British Speedway Forum

Bomber and Cam Woodward.

oh, you mean when bomber fell off. thought there was no contact. :unsure:

I had a feeling that both Ipswich and Coventry would be dark horses for this!

Well done Ipswich on getting to the semi-final.

Congratulations to Coventry on the win . :)

Bomber and Cam Woodward.

I didn't see Cam Woodward go down but Bomber certainly wasn't fenced, he just lost control in the dirt

Well Done Hans & Bomber

Elite League Pairs Champions.

A trophy in the cabinet for 2008, & so much for all those who said the Bees will be trophyless this season.

We are now the proud owners of all 4.

Beforehand I thought it would be a Coventry/Belle Vue final but the semi draw affected that, for some reason just like our last meeting there Gjedde was struggling for speed again on both bikes. Surprised it was Adams at the back in the final, thought it would be Korneliussen.

PS Did anyone else see Iversen hit Korneliussen in the head, happened going down the back straight after Korleliussen ran Iversen right out ot the fence when the race finished.

Not a bad meeting. Coventry always looked a likely winner as the meeting progressed, but a good performance from Swindon - particularly from Mads. Great to see him back to his pre-makeover form.

Was hoping for a dramatic last race, with Leigh letting Hans past to try and block Harris and help Mads get through etc etc, but it never quite turned out like that, and I wouldn't have expected the same from Mads to reverve the situation, although it would have been nice to see him have a go.

Stay away riders didn't ruin it as the main guys were still there. I can accept it from Andreas Jonsson if he's just become a dad, but Nicholls just made himself look daft by by not doing this meeting. Why is he not banned?

And well done to Ipswich - Rory rode very well and also looked really happy, relaxed and comfortable in the pits afterwards. :)

Thank you Sandie, that is good to know. Well done Swidders and Rory, to get to the Semis was excellent. :approve:

Well done Coventry, you may just be the holder of 5 tropies after the ELRC on Wednesday.....you never know! :wink:

Thank you Sandie, that is good to know. Well done Swidders and Rory, to get to the Semis was excellent. :approve:

Well done Coventry, you may just be the holder of 5 tropies after the ELRC on Wednesday.....you never know! :wink:

Ahhh the "grand slam". Now that would be nice.

Must say I agree with everyone regarding Nicholls, as the British Champion he should have a resposibility to perform in these events if they are to be treated as the "blue riband" events the BSPA want them to be. A fine, and/or ban should definately be on his way, however one thing that is in his favour is that he has been honest about it. He could've quite easily said he missed his flight back from the g.p or was ill/injured

I would agree with that Bert. Scott screwed up here, but at least he didn't treat everyone like fools.

Congrats to Coventry. Sounds as though Hans, particularly, rode very well.

Why did he pull out ?

I thought he had a bad fall on Saturday, he seemed to be holding his right shoulder, maybe a collarbone injury

What reason did Nicholls give for pulling out then ?

Why did he pull out ?

I thought he had a bad fall on Saturday, he seemed to be holding his right shoulder, maybe a collarbone injury

He pulled out as part of he "refocussing" regime.

Not a bad meeting but i would like to know why i cant drink a can of beer at swindon when i can at any other stadium without a problem,the place had more security and stewards than any speedway stadium ive been to any somebody ought to invest in a couple of tins of paint.