Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

It might do in a normal English sentence Hector, but not in an email adrress or a web site address. Its not a wind up, but a serious comment. I've just checked my email address book, and not one address ends with a full stop!

As I said to Chris, I'm pretty sure you leave the full stop off the end of email and web site addresses, and I have had mail rejected by that simple dot.

Any computer experts out there that can confirm that?

I'm pretty sure Mr Seaward was using a normal English sentence which just happened to have an email address in it. ;)

Great performance by young Cam. The lad has got talent and protential. I've always rated the lad.

Thankyou aussiegal and Sandie for the updates

Hector,

I know everyone has adjusted the acknoweldgements but I dont want people to think I was ignoring this though. But as soon as I posted the A final result I went off to work.

I think today was a great team effort and shows how all sorts of forums can work together.

Ron and Sir Lunchy were updating the Australian Yahoo site which in truth was our primary source of information. And Aussiegal was getting a great reception to the radio Freemantle show back in OZ.

I simply compiled all those bits together and the speedway updates sites then used all of the above to place them on that forum as well.

Its great t think that between us we can get almost instant results and keep the support going for those who you want to do well.

As for the quality of Radio Freemantle - if things can be improved then that will be super but Im always happy to take what Im given.

But if the powers that be (*looks upwards*) can try and get the buffering done in between heats rather than lap 4 of every heat I would be grateful!!!!!!! :P:D

thank you to all who made the updates to the UK possible  :)

Yes I,ll echo that too as without them just listening to the buffering would have been infuriating. Hope its maybe sorted for next one.

Can someone tell us how the points are added, ie are points awarded for the A & B finals for the Championship ?

Good to see speedway at Sydney Showground again. Is it a one-off or will there be more meetings staged there?

the races are at sydney showground but not the one in moore park it is the new track they used for four or five years it is situated at silverwater -auburn at the new show ground in the area where the olympics where held :D

Edited by bubsy

Yes I,ll echo that too as without them just listening to the buffering would have been infuriating. Hope its maybe sorted for next one.

Can someone tell us how the points are added, ie are points awarded for the A & B finals for the Championship ?

the points awarded last year were-:

A final 1st 20, 2nd 18, 3rd 17, 4th 16

B final 1st 15, 2nd 14, 3rd 13, 4th 12

9th 11, 10th 10, 11th 9, 12th 7

13th 6, 14th 4, 15th 3, 16th 2

seeing the same format is being used this year,

i presume [dangerous] the point allocation will also be the same

regards

john perry

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Firstly thanks to all the people who said thanks !! I was planning on a nice quiet night watching some speedway and then after heat 2 I got a call "could I phone through results so they could be put on the net ?" I did but nothing had been organised in advance so there were no rider line ups sent and it was a bit "seat of the pants" at times.

Apologies for any confusion, there were a couple of times Radio Fremantle and I had differences, one where they said Mitchell Davey was riding (but it was definitely James Holder) and once when we had Ksiezak & Batchelors positions reversed in heat 17 but later when they announced the final points over the PA they had Batchelor as 4th.

Ron and I are going to put a better back up system in place for round 2, hopefully it won't be needed.

Nothing in the program about points scoring, I can only assume (also dangerous !!) it's the same as last year

Morning all!

A night to remember at Mildura after a warmish (42C) day - luckily Lunchy & I kept on working at keeping our fluid levels topped up to avoid Dehydration! When we arrived at the track practise was just kicking off - doncha love the Smell of Speedway?! ;)

News on Taylor Poole late in the evening was that its not as bad as first feared but lotsa bruising will make sure he remembers it every time he breathes for a little while! Get well Real Soon Bloke! Really was a bad prang (anything that can bust the fence at Mildura has gotta be bad) - Taylor was on an outside line going into turn one and just seemed to turn right straight into the fence, maybe trying to avoid Justin Segdeman who kummagutza on the inside of him. The 350's were great entertainment apart from that; congratulations to all concerned -pity they're not running them at Gillman but we'll see 'em again for sure at Mt Gambier.

(Just checking I haven't mentioned "Mildura" too many times yet!) :rolleyes:

Anyhow, the men from Mildura :oops: erm....North-western Victoria gave us a great show last night; the standard of racing was right up there as befits our national championship, and the meeting ran smoothly with only a coupla minor glitches. The Crowd was down on last year's record as was only to be expected with so many top guns (Leigh, Crumpy, Rooboy, Davey, flyin' Ryan etc) either taking a well-earned break or financially hamstrung - this meant that despite our best efforts the track didn't run out of Beer or Bundy, although we certainly gave it our best shot! :D

Off to Timmis Speedway tonight for some 4 wheel action then its onwards to Adelaide, and a bit of Pommy-baiting! - see ya! :lol:

Just returned home from mildura, all the best to young Taylor, hope things arent

to bad.

Todd Kurtz was the dominant rider in the 350 class, first time ive seen him ride and looks like a super rider.

Very proud of Robert in his first ever meeting picking up a few seconds and included a good save when second in another ride, when he decided to ride around the fence, still laughing over that one.(thankfully)

Very dissapointed that he wont be given the chance to ride at gillman.

Some top class racing in the 500s and anyone who thought than Screen , Sitera, and Lingren are over for a holiday, only had to watch them duking it out against each other to change there minds.

Chopper

It might do in a normal English sentence Hector, but not in an email adrress or a web site address. Its not a wind up, but a serious comment. I've just checked my email address book, and not one address ends with a full stop! As I said to Chris, I'm pretty sure you leave the full stop off the end of email and web site addresses, and I have had mail rejected by that simple dot. Any computer experts out there that can confirm that?

If you want to use the email address...just copy the email and not copy the end full stop with it ;)

Huge thanks to the various posters on here, Ron at Yahoo.com and Radio Freemantle for the results.

,,,and who'd ya think was holding Lunchy's Bundy while he kept Ron informed? :blink:

Hardly spilt a drop by the way apart from the few litres that miraculously migrated to my Gullet! :o

Incidentally Sue I had nothing to do with Lunchy's TXT to ya, Honest! :rolleyes:

Just a thought. If the radio station is run on a shoestring, they ight not be able to afford to increase their bandwidth for the speedway, which is obviously making their sytem drag to a halt. Might be worth then sticking a paypal donation button on their site, and when the speedway is broadcast they could increase their bandwidth so it runs smoothly.

I am sure quite a few of us on here would be more than happy to donate a few quid via paypal so that we can hear it better.

Its not often that I agree with Senor Shoveller, but don't forget the BSF here as well for all the enjoyment that's provided to us gratis.

Not sure I believe you BFD ....and now I have received another one .

Are you leading him astray? :D

Not sure I believe you BFD ....and now I have received another one .

Are you leading him astray?  :D

Its my new mission in Life! B)