British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

2009 Grand Prix Challenge In Britain

See GB has been allocated the Grand Prix Challenge by the FIM

next years dates here

But no Junior final for Rye House...maybe they have GP Challenge?

Were they promised the Junior final?Sometimes it takes a while to work up the ladder.You host a quali,then a semi and then maybe the final.But there are always a few teams in line.Every year obviously there are two teams who host a semi-final but only one team with the final.I know Stralsund said they were promised a Euro final but it has taken a few years to get it

I would have thought the GP Challenge will go to Coventry or Poole :lol:

Were they promised the Junior final?Sometimes it takes a while to work up the ladder.You host a quali,then a semi and then maybe the final.But there are always a few teams in line.Every year obviously there are two teams who host a semi-final but only one team with the final.I know Stralsund said they were promised a Euro final but it has taken a few years to get it

I would have thought the GP Challenge will go to Coventry or Poole :lol:

It was discussed about six months ago and someone said Rye was gonna maybe get it.

Maybe they should do things a bit better. Daugavpils in Latvia has three FIM meetings next season...

Which UK tracks have full FIM status for running meetings? :unsure:

I know that a few seasons ago Coventry had to make changes to bend 2 to bring it up to FIM stadard before they were given the World Cup meeting last year.

Edited by Sandie

It was discussed about six months ago and someone said Rye was gonna maybe get it.

Maybe they should do things a bit better. Daugavpils in Latvia has three FIM meetings next season...

Daugavpils and Miskolc are 2 tracks that always seem to get a few meetings each year.FIM & UEM meetings.

Gorican is an obvious track for these meetings.Just surprised that Togliatti and their new stadium haven't got a big meeting

Daugavpils and Miskolc are 2 tracks that always seem to get a few meetings each year.FIM & UEM meetings.

Gorican is an obvious track for these meetings.Just surprised that Togliatti and their new stadium haven't got a big meeting

My "mole" :lol: at the conference said that Hugary has been dropped completely from the lineup. So I was a bit surprised that they still had one meeting in the FIM calendar. Daugavpils has done it's homework as an organizer and are getting the reward. Alltough they are a bit like Finland, on the edge of the map...

Hungary will get their share of the UEM meetings for sure.

Maybe Togliatti will have a FIM Meeting in 2009. Personaly i think a russian GP 2009 is possible...

Maybe Togliatti will have a FIM Meeting in 2009. Personaly i think a russian GP 2009 is possible...

I agree.Maybe like you say they are looking at something bigger than a GP qualifier or a Junior World Final and going for the big one :lol:

Edited by iris123

I agree.Maybe like you say they are looking at something bigger than a GP qualifier or a Junior World Final and going for the big one :lol:

Yep. And when I feel like it, I'll call Poshbloke and tell him I'm organizing one by myself here. B)

Edited by f-s-p

Yep. And when I feel like it, I'll call Poshbloke and tell him I'm organizing one by myself here. B)

With Jari as wildcard :unsure::lol:

With Jari as wildcard :unsure::lol:

He's wearing the yellow jacket by then :wink:

How many tracks Latvia, Hungary and Croatia have? And how many of them are good tracks with good environment? And that is the answer for question why these 3 tracks get some meetings each year.

Great Britain, Poland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Germany and even Denmanrk have quite lot good tracks so cities from these countries have to wait some time for next WC meeting.

Edited by Mama

Which UK tracks have full FIM status for running meetings? :unsure:

I know that a few seasons ago Coventry had to make changes to bend 2 to bring it up to FIM stadard before they were given the World Cup meeting last year.

In recent years Belle Vue, Coventry, Eastbourne, Peterborough, Poole, Reading, Rye House, Sheffield and Swindon have all had FIM meeting. King's Lynn was, probably still is.

Cardiff is too narrow to be an FIM track, so make of that what you will ;)

Great Britain, Poland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Germany and even Denmanrk have quite lot good tracks so cities from these countries have to wait some time for next WC meeting.

Except that Leszno had the SWC race-off and final in 2007, will hold one of the rounds in 2008 and will have the race-off and final in 2009.