British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

German Gp Tickets

Tickets for the German GP went on sale yesterday, we have got front row back straight again, great view of track and into pits where you can virtually touch the riders below for £30.

Hi Rob,

What block are you in C or D, I'm in D2 should be just above the rider number 13 or 14.

I can't believe they still had front row seats still left, this year I ended up in the gods, good view though.

Hope they don't run out of beer outside again! :angry: And better toilet arrangements :blink: .

Best wishes Paul B)

Last year we were in D2 and was above Gollob/Andersen. This year we have gone for C2 so we are above the top guys.

Just had an email from them saying that rows 1 & 2 are not available now as they are covering them up for health & safety reasons, not too happy about it but can't do much about it, don't know why they are being covered up they are about 10 foot off the ground and have the pits inbetween the track.

Maybe it's the Health & Safety of the riders ? Perhaps one or two complained about the saliva dripping from above :P

Rico :rolleyes:

Probably, this year I could lean over and nearly tap Tomasz Gollob on the head.

Just had an email from them saying that rows 1 & 2 are not available now as they are covering them up for health & safety reasons, not too happy about it but can't do much about it, don't know why they are being covered up they are about 10 foot off the ground and have the pits inbetween the track.

Think your find it was because quite a few fans were spilling drink and dropping things on the rider. Cant see whats wrong with that myself. :P

Think your find it was because quite a few fans were spilling drink and dropping things on the rider. Cant see whats wrong with that myself.  :P

Yeah, nothing better than having a piece of a bockwurst and Beck's beer in your hair while putting on a helmet! :lol:;)

QUOTE (Rob B @ Dec 4 2007, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tickets for the German GP went on sale yesterday, we have got front row back straight again, great view of track and into pits where you can virtually touch the riders below for £30.

Hi Rob,

As a matter of interest, how far in advance of the German GP did you get your tickets last year?

i.e. When did you receive them in the post?

Cheers

Edited by Timbo

Hi Rob,

As a matter of interest, how far in advance of the German GP did you get your tickets last year?

i.e. When did you receive them in the post?

Cheers

About 3-4 weeks before the GP I think.

Think this taken from speedwayworldtv:

THE FIM have confirmed the regulations for the richest race in speedway at the end of the season.

A prize fund of $200,000 will be up for grabs in the last heat of the Grand Prix series at Gelsenkirchen on October 11.

Last year, Andreas Jonsson won $100,000 for his win in the German Grand Prix to mark the 100th GP since the competition began back in 1995.

However, this year's prize heat will be an extra race on the card after the German GP has completed - and it will feature the winners of the four meetings deemed as Super Prix, those being Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Cardiff and Gelsenkirchen.

The winner of the race will pocket $120,000 with the consolation prizes being $40,000 for second place, $25,000 for third and $15,000 for fourth.

A chance to the World Cup regulations announced at the FIM Congress was that teams will revert to being made up of five riders, as it was agreed that the six-man format used in 2007 was unsatisfactory.

Ole Olsen has signed a new three year deal to continue as Race Director for the Grand Prix and World Cup series, and Olsen is also a member of the SGP Commission alongside CCP President Roy Otto and FIM Sporting Director Ignacio Verneda.

will help push the tickets for this year, an extra race for a large purse, sounds like a great finale to the GP's , however have to hope we have 4 winners of those picked GP's, otherwise could cause problems :rolleyes:

Edited by Badge

I think lots of riders complained about how close supporters were last year. We were above Scotty & could watch his monitor for replays

[have to hope we have 4 winners of those picked GP's, otherwise could cause problems :rolleyes:

Yeah a certain Mr Andersen could be riding against himself :D

Got the same box as last year. hope the food is as good, cant wait.