British Speedway Forum
Guest PorkyFenman

Programmes - the filling in of

JJ, Print your own programme, I normally do :)

its hard to carry a pint, a burger and fill in a program - pints and burgers are enough for me!

Can I say I think Porky has a point !!!!

Not in criticising people for filling in programs BUT that in the modern era the fact that a sport can't provide a good results service to the fans at the venue. Look at lots of stadia now, they have electronic scoreboards, immediate replays, data on the players / riders / competitors etc. As it is how many complaints do you hear that "I couldn't hear the loudspeaker on turn 2 anyway" ?

I think Porky was actually making the point that "the way forward" might include updating a few old concepts. If the sport wants to attract newcomers then the odd upgrade or two won't go astray !!

But filling in programs isn't just about seeing what the score is. It's about all us terrace team managers looking several heats ahead in case changes are necessary and the real team manager balls it up :P:shock:

As a newbie to speedway i wasnt at all disturbed by the scribbling in the programs i even had a go myself and by the second half i even helped shazzybird with her program as she cocked it up slightly and shes been going to speedway for years :!:

Has anybody ever filled out a whole programme without making at least one mistake :?: I haven't.:oops:

:D

Hi LW

I have a sneaking suspicion that your lovely daughter is faultless in the stats area.

(Never seen Mr Smoothie make a mistake, either

well not on a programme anyway :D :clown )

Your right there Addy, she even knows which riders are in which heat without looking in the programme! I guess I should talk less and concentrate more, but I go to Speedway for fun, can't be doing with all this serious anorak stuff. :D

As for Mr Smoothie he's a man what d'ya expect. ;)

I'm impressed! I can't remember who's in what heat after Ht 4 other than Ht 13. Always shouting out the wrong names until they go past to line up and hope no-one hears me! :oops:

I'm like you LW, just go to watch the racing, have a beer and have a natter (bit like the GP Qualifier really :D ) - leave the programme filling to the other half. Makes me laugh - he's insistent on getting the times for the heats, but the scorecard just gets dumped in a drawer never to be seen again when we get home. Must be a man thing! :P :roll:

.....And I'm vegetarian. :shock: ... :lol:

Nice to know there is more than one vegetarian on the list Gem. :D

I have been a veggie for two thirds of my life.

OK, I must be an anorak then...I always fill in my programme, to me it is part of going to speedway, plus on the odd times I haven't filled it in, I have lost track of what is going on. Even sadder is the fact I use the Grand Prix programme in the speedway star at home when it is showing on Sky. I must be a very sad person indeed

You misunderstand me sue (don't worry most people do :P ). I always fill in a programme, including the GP at home, mostly incorrectly! The anorak bit was relating to the statistics side of things like riders averages, heat times and the other mundane,serious stuff! :)

I wasn't having a go....and yes, I fill in the times,points and all the changes and sometimes I do feel a bit sad but to me that is part of speedway, to make matters worse, I also have to fill in my sons programme....he can't be bothered. This was all said with tongue firmly in cheek, I just haven't worked out how to do the smilies yet. so just imagine a big smile smilie here

Nice to know there is more than one vegetarian on the list Gem. :D

I have been a veggie for two thirds of my life.

Two out of 1559 is not very good though. Perhaps we will have to spread the word. :P.. :lol:

Anyway at least Porkyfenman is better than PorkyPrimeCut as I now have nice visions of a rather overweight gentleman instead of a pig going round on a spit. :cry:

Guest PorkyFenman

PorkyPrimeCut is my bruvver

Not one and the same person then? :P