British Speedway Forum
spiegal

Speedway Star Travel Club

And even nicer people like iris123, of whom I would like to meet again :D

Another plus point for TPT is that when they travel to exotic locations they'll engage the services of a local interpreter to assist with any language difficulties - that's why on the upcoming tour of Oz you'll be able to converse fluently with the average Aussie. :rolleyes:

Another plus point for TPT is that when they travel to exotic locations they'll engage the services of a local interpreter to assist with any language difficulties - that's why on the upcoming tour of Oz you'll be able to converse fluently with the average Aussie. :rolleyes:

YOU? "Average" BFD???? :blink: I don't think so!!! :wink::lol:

This said, in these days of the Internet it's dead easy to organise everything yourself, so long as you're prepared for something to go wrong on the odd occasion, then you can do it a bit cheaper now. I'd be a bit surprised though if you're really doing a GP weekend for GBP 200 - when you take into account flights, hotels, getting to/from the airport, parking at the airport, transfer from the airport, GP tickets and so forth...

£200? Don't think its ever cost us more then £150 to do a foreign GP, nowadays we do them for around £100!

I see the advantage of the likes of Travel Plus for the single person etc wanting to go abroad but I still think they rip off to make a profit.

Years ago Peter Ballinger use to organise trips to Slovenia and Norway and sorted out all the transport with coaches & hotels and charged less then half the price of Travel Plus.

YOU? "Average" BFD????  :blink:  I don't think so!!!

Here's a few simple phrases to help out:

"Where are you going with my wallet, you bigfatb******?" becomes:

"Help yourself, BFD, I'll have a half". :D

"Omigod, where the **** are we?" translates as:

"Its OK, BFD, I'll shout us a cab". :approve:

"Has anyone seen my Wife and 18-year-old Daughter?" becomes:

"Has anyone seen BFD?" :rolleyes:

Hope this helps. B)

Years ago Peter Ballinger use to organise trips to Slovenia and Norway and sorted out all the transport with coaches & hotels and charged less then half the price of Travel Plus.

Yes, I've been on one of his trips. It was well organised, although it was more him doing it at cost-price for his mates rather than an officially-organised thing wasn't it?

Another plus point for TPT is that when they travel to exotic locations they'll engage the services of a interpreter

To be honest, that isn't much of a selling-point these days. To return to what's being discussed on another thread, practically everyone involved in the European tourist industry speaks English to some extent these days.

This year - and probably next year - we did 3 meetings in 3 days on the Prague trip with TP Tours, with meetings at Mseno and Divisov. Many of the TP trips include other meetings apart from GP's. 

TP ain't cheap, but you just turn up and everything is done for you. When I was in  my 20's I did trips on my own (and it wasn't anywhere near as easy in the 70's as it is today, believe me!) , these days I just let a reliable company organise it all.

Each to their own!

Fully agree with each to their own, but these extra trips should be included. 2 years ago those poor sods with TPT were charged £25 to get to slany on the friday, those of us that just hopped on a bus or train got there for under £2. I noticed in last years brochure some of these trips were included, probably because most of us there made sure the TPT crowd heard how much it really cost. But well done to mr easter, he's found a market where people are stupid enough to pay 2-3 times as much as rest of us, and he'd be an idiot not to exploit it.

Make it £160 for my trip to Prague as a GP ticket is not included in the price anyway :o

Bit poor that, go on a speedway trip and have to pay extra for the speedway!

Fully agree with each to their own, but these extra trips should be included. 2 years ago those poor sods with TPT were charged £25 to get to slany on the friday,  those of us that just hopped on a bus or train got there for under £2. I noticed in last years brochure some of these trips were included, probably because most of us there made sure the TPT crowd heard how much it really cost. But well done to mr easter, he's found a market where people are stupid enough to pay 2-3 times as much as rest of us, and he'd be an idiot not to exploit it.

£23 profit per person on a £2 ticket! no wonder he says no one should miss out on travel plus tour!!