British Speedway Forum

Doesn't this depend on where the event was held?  Sure, I'd back Peterborough at Awalton but not necessarily at other tracks.  All very random - anyone can win on the day, so it's scarcely scientific!

Fair enough AndyM,but as we all know in the best pairs coming 2nd and 3rd is more important than 1st and last,and IMO P/Bora have the ideal pairing to do just that,plus they are also Danes who can gate.

:o

Is there any truth in the rumour I heard tonight - Kings Lynn (Topinka & Doolan) are making up the tenth pairing for the meeting ?????????

lets not make the "super 7s" a farce from the off again.

This is supposed to be the EL pairs not an invitation event, besides the top pairing in the PL are workingtons top 2

Edited by The Third Man

When I said "Why" to the person who told me his reply was - "They are the home team and so come cheaper than any other Premier pair"

Knowing the way it works that sounded about right

When I said "Why" to the person who told me his reply was - "They are the home team and so come cheaper than any other Premier pair"

Knowing the way it works that sounded about right

well if its true its par for the course, however might as well use the KL reserves as they will come even cheaper, if its going to be a farce make it a proper one.

:o

Is there any truth in the rumour I heard tonight - Kings Lynn (Topinka & Doolan) are making up the tenth pairing for the meeting ?????????

it may not follow the idea of elite pairs...but tomas and kevin would gibe the meeting a real gd mix up! and in fairness if they both ride to their potential, they wouldnt suprise me if they made the semis!

it may not follow the idea of elite pairs...but tomas and kevin would gibe the meeting a real gd mix up! and in fairness if they both ride to their potential, they wouldnt suprise me if they made the semis!

but if they are in it it isnt the EL pairs so change the name to the invitation pairs event anyway hopefully this wont happen anyway

but if they are in it it isnt the EL pairs  so change the name to the invitation pairs event    anyway hopefully this wont happen anyway

im not necessarily saying i agree with it...just that it wouldnt affect the meeting and bring the standard down to much..

but if they are in it it isnt the EL pairs so change the name to the invitation pairs event anyway hopefully this wont happen anyway

I hope you make the same fuss about the World Championship invitation league!!?

It's not been officially confirmed has it anyways!

Can't wait to see AJ round Lynn again. During our last season in the EL in 2002 he rode in three matches for Coventry at the NA and scored three full maximums. Nobody got anywhere near him, not even his team mates!

Roobins look good with 2 ex-Lynn riders

Why is this event being staged at a Premier league track. The last event at Kings Lynn was a total farce.

If the event is profitable, then why not hold it at any of the Elite league tracks, have it on a rota basis if fans think there are home advantages.

Neutral venue presumably.

Also a good racetrack appreciated by most top EL riders (when not overwatered :D)

I don't think Buster will make that mistake again!!!

Really?

The two umpa lumpas made the same "mistake" last season after he produced a farce of an EL riders championship at Lynn (overwatered track and half the Lynn team sniffing around for a ride). Oh wait! No he purposely produced the same track for Lynn v Sheffield in the play offs. Marvellous.

Never mind Jonny you can have the pairs again and be on standby if a track pulls out.