British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

Even better now Swindon has signed Travis and Troy as we will have someone to cheer for,

was disapointed that Leigh is not riding but can understand that he needs a rest and spend time with his family.

So you wouldn't have cheered for them otherwise ;)

Seem to remember we lost him in Amsterdam too!!  :wink::rolleyes:

Oh yes I remember that! Alas though, as this is a family forum I can't relate the tale of the time he shinned up a roadside tree - and a police car pulled up!

:lol:

I am going  along with family and some friends, Going with Travel plus

First time to Aussie and cannot wait,

G'day Rita, and Howtha****areya?

That's it! Make me feel even worse than I do now as I can't make my annual trek Down Under!  :angry:  Seriously though you'll have a ball BUT one notable word of caution - beware of BFD!!!!  You HAVE been warned!

Bryn

Sounds like the green-eyed Yellow Idol to the north of Kathmandu, doesn't he Rita? :rolleyes:

Don't worry about a thing, me hands never leave the ends of their arms! B)

By the way, I don't suppose you've got a Pulse?? :blink:

See ya in Adelaide, M8!! :D

G'day Rita, and Howtha****areya?

Sounds like the green-eyed Yellow Idol to the north of Kathmandu, doesn't he Rita? 

Don't worry about a thing, me hands never leave the ends of their arms!

By the way, I don't suppose you've got a Pulse??

See ya in  Adelaide, M8!! :D

See Rita! :rolleyes: I DID warn ya! :lol:

That's it! Make me feel even worse than I do now as I can't make my annual trek Down Under!  :angry:  Seriously though you'll have a ball BUT one notable word of caution - beware of BFD!!!!    You HAVE been warned!

Bryn

P.S. Er..... Don't suppose there's any chance of you bringing back a duty-free bottle of Bundy for a poor unfortunate soul who is really suffering is there?

:unsure:

May think about bringing you back a bottle of bundy :unsure:

Thanks for the warning about BFD, although would be nice to meet him :unsure:

May think about bringing you back a bottle of bundy :unsure:

Thanks for the warning about BFD,  although would be nice to meet him   :unsure:

Careful what you wish for, Rita!! :blink:

When you get to Adelaide Airport watch out for a Blond Tanned Surf God type 6'2" Hunk of Muscle and Love - while you're lookin' for him I'll slither up behind ya!! :rolleyes:

Edited by BigFatDave

Seems a poor quality line-up compared to last year ...but bruv will be getting the Swindon prog board out at Gillman to observe the 2 New ROObins McGowan and Batchelor . Cant see there being a 6000 capacity lock-out at Mildura this time without the 2 local superstars Adams and Crumpie .

The Aussie fans are being short-changed .

Lindgren must start favourite ..sure Screeny Holder Doyle Batchelor McGowan will be thereabouts .

Edited by keef

Seems a poor quality line-up compared to last year ...but bruv will be getting the Swindon prog board out at Gillman to observe the 2 New ROObins  McGowan and Batchelor . Cant see there being a 6000 capacity lock-out at Mildura this time without the 2 local superstars Adams and Crumpie .

The Aussie fans are being short-changed .

Lindgren must start favourite ..sure Screeny Holder Doyle Batchelor McGowan will be thereabouts .

I for one don't think we're getting ripped-off, keef!

While it would be great to see all the stars we've got a great line-up of up-and-comers, plus the duels between Lindgren, Sitera and Holder promise to be rippers.

As it is the Ozchamps format of 5 meetings over two weeks enables far-flung fans like myself, Lunchy, Ozyace, Spiderweb, Ron & Gavin et al, all from different bits of Oz, to catch up, see a bit of the countryside (my specialty is the Night Sky, usually from flat on me back), perform our party pieces (Look, BFD's doing his "speedhump' impression - Marcel Marceau's turnin' in his grave!), enjoy World-class Speedway and get rotten. What more do ya want?

I think its a great line up that looks competitive. Like it or not here comes the next generation.

It's a bummer Rory couldn't make it to light up the track. Such a kick ass rider!

Perhaps if Motorcycling Australia got off their ass and helped out things might be a little different...

I think its a great line up that looks competitive. Like it or not here comes the next generation.

It's a bummer Rory couldn't make it to light up the track. Such a kick ass rider!

Perhaps if Motorcycling Australia got off their ass and helped out things might be a little different...

I knew I liked you for a reason!!!! :D

100% correct

Qotue; BFD

As it is the Ozchamps format of 5 meetings over two weeks enables far-flung fans like myself, Lunchy, Ozyace, Spiderweb, Ron & Gavin et al, all from different bits of Oz, to catch up, see a bit of the countryside ;

End Quote;

I have struggled with the field with this years Title, yes I would love to see a field of all the top Aussies I can almost make a full line up with the riders that are not riding!

I can see the need to bolster the existing Aussie field with a few imports and the Aussie youngsters have several good rides coming up Under 21 s and state titles ect

Yes maybe the powers to be could have Helped some of the top Aussie UK based riders to get over here but 5 rounds all over the country very expensive and draining just try following them and spectating

!

As a foot note a couple of the UK Sidecar teams are keen to ride in the Aust Sidecar Title and will have to ride in the qualifying round and qualify to get in they have accepted that decision with no problems!

That shows true love and dedication to the sport would Screeny do that?

Anyway all the usual suspects will be there and who ever wins will deserve the Title!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
I have struggled with the field with this years Title, yes I would love to see a field of all the top Aussies I can almost make a full line up with the riders that are not riding!

I can see the need to bolster the existing Aussie field with a few imports and the Aussie youngsters have several good rides coming up Under 21 s and state titles ect

I have the same dilema Spider. I will go and I will enjoy myself but will keep wondering what it would be like and how it would compare if Adams, Crump, Schlein, Johnston, Watt, Shields, Doolan etc were there.

I love the U21 guys to bits and think the Oz U21's are a great meeting but on balance I would rather see more of the top names riding in the senior title. Let the kids earn their way into the senior title, this year I think it's been a bit too easy for a few of them.