British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomazpozrl

New Stadium In Togliatti

Slovenian photographer Borut Cvetko was in Togliatti in early November (during the UEM meeting) and took some pictures of new speedway stadium there.

Stadium capacity is 15.000. It looks really great with swimming pool, saunas, fitness, solarium ... every rider also has it's own appartment etc. Russians are also planning to start a speedway school in the stadium and they have already bought 50 80cc bikes for the kids.

I've been told that Russians (Mega Lada Togliatti) are planning to stage European individual final in 2009 and are hoping to stage one of the rounds of Grand Prix series in 2010.

Stadium photos here: http://mediaspeed.net/skupina.asp?id=3&skupina=1714

Edited by tomazpozrl

Looks very professional,even got their own workshops.Reminicent of the British teams from the 1930s.I guess this is where Togliatti are holding Ice Racing as well.Having got the Khomitsevitch and Ivanov brothers from Kamensk-Uralski.They couldn't get a place in the top Russian league,so are competing in the 2nd league and the junior championships.

As i posted and f-s-p also there have been strong rumours for more than a year about them hosting the GPs in this stadium.

Very impressive :D

Looks very professional,even got their own workshops.Reminicent of the British teams from the 1930s.I guess this is where Togliatti are holding Ice Racing as well.Having got the Khomitsevitch and Ivanov brothers from Kamensk-Uralski.They couldn't get a place in the top Russian league,so are competing in the 2nd league and the junior championships.

As i posted and f-s-p also there have been strong rumours for more than a year about them hosting the GPs in this stadium.

Very impressive :D

What a fabulous development. The facilities must be the best in the world for a speedway stadium. Look forward to having a big event there and just might take a little trip across. :lol:

:blink::blink:

Wow that is impressive!

It looks very similar to one the Cradley Heathens have planned. :D

That is a dead spit of the Norfolk Arena

Hope the Chapman’s have their solicitors on the case :blink:

Fair play to the Rusty's. If there gonna create more stadia like that along with the larger stadiums in Poland we may struggle to hold on to riders in our own league.

Hello Friends!

I told and will talk everywhere and every time: we will come back again on speedway Olimp! I hope we see our stars like Igor Plechanov and Boris Samorodov.

Regards. Igor Kalashnik

www.speedway1.narod.ru