British Speedway Forum

Cardiff is a Grand Prix.......... Poole is staging a totally meaningless meeting which will be forgotten by May...........get real, your spin isn't even amusing anymore. :rolleyes:

It would seem like another supporter with some freshly sour grapes to squeeze....not Eastie's flat mate by any chance are you?

If your team held a meeting of this high quality to celebrate a jubilee, I am sure you would jump on the bandwagon and scream from the rooftops 'This is the greatest invention ever since the Lakeside track'. :wink:

Is it Jealousy from non Poole supporters?

To ALL you who are complaining; why dont you do something better than Poole than just complaining?

Good luck with the meeting and congrats to the Pirates for their Diamond Jubilee season and their 60 years at Wimborne Road.

/Mikael

Well done with Poole Promotions for coming up with this fantastic idea. Should be a great meeting, may even think about travelling down myself with the other half and little one. Would have to see nearer the time.

Hope all goes well for it.

I bet if the it was 'Eastbourne Celebrate 60 Years Of Racing', Eastie would be over the moon and say it's the best thing since sliced bread. Ditto to Kev H if it was 'Lakeside Celebrate 60 Years Of Racing'

Well done to Matt & Mike. Don't like them personally but at least they are gonna provide a decent meeting instead of some rubbish Poole Select v Joe Bloggs select like most teams would do

I bet if the it was 'Eastbourne Celebrate 60 Years Of Racing', Eastie would be over the moon and say it's the best thing since sliced bread. Ditto to Kev H if it was 'Lakeside Celebrate 60 Years Of Racing'

Well done to Matt & Mike. Don't like them personally but at least they are gonna provide a decent meeting instead of some rubbish Poole Select v Joe Bloggs select like most teams would do

I fully agree with SR. I don't believe it. :P

I fully agree with SR. I don't believe it. :P

It won't last long :wink:

It won't last long  :wink:

Now now. Don't change the channel. You know your turning into one of Shovlar's sheep agreeing with us. :shock::lol:

Now now. Don't change the channel. You know your turning into one of Shovlar's sheep agreeing with us.  :shock:  :lol:

Yeah. The black sheep :D

It would seem like another supporter with some freshly sour grapes to squeeze....not Eastie's flat mate by any chance are you?

If your team held a meeting of this high quality to celebrate a jubilee, I am sure you would jump on the bandwagon and scream from the rooftops 'This is the greatest invention ever since the Lakeside track'. :wink:

You should ignore him Bazaar. More or less everyone bar this misery realises what a great event it is going to be and will be there on the 9th March.

Let him carry on making more and more of a fool of himself so we can all have a good laugh. :lol:

More or less everyone bar this misery realises what a great event it is going to be and will be there on the 9th March.

:D Stevie, calm down, ya blood pressure wont last till March.

Well done to Poole to do something positive for once, but it is a big stretch to say the meeting in itself means much to anyone outside Poole. Sure it will be packed with such a field, but cant see many travelling so early in season for what is after all a open meeting.

:D Stevie, calm down, ya blood pressure wont last till March.

Well done to Poole to do something positive for once, but it is a big stretch to say the meeting in itself means much to anyone outside Poole. Sure it will be packed with such a field, but cant see many travelling so early in season for what is after all a open meeting.

Would it not be a better idea to make the meeting an 80 year celebration of the whole of British Speedway rather than a 60 year celebration of Poole Speedway.

I know you'd get exactly the same meeting, but just that in iteslf would make it more appealing outside the area. Stick Maloclm Simmons and Peter Collins out for a match race in the interval on 70s bikes and your sorted!

Would it not be a better idea to make the meeting an 80 year celebration of the whole of British Speedway rather than a 60 year celebration of Poole Speedway.

I know you'd get exactly the same meeting, but just that in iteslf would make it more appealing outside the area. Stick Maloclm Simmons and Peter Collins out for a match race in the interval on 70s bikes and your sorted!

Good idea but Poole have done this by themselves, without the help of the bSPA and other clubs.

Now if next year they want to do that meeting, with a 100,000 for the winner, it would be a tremendous way to start the Poole season. :approve:

I may be wrong but I disagree.

Start of the season is the ideal time to catch the punters. It's near enough a GP line-up and it is a lot cheaper than a GP and riders are likely to be there with the prize money on offer.

I would even expect a couple of supporters come overseas to see a taster of their favourite riders before the GP season starts again. IMO it should be huge.

Eastie's whinging coz it's the only British track that Nicki P will be riding at in 2008 :D

Eastie's whinging coz it's the only British track that Nicki P will be riding at in 2008 :D

and Davy Watt will only be riding on the Poole track this year. :lol:

Edited by bazaar3