British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

1987 World Final

We stayed in Groningen, Steve.  Breda is too far south.

Steve

oh well ... i was on the Wimbledon supporters coach both years :D

i have pictures somewhere from our day in Amsterdam ..

For some photos,go to

http://www.speedwayplus.co.uk/

Click on ''stadia pics''

Hope that helps.

Thanks, it does. Still needing to know the track length please, if anyone has the info.

It was a permanent speedway track in that Amsterdam Olympic Stadium, not a temporary one. They had staged speedway there on an a more or less annual basis before.

I used to go to the Golden helmet meetings in the late 70's and there were go cart races between heats,and ans a finish around midnight.

I seem to remember that this was an 8.7 track in terms of sprockets (I'm sure that was what Per Jonsson used around there), which would make it pretty big, although I couldn't tell you the exact measurement,

I for one think that this would be a good venue for a GP, as like Cardiff, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gothenburg it was a location in which you could make a really good weekend of it. It certainly had a good atmosphere when the world final was there - I remember there was a flower parade organised to coincide with the final.