British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

Well if anyone fancies texting from these or any other Australian meetings (and of course I realise it is expensive from Australia), then I am more than willing to receive them and update on Speedway Updates.

If anyone does fancy that, get in touch via pm or email and we can sort something out.

Edited by crazysue

Shame that riders aren't interested in competing for their own national title, isn't it?

Yes they have their own reason and you can understand that the big guns like Crump, Adams and Sullivan want rest after busy season. Same with the oldies like Johnno, Paker and Lynos, they probably aren't interested so much anymore, but this should be only the opportunity for Schlein, Doolan, Watt, Shields ...  to try and snap some national medals.

I think all are in top sixteen exept for Lemon, Wethers and Leverington.

Well wish it will be interesting events anyway.

Delgado,

I agree its a shame that many top Aussie riders are not there.

I can only speak for Rory Schlein here as he is the one I know more about. Rory has recently purchased property here in the UK and moves in very soon. Coming home to Australia actually costs him money.

Sponsorship is given to 'foreign' riders to encourage them across yet nothing is available for the home boys.

Rory would love to come home and ride but simply cannot afford to do it this year.

He cannot afford to loose money and I know this is a decision he did not take lightly.

Not only for the riding inthe National Championships but also to see famly as well.

Delgado,

Rory would love to come home and ride but simply cannot afford to do it this year.

is a decision he did not take lightly.

Not only for the riding inthe National Championships but also to see famly as well.

I DO have sympathy with the Roo Boy Sandie - no dammit, I'm glad to know someone else is gonna have to suffer the fffffffrrreeeeeezin British weather at a time they're normally in Oz! :wink::lol: That's perked me up - no doubt you'll tell him so next time to see/speak to him! Hopefully that knowledge will make him feel a tad better! :D

Lyndon isn't intending to try and brave out the British winter at his age is he????? :unsure:

Seriously though, as has been said, it IS expensive to take all the riding gear back let alone themselves and with Rory with no doubt much to do in his new house (when's the house warming party??? Is he getting supplies of Bundy in?), others who aren't going back this time having various new family commitments over here AND the fact that the likes of Crumpy and Leigh simply need a rest, the Oz Champs is wide open.

Edited by Bryn

Sponsorship is given to 'foreign' riders to encourage them across yet nothing is available for the home boys.

Now that seems absolutely crazy!

There was a round of the Australian titles there last year. Worth noting is that it's the new Sydney Showground, not the famous old one that has been gone for over 10 years now. It's where they held the baseball at the Sydney Olympics and is part of the Olympic complex. Super venue for spectators but the track can only be termed as different and the riders reaction was amusement when they rode there last year. The best description I saw of the track shape was "like a teardrop", it's like a circle with one sharp bend. As for the future I have no idea if it will become a regular venue as a round of the Oz championships.

No. The best anyone can hope for is if Radio Fremantle does a live webcast again the same as they did last year (of the Gillman and Mt Gambier rounds from memory).

I was lucky enough to be there last season and I remember Jason Crump describing it as being 100mph into a right angled bend. The track is so huge they only do three laps, and the "safety fence" is solid concrete. A great show though with extreme Motocross and midgets in the bill. Wish I was there this time.

I was lucky enough to be there last season and I remember Jason Crump describing it as being 100mph into a right angled bend. The track is so huge they only do three laps, and the "safety fence" is solid concrete. A great show though with extreme Motocross and midgets in the bill. Wish I was there this time.

Me too!

:rolleyes::sad:

Damn wish I'd known. I went to the 1987 final on the coach with you and Roland Danno

Happy days eh? Great character Roly - had me in stitches when he told me about his time in a Russian hospital waiting to undergo a major operation following his dreadful crash - and the reasons why he skiddadled without going under the knife! :wink::lol:

Happy days eh? Great character Roly - had me in stitches when he told me about his time in a Russian hospital waiting to undergo a major operation following his dreadful crash - and the reasons why he skiddadled without going under the knife!  :wink:  :lol:

Seem to remember we lost him in Amsterdam too!! :wink::rolleyes: Edited by Sparky from Sheffield

I DO have sympathy with the Roo Boy Sandie - no dammit, I'm glad to know someone else is gonna have to suffer the fffffffrrreeeeeezin British weather at a time they're normally in Oz!  :wink:  :lol: That's perked me up - no doubt you'll tell him so next time to see/speak to him! Hopefully that knowledge will make him feel a tad better!

Lyndon isn't intending to try and brave out the British winter at his age is he????? 

Seriously though, as has been said, it IS expensive to take all the riding gear back let alone themselves and with Rory with no doubt much to do in his new house (when's the house warming party??? Is he getting supplies of Bundy in?), others who aren't going back this time having various new family commitments over here AND the fact that the likes of Crumpy and Leigh simply need a rest, the Oz Champs is wide open.

Your mean Bryn!!! And what makes the weather and Rory even funnier is that he has had a Scotty done to him!! Shaved (or nearly shaved) head in a bet (or similar) with his furture father in law.

I remember Rory a couple of years ago whinging about how cold his head was and that was back in November with a full head of hair!! So enjoy your moment Bryn and know there is a kindred spirit out there. :D

Lydon will not be staying to see the winter they return home mid December.

Next - housewarming - no idea but Im sure we can persude him. I will let you know :D:wink:

Delgado,

I can only speak for Rory Schlein here as he is the one I know more about. Rory has recently purchased property here in the UK and moves in very soon. Coming home to Australia actually costs him money.

He  cannot afford to loose money and I know this is a decision he did not take lightly.

Not to mention his ENORMOUS fan club - and that's just Me!!

Oh, well, I'll hafta put me NT Flag back in mothballs 'til next time - get rich soon, Rory!!

Not to mention his ENORMOUS fan club - and that's just Me!!

Oh, well, I'll hafta put me NT Flag back in mothballs 'til next time - get rich soon, Rory!!

Oh poor Dave!!!

And he was so close to coming home just so he didnt upset you.

You have no idea of the sleepless nights he went through deciding if he could cope without seeing you this year BFD!!!! :o:D

Oh poor Dave!!!

And he was so close to coming home just so he didnt upset you.

You have no idea of the sleepless nights he went through deciding if he could cope without seeing you this year BFD!!!! :o  :D

He's a lucky boy, Sandie - some of us hafta look in tha mirror every morning!

I am going along with family and some friends, Going with Travel plus

First time to Aussie and cannot wait,

Even better now Swindon has signed Travis and Troy as we will have someone to cheer for,

was disapointed that Leigh is not riding but can understand that he needs a rest and spend time with his family.

Edited by Rita

I am going  along with family and some friends, Going with Travel plus

First time to Aussie and cannot wait,

Even better now Swindon has signed Travis and Troy as we will have someone to cheer for,

was disappointed that Leigh is not riding but can understand that he needs a rest and spend time with his family.

That's it! Make me feel even worse than I do now as I can't make my annual trek Down Under! :angry: Seriously though you'll have a ball BUT one notable word of caution - beware of BFD!!!! :wink::lol: You HAVE been warned!

Bryn

P.S. Er..... Don't suppose there's any chance of you bringing back a duty-free bottle of Bundy for a poor unfortunate soul who is really suffering is there?

:unsure:

Edited by Bryn