British Speedway Forum
Guest BRUSPRING

SPEEDWAY MAIL.

Guest BRUSPRING

IN THE 1970'S,I PREFERED SPEEDWAY MAIL TO SPEEDWAY STAR.THERE SEEMED TO BE MUCH MORE IN IT.

WHAT DO U LOT THINK?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

They say the cream always rises to the top - and Speedway Star is still with us - that should mean something.

Having said that I do remember reading the Mail under the bed clothes as a kid with a torch :lol: and a good read it was too. :approve:

Guest BRUSPRING

DONT GET ME WRONG.I LOVE THE STAR, ITS SUPERB.JUST I REMEMBER THE MAIL WITH AFFECTION.

Having said that I do remember reading the Mail under the bed clothes as a kid with a torch :lol: and a good read it was too. :approve:

I remember reading magazines under the bedclothes by torchlight too. Probably explains why I never felt the need to buy a tent. :shock: :clown

I remember reading magazines under the bedclothes by torchlight too. Probably explains why I never felt the need to buy a tent. :shock: :clown

My bet is your magazines were glossier than the Speedway Mail though LT? :clown

My bet is your magazines were glossier than the Speedway Mail though LT? :clown

My goodness,

You learn something new about people everyday :!: :shock:

I wrote for Speedway Mail for a while. Crap payers!

Guest Dicky Arbiter
I wrote for Speedway Mail for a while. Crap payers!

And I EDITED the Speedway Mail for a spell and totally agree with your comments on payments!!!! :x :oops: :!:

My dad was a contributor to the Mail for words and pictures - Bruce Grainger (RIP). We weren't allowed to buy the Star for some time.

• Like 1

I remember the Mail to, I thought it was very good. its a shame we cant have it back as well as the star, two reads would be better than one I suppose. why did it finish? anyone know, from what we`ve heard about crap paying, probably lack of finance!

It always seemed to be a bit more "sensationalist" than the Star to me, although it seems a shame that the sport can't support more than one weekly paper, lots of other "minority" sports seem to.

I prefer the Star! The Mail was always a big paper and I was only small I couldn't hold it! :roll: