British Speedway Forum
Guest BRUSPRING

SPEEDWAY MAIL.

On 2/14/2003 at 5:36 PM, falcace said:

I did get the Mail, but I always thought the Star was superior. 1. Colour photos, 2. Proper journalists

A rather harsh comment falcace. I did shifts there away from a day job in a local newspaper where I was also the father on their National Union of Journalists chapel. And many of the Mail's contributors also had full time jobs on local newspapers.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, gustix said:

A rather harsh comment falcace. I did shifts there away from a day job in a local newspaper where I was also the father on their National Union of Journalists chapel. And many of the Mail's contributors also had full time jobs on local newspapers.

Erm, let me get this right...you are digging out quotes from 16 years ago to revive a long-gone discussion? I've heard of quiet Sundays, but this is something else! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, gustix said:

36 minutes ago, falcace said:

Erm, let me get this right...you are digging out quotes from 16 years ago to revive a long-gone discussion? I've heard of quiet Sundays, but this is something else! :D

Does it matter that the debate is about a topic started 16 years ago! It's still something that I feel is of interest falcace.

And the thread title is YEARS GONE BY. 

5 minutes ago, ch958 said:

The Mail was inferior. If it wasn't it would still be here

I agree entirely that Speedway Star was far superior to Speedway Mail. I also had during my very early years in journalism several years working at the Star. This dispute is not about differences in standards between the two publications but an assertion that the Mail did not have 'proper journalists' involved with it. That is the factor which I dispute.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Does it matter that the debate is about a topic started 16 years ago! It's still something that I feel is of interest falcace.

And the thread title is YEARS GONE BY. 

I don't think the years gone by name is to do with the age of the posts John.

1 hour ago, falcace said:

16 years has to be a record surely for the longest time waiting a reply.. bloody hell only Gustix would be trawling thru the archives on a lovely sunny day in London and feel the need to chirp in.  

14 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I don't think the years gone by name is to do with the age of the posts John.

16 years has to be a record surely for the longest time waiting a reply.. bloody hell only Gustix would be trawling thru the archives on a lovely sunny day in London and feel the need to chirp in.  

A good point to raise in regard  to the pleasant sunny weather The Doctor. However in the world at large many happenings of the past eventually surface for discussion. That has now happened in this thread regarding staff at the 'Speedway Mail' in the 1970s.

I read in a newspaper yesterday that investigations may start in regard to actions by the Japanese army when they initially invaded China in 1937. 

On that trend the happening of the past are always likely to surface at some time. In the context of the Post by falcace I am linked as not being 'a proper journalist' when working for 'Speedway Mail' when such was far from the factual case.

Edited by Guest

Tbh John,nobody can damage your reputation quite as much as you do,yourself

You have started to make a few decent posts.Surely you can see the difference and can also see the damage you have done to yourself over the years and still do at times

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gustix said:

A good point to raise in regard  to the pleasant sunny weather The Doctor. However in the world at large many happenings of the past eventually surface for discussion. That has now happened in this thread regarding staff at the 'Speedway Mail' in the 1970s.

I read in a newspaper yesterday that investigations may start in regard to actions by the Japanese army when they initially invaded China in 1937. 

On that trend the happening of the past are always likely to surface at some time. In the context of the Post by falcace I am linked as not being 'a proper journalist' when working for 'Speedway Mail' when such was far from the fact.

Many happenings of the past surface for discussion ? 

Have i missed the recent news with speedway mail in recently then ? If so, apologies - however it does look like you just wanted to tell an anecdote about your worklife and take a 16 year old message to task, when to any sane person, it was clear what the tone of it was. 

Can i also say, i don't see where falcace referred to the speedway mail in the 1970s in his message you've taken umbrage to. 

The fact is Grachan proved the point to be true.He was a fan who wrote in and they used his pieces and it seems without accreditation they made him the Reading correspondent!!!Fact

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

You have started to make a few decent posts.Surely you can see the difference and can also see the damage you have done to yourself over the years and still do at times

Don't get so   personal like you always do you are a clown and a bully so why don't you pick on me.?

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

Many happenings of the past surface for discussion ? 

Have i missed the recent news with speedway mail in recently then ? If so, apologies - however it does look like you just wanted to tell an anecdote about your worklife and take a 16 year old message to task, when to any sane person, it was clear what the tone of it was. 

Can i also say, i don't see where falcace referred to the speedway mail in the 1970s in his message you've taken umbrage to. 

The fact is Grachan proved the point to be true.He was a fan who wrote in and they used his pieces and it seems without accreditation they made him the Reading correspondent!!!Fact 

Fair comments from both The Doctor and iris123 to which I now subscribe. As an old saying goes something like "You have shot yourself in the foot!" It certainly looks as though I may have done so - yet again! From my standpoint the matter is closed - and apologies to falcace it would appear.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't get so   personal like you always do you are a clown and a bully so why don't you pick on me.?

Why should I pick on you Sidney the Robin?Nobody is bullying anyone as far as I can see.As I have posted,Grachan years ago backed up Falcace’s point with a fact

Just now, iris123 said:

Why should I pick on you Sidney the Robin?Nobody is bullying anyone as far as I can see.As I have posted,Grachan years ago backed up Falcace’s point with a fact

You have had a nasty agenda against Gustix/ Mr Hyam for years why not keep your nasty vendetta going against me.?. Be great we could always have a chat over the speedway maybe a pint ??  don't bully just be measured.!!!

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You have had a nasty agenda against Gustix/ Mr Hyam for years why not keep your nasty vendetta going against me.?. Be great we could always have a chat over the speedway maybe a pint ??  don't bully just be measured.!!!

I am measured.I always think I make a point,rather than some irrational abuse.And if I have something to say to one of your posts,I do and will in future,don’t worry about that

You do seem to have jumped in without thinking again,though,as gustix seems to have agreed with the point made by Grachan

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1