago, but then it went silent. Perhaps Matt and Mike decided to hold the meeting back until the Jubilee season.

Nicki Pedersen

Jason Crump

Leigh Adams

Hans Andersen

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Bjarne Pedersen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

Davey Watt

Karol Zabik

Leaving two places left. Holder? Gollob? Holta? Lindgren?

Even Gollob would come over for that. This is possibly a better lineup that the GP at Cardiff. The prize money certainly dwarves that. Could well be a lot of pre season practice going on next year!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Why include riders whose priorities do not include british league racing?

Poole Speedway will launch their on-track Diamond Jubilee season with a prestigious individual meeting on Sunday March 9th 2008 with a the wealthiest prize in speedway history for a single race. The winner of the grand final of the 20 heat, 16 rider meeting will

receive a life-changing £60,000 prize for the final minutes work of the meeting, an event which Poole promoter Matt Ford is looking forward to in earnest.

"I am very excited about this meeting and I am sure that it will attract considerable interest from not just Poole fans but also British speedway fans. The top riders are 'up for it' and the line-up will be world class, I can assure you of that. We already have the world's

reigning top 3 signed up for the event and a host of other GP riders . It is a great way for us to launch our 2008 season, which is Poole's 60th and the 10th year of myself and Mike Golding promoting here at Wimborne Road."

"This will be the first domestic meeting for most of the riders invited and being so fresh in the season it is certain to provide a level playing field and the competition will be intense with all the riders keen to bank the massive £60,000. What a way to start a season!"

"As we feel there will be a lot of interest for this meeting we have been able to arrange through the Bournemouth International Centre an Advanced ticket purchase scheme and I  would encourage anyone who is wanting to see this meeting to book early as capacity is limited and it will make a perfect Christmas present for the speedway lover. We have set out three levels of pricing with the top price being a Restaurant ticket at £45 per head. This will include admission, souvenir programme and a 3-course meal but will be limited to just 300 diners. Unfortunately we can only accept bookings for complete tables, which will be either 6, 8 or 10.  For the Grandstand seating (limited to 1100) ticket prices, again including a seat and souvenir programme, will be £30 whilst other areas of the stadium will be priced at £25 (again including a souvenir programme)."

Tickets can be purchased through the BIC Box Office on 0870 111 300 and will go on sale from Wednesday 28th November.

Sponsorship opportunites, including headline sponsorship, are available in various packages and further details can be obtained direct from Matt Ford or by emailing pirate_jubilee@ntlworld.com.

Riders booked include Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Hans Andersen, Greg Hancock, Andreas Jonsson, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Bjarne Pedersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak all of whom will be GP competitors for 2008 along with Danish international Kenneth Bjerre, locally-based Australian Davey Watt and Poole debutant Karol Zabik.

I will just go 2 Cardiff the same thing but in a better stadia

I will just go 2 Cardiff the same thing but in a better stadia

But this is to celebrate Poole PTW, nothing else. Better than a meaningless challenge to start the season. And for only about £6 more, as the program is included.

Imagine the tension for the final, when the winning rider is earning £1000 for every second he is on the track. :P

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Nicki Pedersen

Jason Crump

Leigh Adams

Hans Andersen

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Bjarne Pedersen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

Davey Watt

Karol Zabik

Leaving two places left. Holder? Gollob? Holta? Lindgren?

Surely it'd leave 3 places left, as there are only 13 riders in that list? ;)

Unusually going to back Steve and Poole up here.....

Ok the price of the lower priced tickets may be a little on the heavy side but the top ticket really does represent excellent value, where else can you get a 3 course meal, programme and admission for that sort of line up? Even Cardiff can't compare there.