British Speedway Forum
Leeds Lass

Wally Lloyd

Wally Lioyd also had a motor spares shop in Ealing Road, Wembley. It was still there in the early 80s when I left the area, I don't know who owned or run it then but it was a well known and well supported shop for years.

7 minutes ago, tonyd said:

Wally Lioyd also had a motor spares shop in Ealing Road, Wembley. It was still there in the early 80s when I left the area, I don't know who owned or run it then but it was a well known and well supported shop for years.

It's amazing how many riders had shops back in the day...

20 minutes ago, chunky said:

It's amazing how many riders had shops back in the day...

Alf Hagon , Tommy Price, Eric Boothroyd , Tommy Roper, Tommy Sweetman, Norman Hunter, Len Silver, Ken Middleditch, Barry  Briggs and Ivor Brown are a few that spring to mind albeit a little more recent than Wally Lloyd.

31 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Alf Hagon , Tommy Price, Eric Boothroyd , Tommy Roper, Tommy Sweetman, Norman Hunter, Len Silver, Ken Middleditch, Barry  Briggs and Ivor Brown are a few that spring to mind albeit a little more recent than Wally Lloyd.

List is almost as long as the football players who had pubs

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Reg Trott sold scooters in Merton High St, and before him, Wally Kilmister ran a sports shop in Wembley (it was still going in the '70's).

54 minutes ago, iris123 said:

List is almost as long as the football players who had pubs

Or speedway riders, for that matter! Ron How and Malcolm Holloway for a start...

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

Reg Trott sold scooters in Merton High St, and before him, Wally Kilmister ran a sports shop in Wembley (it was still going in the '70's).

Claude Rye's Indian shop on the Fulham rd and Gus Kuhn's in Stockwell were two of the most famous in South London

Just now, iris123 said:

Claude Rye's Indian shop on the Fulham rd and Gus Kuhn's in Stockwell were two of the most famous in South London

Yep, I remember both of those! Used to drive past Gus' on a regular basis.

6 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Not forgetting, in more modern times Leigh Latham and his brother running a chip shop !

Was it bombed by the Germans? :rofl:

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

Plus even internationally another former Dons rider opened a shop that still I think exists

https://www.hamburg-web.de/guide/detail/Autohaus-Rumrich

and of course the Milne bros ran a shop in Pasadena California 

Wilbur Lamoreaux ran a motorcycle shop in Glendale.

Wally came from Hall Green Birmingham, John Somerfield would be the best man for photos, as he sells copies from his collection

Just read some total nonsense on wikipedia about John Lloyd supposed brother of Wally and Jeff, he has absolutely no conection to the Lloyd brothers, John Peregrine Francis Lloyd  came from a high flying very well off family from Edgbaston, Birmingham. A commitee member of the Birmingham MCC (Greet Motordrome) Also a member of the West Bromwich flying club, flew his Bride to Paris for their honeymoon in his own plane, cant trust Wiki:rolleyes:

John Peregrine Francis Lloyd, a bio of his life can be found on good ole google

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1