British Speedway Forum
BOBBATH

John Mills

I have just received a PM from dawnyc requesting more information - if known - in regard to John Mills. The best I could offer her was the Link to this thread, but further comments in regard to John Mills, if made in this thread, will I am sure be appreciated by Dawn.

Edited by Guest

Glad to hear John is still remembered-he was in the first meeting I ever saw in June 1964 riding at Newport for Long Eaton-anyone know when and why he emigrated to Oz(maybe some of the same reasons why I emigrated to Canada)!!

• Like 1

From what I remember dad moved to us all to Australia because he believed it had more options for him work wise and also he wanted to try the speedway circuits over here.

I think he was right-so sorry it ended that way but hope you all are enjoying your life in Oz

Wasn't John the reason that Wolverhampton instead of Stoke won the 1963 PL-because Stoke put him in their team when they shouldn't have for a crucial fixture

Both my Uncle, another John Mills, and my father, known as Dave Mills raced in the mid 60's.  I remember as a young child going to meets with them.  I have a recollection of my uncle breaking his leg at a meet in Poole and my dad having to drive down to pick him up.

My Uncle has his original leathers hanging up in his workshop at home, but i doubt he's get into them now! 

We're based in West Wales, be interesting to see if anyone remembers them.

• Like 1

As you know John Mills has sadly passed away after emigrating to Australia-he was in the first meeting I ever saw in 1964-much missed. You should be proud of him!!