British Speedway Forum

Only managed to get to Evening meeting due to my son playing football, but racing was best i've seen there, impressed by Tom Brown (and my 12 year old daughter thinks he is lovely so was made up when we spoke to him after meeting :lol: )

What was the announcement about before racing started though?? They asked for spectators NOT to ring emergency services as Doctors and medical staff in attendance could cope with all incidents.

Interesting to see the fire extinguisher was in the ref's box when Atkins' bike caught fire, fat lot of good it did there. :rolleyes:

Good to see Steady there rode for Cradley juniors when i looked after them a couple of times and is a really nice bloke always got time to stop for a natter whenever i see him.

What was the announcement about before racing started though?? They asked for spectators NOT to ring emergency services as Doctors and medical staff in attendance could cope with all incidents.

Interesting to see the fire extinguisher was in the ref's box when Atkins' bike caught fire, fat lot of good it did there. :rolleyes:

I believe there we're people ringing & texting them for info on Craig & Dave, totally unnecccesary.

That fire incident was a bone of contention for a while i believe.

Ive no idea what that was all about.

They did it several times before the 2nd half of the meeting, the pairs, started.

Maybe because the accidents were pretty close together and people were running around after Howe with Branney already being attended too then perhaps some folks panicked and rang for more ambulances.

Pretty idiotic thing to do IMHO and disrespectful to a fine body of professionals to assume they cant do there job or not ask for help if it was needed.

Well done Smoli easily the best rider on show, moved riders aside with ease when coming from the back and rode very well considering it was his 1st time at Telford was great watching him wave at the crowd as he rode round a true showman! :approve::D Well done again Smoli! :)

Didn't stay for the night but Smoli looked excellent in the day, thought the whole show was a bit amateur from the presentation through to cancelling parts of the meeting and not having enough riders on standby to run races. People I'm sure would have preferred a programme change than no race at all, it was expensive enough to go in ! Couldn't hear the announcer at all for the first 20 mins in the afternoon unless it was where we were sitting.

Haven't been for about 3 years but will give it a miss in future I think, I remember the interval entertainment being better too with the Hans Nielsen big boxing glove thing and such like?

Best wishes to Craig and David for a speedy recovery.

who is Gary O'Hare??

I remember him seeing him riding for Long Eaton in 1988 and he was part of the National League title winning Ellsemere Port team. He is 44 I believe.

This my first Telford meeting and in fact my first indoor meeting full stop. I was told not to expect too much, but was pleasantly surprised. Broadhurst, Howe and Smolinski were the class riders on show, Broadhurst was terribly unlucky in the last heat of the Individual meeting when it looked like he'd done enough to win his final Telford meet.

Plus points were..the close proximity to the racing....seeing some riders I'd never usually get the chance to see (Smolinski, O'Hare, Howe)....The "Dancing On Ice" turned out to be better than I expected, quite funny in fact.....Being able to park so close to the venue and having a Weatherspoons only 5 minutes walk away :P

Minus points were....The presentation wasn't as good as it could be. I had no idea who the big guy riding at number 5 in the evening meet was. The PA was so bad, the least the presenter could've done was to spell the guys name and where was the promised laser show?....Craig Branney's terrible injury, hope he makes a full recovery. Didn't see the David Howe incident, I was in the bar. Sounds nasty, hope he makes a quick recovery too.....Having the Shadmobile plastered in Nick Simmonds Testimonial flyers by a couple of young ladies, Sandie and NikkiF I think, at least I won't be buying Andrex for a while ;)

I reckon we'll be returning for the 2009 Telford Indoor meeting. :)

Edited by Shadders

Didn't stay for the night but Smoli looked excellent in the day, thought the whole show was a bit amateur from the presentation through to cancelling parts of the meeting and not having enough riders on standby to run races. People I'm sure would have preferred a programme change than no race at all, it was expensive enough to go in ! Couldn't hear the announcer at all for the first 20 mins in the afternoon unless it was where we were sitting.

Haven't been for about 3 years but will give it a miss in future I think, I remember the interval entertainment being better too with the Hans Nielsen big boxing glove thing and such like?

Best wishes to Craig and David for a speedy recovery.

I didnt think it was lack of riders, more emergency cover and ambulance availablity.

Yes the presentation was poor - it has been a lot better in the past. But I think your position didnt help as we heard more from our seats than Nikki did from heres near you. :)

Edited by Sandie

Yeah...Hope he finds a decent songwriter.

:lol::lol::wink:

Brilliant days entertainment, best wishes to Craig & David, big thumbs down to the incompetent staff in the ten pinbowling food hall - tossers, had a great day & good to catch up with False Dawn again, £4 per programme was a bit steep though. :approve:

....big thumbs down to the incompetent staff in the ten pinbowling food hall....

Presumably that was the one trying to impersonate the tasmanian devil, when he started leaning over the counter having a go at a customer?

According to the local paper last night David Howe feared his season may be over as he was warned he could need skin grafts if the skin around the wounds had 'died', but luckily it hadn't- this was despite the fact that, according to the report, he waited a staggering 18 HOURS to be seen in A&E. :shock:

this was despite the fact that, according to the report, he waited a staggering 18 HOURS to be seen in A&E. :shock:
So David has knowingly gone out and done something dangerous and got injured, of course he should wait until all the genuine accidents have been seen. It is done on a risk factor rating, the riskier the activity you were doing, the longer you wait and rightly so.

Okay Shawn what is a genuine accident in your opinion? Driving on the roads can be dangerous, using knives, gardening, hedge trimmers, saws, walking on snow or ice, D.I.Y, even something as simple as taking the dog for a walk as my sister-in-law recently broke her ankle in two places when the dog pulled her over. The list is endless.

18 hours wait for such a bad injury seems very excessive to me. I hope it wasn't at the Leicester Royal Infirmary. :wink: