British Speedway Forum

Rather sad if they're a fan Keith. Are they trying to bring bad publicity to the sport without knowing all the facts. I really do wonder about some people sometimes and how their brains tick.

Totaly agree with you and from what I have been told this person was indeed trying to show the sport in a negative light

Totaly agree with you and from what I have been told this person was indeed trying to show the sport in a negative light

That's not very hard to do is it.

For Schumi - from last nights Wolves forum -

"Apparently in waiting for PK to make a decision, Wolves turned down an approach from a top line rider wanting a place. Only guy I think that could be is Nicholls.

Nicki's management team approached Wolves, but they confirmed up front Nicki could only do a certain number of meetings."

So like hancock, PK and many other riders who wanted to cut back there commitments. Its becoming even clearer that not only the points limit forced Nicki out of British speedway.

Surely if you only want to ride in so many meetings you gotta know that its unlikely any team is going to sign you, world champion or not.

Its like ive been saying all along then!!!!!! :approve:

That's not very hard to do is it.

Some posters on here seem to have made it into an Art Form! :angry:

Maybe they'll get an Arts Council Grant? :rolleyes:

So like hancock, PK and many other riders who wanted to cut back there commitments. Its becoming even clearer that not only the points limit forced Nicki out of British speedway.

Surely if you only want to ride in so many meetings you gotta know that its unlikely any team is going to sign you, world champion or not.Its like ive been saying all along then!!!!!! :approve:

Not unlikely at all, Trick was signed twice by two different teams who fully knew that he could only commit to a certain amount of meetings, Hancock was the same at Reading last year - although on that occasion the promotion didn't make it common knowledge.

Eastbourne signed Nicki last season knowing he couldn't commit to a full EL programme, imo had the points limit allowed they would have done the same this season too.

So it's ok as long as no one found out ? god we don't want any fuss over riders fixing races do we .

The point is that no-one on here can actually state that the result of the race was fixed! Yes the money was shared, but they could agree to share the money and still race for the win and no-one except the riders can state otherwise!

The point is that no-one on here can actually state that the result of the race was fixed! Yes the money was shared, but they could agree to share the money and still race for the win and no-one except the riders can state otherwise!

The result of the final was probably not fixed in the conventional sense that the finishing order was predetermined before the race started. But you have to question whether a rider, knowing he will get the same amount regardless of where he finishes in the race, is going to race the same as he would have done if he had to actually come first to win anything.

Do you think in any other sport that it was found out that people were giving money out to each during an evert they were stand for it ? The answer is no and then people ask why speedway is going backwards and is classed as a joke by outsiders .

A big event was run with a winner take all final and turned out to be nothing but a gentlemans excuse me as the first place paid the same as the 4th place, your not going to try as hard no matter how you dress it up .

As a speedway fan who is also an ex jockey i can't believe that the riders involved can get away with this form of race fixing. If four of us jockeys got together before a race and made this sort of deal we would be up before the stewards and fined/banned.

If the winner wanted to split the winnings AFTER the finish then i dont have a problem with that. I don't think that the final looks like 4 guys going all out to win £60,000 more like 4 guys knowing they got £15,000 even if they stopped after the first lap.

Be very interested to hear what the guy that put up the £60,000 feels about the deal.

The richest minute in speedway? No, the richest chat in the pits beforehand more like.

STILL havnt heard from the bspa regarding this.Who are the bspa,is Terry russell on it,he has an interest in swindon and Lee lAdams.i beleive all riders in the final should be called in to explain their actions NOW not mid season.NIP it in the bud NOW.